Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won the premiership with a half back line which dictated all the play. I'm not sure how much we could learn from Adelaide that we don't already know.
Well considering he is kicking to the most potent forward line of the past two years, that is more what I was getting at considering how abysmal that area has been for us lately. Just throwing it out there though, as another potential element to the trade.

Anyone worried that if we trade for Lever they will ask for Lewis Young (along with a 1st rounder)? He is from SA and would be their instant replacement for Lever. Obviously, it would be ridiculous if we did that trade, just think they will push hard for him to be included.

Anyone worried that if we trade for Lever they will ask for Lewis Young (along with a 1st rounder)? He is from SA and would be their instant replacement for Lever. Obviously, it would be ridiculous if we did that trade, just think they will push hard for him to be included.

Adelaide would ask for Bailey Williams.

They can ask for him but no chance in hell that they get him unless he decides he wants out at the end of the year.

I'd be happy enough to part with Williams and our first for Lever.
... Scrag

image.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What has Williams actually done at AFL level apart from show glimpses? JJ has a Norm Smith and is one of the most damaging half backs in the comp. Bailey Williams was a wild card pick who might be great or might do nothing or something in the middle.

And Lever has glass hamstrings

If Adelaide hypothetically asked for our first and one of Caleb Daniel, Lewis Young or Bailey Williams for Lever...I'd be saying my goodbyes to Williams without much hesitation. CD is one of our most important players. We're not going to trade the first promising key position player we've drafted in forever. Bailey Williams is probably going to be good, but those two are more important.

There are others I'd get rid of ahead of Williams, but just if they wanted one of our Adelaide guys, I think Williams should be the one to go.

If Adelaide hypothetically asked for our first and one of Caleb Daniel, Lewis Young or Bailey Williams for Lever...I'd be saying my goodbyes to Williams without much hesitation. CD is one of our most important players. We're not going to trade the first promising key position player we've drafted in forever. Bailey Williams is probably going to be good, but those two are more important.

There are others I'd get rid of ahead of Williams, but just if they wanted one of our Adelaide guys, I think Williams should be the one to go.
The question of who we can most afford to let go out of Young, Williams and Daniel is just not relevant though. If Adelaide ask for any of them, we can say no and offer them a picks only deal. If lever says he wants to play for us, we'll be able to get him in a picks only deal.

Think we have to remember Adelaide got a 1st rounder, 2nd rounder and Gore (worth maybe a 4th Rounder?) for Dangerfield.

I'd say Dangerfield is worth a fair bit more than Lever so talk of a 1st rounder and one of our young up and comers is too much.

That only changes if one of them asks for a trade back to Adelaide.

If we end up with Lever, are we also paying a slight fee for the Crows' inside knowledge? Their transition into their forward line is lethal, wonder if we could pick his brain on that to try and help us improve in that area as well as getting Jake Lever the player on the field.
Why not just ask Dan Talia for some inside info? He has a family connection to the dogs

Think we have to remember Adelaide got a 1st rounder, 2nd rounder and Gore (worth maybe a 4th Rounder?) for Dangerfield.

I'd say Dangerfield is worth a fair bit more than Lever so talk of a 1st rounder and one of our young up and comers is too much.

That only changes if one of them asks for a trade back to Adelaide.

I'd say he's worth the same as Lever considering the age difference. 1st and 2nd rounder seems right to me.

I'll fight everyone if bailey Williams is steak knives in a lever deal. Dude is going to be a BEAST.

Guys I'd trade ahead of Williams:

Dunkley
Collins
Clay
Webb
Dale

And I'm a massive dunkley fan.
I'm going to choose not to read any messages posted before this if we're (on BF) genuinely considering Williams as a trade candidate. That's just insane. You would have to be out of your mind to want to trade a 20 year old with that much natural poise from <20 games. 100% agree that he will be a beast, as you put it, and with your list. Although at the same rate, if we trade Dunkley, Collins or Dale I will be devastated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back