Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The third round pick we're due to receive from Norf is currently pick 37.

Dal has been very good in that range, aside from the one miss that shall not be named.
He's actually had a few misses - Fuller and Dec, arguably Talia, plus Tutt went at 31. But by all means his hits far outweigh his misses, and you'd expect plenty of misses once you get beyond the first round. His ability to find gems after pick 30 has been remarkable.

He's actually had a few misses - Fuller and Dec, arguably Talia, plus Tutt went at 31. But by all means his hits far outweigh his misses, and you'd expect plenty of misses once you get beyond the first round. His ability to find gems after pick 30 has been remarkable.

Tutt was his first draft as head recruiter in 2009, so I don't hold that against him. Talia was a good pick. Fuller & Hamilton were miles off.

100% agree. I'd have Monica and Phoebe both ahead of her. I've been told I'm mad for feeling this way but I've never found her attractive.

Same. But she temporarily piqued my interest in the Break Up... then convinced me in Horrible Bosses and We're the Millers.

It probably says a number of things about me that I wasn't really into her until she played a sex addict and a stripper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tutt was his first draft as head recruiter in 2009, so I don't hold that against him. Talia was a good pick. Fuller & Hamilton were miles off.
Tutt wasn't an awful pick in the context of a relatively shallow draft in hindsight after about pick 35. Only 14 players (counting Josh Thomas who will get there in time) has ended up playing more AFL games than him. Of course, we could have had Gawn, Astbury, Macmillan etc. who were taken soon after, but we easily could have had Nick Winmar (2 games), Anthony Long (0), Joel Houghton (0) or Ayden Kennedy (0) games as well who were taken soon after.

2014 will prove to be a pretty deep draft so Hamilton a bit dodgy there, virtually every one of the next 15-20 picks was better than the Hamilton one. Fuller pick on principle I'd make that pick every time, very solid mature-age footballer who was more often injured than he was fit at his time at the Dogs. Given the philosophy behind making that pick, I can't fault that.

I wonder if we'll ever have a crack at an Irish rookie. I see that Hawthorn have a fella from Derry debuting this week. The Northern GAA associations must be mightily pissed off at losing their young talent, but the success rate at AFL level suggests that recruiters are getting more skilled at taking the right type of player. It's something we haven't tried yet.
No Bernie Collins love?

I imagine this idea would get quickly rejected, but does anyone see any value in Lachie Hansen, in case of Morris retiring, to act as a KPD who can also swing forward? I think he'd come very cheap, and is a big body with a lot of experience, which we won't have much of if Morris, Murphy and Boyd all finish up.

I've toyed with the idea myself and it's partly why I hope Morris stays on. Hansen I think is too much on the decline for mine. I rated him a couple years back, unfortunately injuries from past seasons has hurt him.

Same. But she temporarily piqued my interest in the Break Up... then convinced me in Horrible Bosses and We're the Millers.

It probably says a number of things about me that I wasn't really into her until she played a sex addict and a stripper.
Don't feel bad. I only started finding Jennifer Lawrence and Margot Robbie attractive once they played crazy people in Silver Linings Playbook and Suicide Squad respectively. I have a type....

Tutt wasn't an awful pick in the context of a relatively shallow draft in hindsight after about pick 35. Only 14 players (counting Josh Thomas who will get there in time) has ended up playing more AFL games than him. Of course, we could have had Gawn, Astbury, Macmillan etc. who were taken soon after, but we easily could have had Nick Winmar (2 games), Anthony Long (0), Joel Houghton (0) or Ayden Kennedy (0) games as well who were taken soon after.

2014 will prove to be a pretty deep draft so Hamilton a bit dodgy there, virtually every one of the next 15-20 picks was better than the Hamilton one. Fuller pick on principle I'd make that pick every time, very solid mature-age footballer who was more often injured than he was fit at his time at the Dogs. Given the philosophy behind making that pick, I can't fault that.

2014 is a bit of a shit-show between picks 10 and 40. Toby McLean is arguably the best player in that range after Lever & Heeney.

Would have liked McDonald or McGovern instead of Hamilton, but he picked Daniel, Dale and Cordy with the next 3.

3 very solid premiership players, another best 22 player that has just come on, one question mark and one miss is a great draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back