Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still can’t find a player for us to flip our Dahlhaus compensation for.

Any suggestions?

If none, I’d prefer we traded it for a 2019 pick, rather than take it to the draft.

Moore?

Would be a decent CHB. Particularly IF we either lose Adams or play him forward.

Duggan could be another one. Might be happy enough to come home after winning a flag at WC. WC may need more picks to get T Kelly from Geelong.

Moore?

Would be a decent CHB. Particularly IF we either lose Adams or play him forward.

Duggan could be another one. Might be happy enough to come home after winning a flag at WC. WC may need more picks to get T Kelly from Geelong.

Pretty unlikely the compo pick could land Moore without throwing a Bailey in the mix.

Pretty underwhelmed by most of the names bandied around here. Hopefully Power is earning his pay and has something in the works greater than a Richmond VFL player.

Dahlhaus compo + pick 6
=
Picks 9 & 10 OR whatever the Power end up with to get them ahead of Crows in the draft.
According to Cal Twomey, this year's draft ahs the Super 7 or borderline elite 8 so no, I would not want picks 9 and 10 in return for pick 7 and dal compo pick.

According to Cal Twomey, this year's draft ahs the Super 7 or borderline elite 8 so no, I would not want picks 9 and 10 in return for pick 7 and dal compo pick.
Walsh
Lukosius
Smith
King
King
Rankine
Rozee

Those are the clear top 7 right now. The swans academy player would be in there too but he’ll get to the swans

Keep an eye out for Campbell to Gold Coast and Roughie re-signing on one year deal with second year as VFL,VFLW and AFLW coach
Roughy’s situation must have changed in the past couple of weeks. My mail was he had pretty much reached an agreement with the Eagles.

Walsh
Lukosius
Smith
King
King
Rankine
Rozee

Those are the clear top 7 right now. The swans academy player would be in there too but he’ll get to the swans

According to Twomey, Blakey is part of the super 7. Rozee would make it the elite 8 just not quite super 7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's ******* stupid. No draft in history has ever produced superstars in the top 7 or 8 and the rest have been duds.

Last year was ment to be shit, yet there was many good gets as the draft went on.

Always there some kind of statement for the draft, this one big, this ones weak, but they are what the clubs make of thier talent.

That's ******* stupid. No draft in history has ever produced superstars in the top 7 or 8 and the rest have been duds.
Every draft watcher has the same top 8 and from there opinions vary widely so there does seem to be a pretty clear top group.

Obviously not all top 8 will be stars and every one after duds but the reality is a clear top 8 this year.

Dahlhaus compo + pick 6
=
Picks 9 & 10 OR whatever the Power end up with to get them ahead of Crows in the draft.
reckon that would end up being 7 & 26 for 10 & 11. Don't mind this, may have to give Port steak knives but equally may not

Roughy’s situation must have changed in the past couple of weeks. My mail was he had pretty much reached an agreement with the Eagles.

Maybe a short-term contract with no guaranteed career path doesn't seem as attractive as staying in your home state with a pathway into coaching? He's a switched on young man, would be surprised if he doesn't have long-term goals mapped out.

The job of our list manager
To clarify I think he's well under AFL standard. Hawthorn's remarkable system and player development have eked a lot of improvement out of him along with a handful of really good games - but even they haven't managed to turn him into a consistently serviceable contributor at either end of the ground. I think he's a liability most of the time and he hasn't looked capable of changing that at any real stage of his career for mine.

Yes, he does have athleticism and pretty good hands - but it's a no from me.

For the love of God, what ever we do with pick 7, can it please result in us picking up some genuine natural AFL-level forward talent. I don't question the club for trading Stringer at all but we nonetheless need to replace his talent and dangerousness in the F50

I'll call it now, the consensus top 7 won't be the actual top 7 on draft night. People rarely get the draft order anywhere near correct, and there will almost certainly be a bunch of surprises on the night. No one expected Bont to be taken at pick 4, and no one expected Wil Powell to get taken last year so early. In fact, there were some phantom drafts that didn't even have him taken in the main draft, yet he got taken in the first round.
If we had the chance to trade Pick 6 + Dahl compo for picks 9+10, I'd hope we at least consider it

Surely we need another key forward mate? We were short this year, and redpath is obviously gone.

I’m not sold on obrien, but interested in what he’s worth (clearly bugger all from the reaction here).

I’m not keen on buzza
We do for sure. No doubt about it. Need one that is or has the chance to be AFL standard though and I personally gave up on O'Brien quite some time ago. Very limited alternatives though, I admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back