Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help laughing how so many posters on here are happily pushing that we should/must pay overs both in pay and trade price/picks for almost every player suggested as possibly available. We appear to have done exactly this once before [Boyd], only to have so many on here scream blue murder over how foolish this was. Why is there so much difference between pre-trade and hind sight attitudes ? I'm personally hoping Power is a significantly better trade negotiator than his predecessor was. If opposition clubs put excessive prices on trades for their players, just walk away. In my opinion the only player supposedly available for trade who comes even close to being worth 2 firsts [and even then I'd say not including a top ten ], and even then it is marginal. If mediocre to good [ as distinct from great or champions] get excessive trade prices the inflation effect will ultimately mess up lists and equalisation.

Haters about to discuss our list on Trade Radio :).

Edit : barely spoke about us.

On your recommendation*, I tuned into it just as I heard Barrett say "we could spend 5 hours talking about whats going on there..." and I was like please do, only to find out that he was talking about the Gold Coast.

Its odd that they have a copious amounts of air time to fill but literally spent the rest of the time glossing over each teams needs in around a minute. Switched off.

*I hate you guy now.

This is why Lloydo is clearly the best in the business.

He brings a higher level of insight than any of us one eyed fans could ever hope to achieve. Watching the dogs every week we are just too darn close to see the forrest for the trees sometimes.

Michael Barlow being interviewed now. I wouldn't say no as a depth player, especially with Dahlhaus going out. 35 disposals in round 23.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You didn't like what you saw from Naughton, Richards and Gowers?

Very happy with the two kids but that wasn’t what I was referring to I was referring to the 4 best 22 players someone commented on that in fact didn’t improve us.

I’d prefer to go young and rebuild than bring in best 22 players that aren’t top quality and actually don’t make us any better

But hey let’s keep pinching fringe players from other teams and saying they are great because they are in a bottom best 22 side

Fair enough.

In my opinion the reason we went backwards last year was because senior players missed a lot of games or showed poor form and the pre-season coaching strategies failed us.

Laying blame at the feet of the recruits is a bit ridiculous for mine.

Usually teams that debut a lot of players suffer short term but benefit in coming years.

It remains to be seen of course, but I am hopeful that in years to come we'll look back at the class of '18 as being a bit of a vintage crop.

Prior to 2018, Naughton, Richards, Lipinski, Lynch, Greene, Trengove, Crozier, Schache and Gowers had collectively played 1 game for the club. They played well over 100 games for us and will go on to play many, many more.

Things are never as bad as they seem

I was not blaming the recruits I was just saying that the 4 mature recruits you referred to in fact didn’t really improve us. They may have Helped us hold ground but to call then a success is imo incorrect when we went backwards. Injuries is a weak excuse they didn’t stop us in 2016

I squarely blame the coaches for the last two years and they are also the reason I am positive we will finish bottom 4 in 2019. We will most probably not trade for anyone of any note other than blokes from other clubs that can’t get a game and go with kids in the draft again.

Our list is already worse than this years

A
Very happy with the two kids but that wasn’t what I was referring to I was referring to the 4 best 22 players someone commented on that in fact didn’t improve us.

I’d prefer to go young and rebuild than bring in best 22 players that aren’t top quality and actually don’t make us any better

But hey let’s keep pinching fringe players from other teams and saying they are great because they are in a bottom best 22 side

Agree we should be patient and try and draft three really good 200 game players. Will probably finish 13 th again but so what?

Happy to let Geelong, Hawks, North keep topping up on 24-27 year olds so that they can fight out 8 th place for the next five years.

Barlow's not for us. Slow and turns the ball over. He'd be ok somewhere like Carlton to take a bit of the load off Cripps
You mean exactly like Dunkley? Why can't someone like Barlow take the load off our good mids?
Our midfield numbers are still way off 2016, and there are no good rucks available with Lycett going to Port. Rookie pick on Barlow seems fine to me.

You mean exactly like Dunkley? Why can't someone like Barlow take the load off our good mids?
Our midfield numbers are still way off 2016, and there are no good rucks available with Lycett going to Port. Rookie pick on Barlow seems fine to me.
I just think we have a few similar to him but a lot younger. More slowish average skilled mids are not the way forward for us in my opinion

Cool. We'll take De Goey.

I'm over Adams. He can go.
Dahlhaus compo + Adams for Collingwood's first pick sounds about right.

Won't do us much good if West is taken before that pick, all the more reason to on-trade it.

Mitch Cleary on Trade Radio saying Marcus Adams wants to go to Collingwood.

Could be good for both us and the Pies.

I would get a good pick and go for Findlayson.

Or try and draft Ben King or even BaileyWilliams ( the other one). Knight mare had him outside top 20- if he does we should try and get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back