Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unpopular opinion but I’d be taking all picks to the draft. IF we can nail this draft, in 3-4 years we won’t be worrying about who we didn’t pick up in this off season.

Agree to an extent. If quality and/or needs are available - then trade a pick or two. But don’t waste them. The risk is losing more experience (Dahl is one) and replacing it with kids. We were already one of the youngest, least experienced sides last year.

Unpopular opinion but I’d be taking all picks to the draft. IF we can nail this draft, in 3-4 years we won’t be worrying about who we didn’t pick up in this off season.
Yes too a point but sooner or later you need to add a bit of cream to our list, who would you say at the moment has been our most prolific trade from another club since beveridge was coach, suckling, crozier, trengove, schache, boyd, great solid best 22 players who play their role but surely we need to get a player that will sell memberships and get us all excited. we would have cap space for this to happen so is it maybe paying bonts next salary which could be a hefty contract that we are saving it for otherwise i just dont understand what our club is waiting for

Yes too a point but sooner or later you need to add a bit of cream to our list, who would you say at the moment has been our most prolific trade from another club since beveridge was coach, suckling, crozier, trengove, schache, boyd, great solid best 22 players who play their role but surely we need to get a player that will sell memberships and get us all excited. we would have cap space for this to happen so is it maybe paying bonts next salary which could be a hefty contract that we are saving it for otherwise i just dont understand what our club is waiting for

Didn't you watch Richards, English, Naughton and Schache this year? In 3-4 years they will all sell memberships. And that guy who wears number 4 is pretty watchable too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has signed a one year deal, will be announced in next couple of days. Is at the Charles Sutton Medal sitting on a table with Biggsy.
“Has” indicates past tense. I’m happy waiting but am bemused as to why there would be a delay in announcing it. It’s not as if they’ve released much and wanted to keep our name in the headlines. Strange days indeed.

Didn't you watch Richards, English, Naughton and Schache this year? In 3-4 years they will all sell memberships. And that guy who wears number 4 is pretty watchable too.
i'm more than happy with the kids progress but we need to balance our age profile a bit as well, everyone wouldn't mind if we poached josh kelly for arguements sake

With West & Khamis we know what we are getting from these two, but we have more than enough kids. We need quality players & our first this year and next year should both be on the table for a gun or two

“Has” indicates past tense. I’m happy waiting but am bemused as to why there would be a delay in announcing it. It’s not as if they’ve released much and wanted to keep our name in the headlines. Strange days indeed.

He only arrived back in the country today. Has agreed to terms but just hasn’t put pen to paper.

Pretty sure Boyd helped sell a few memberships prior to 2017 season . Appreciate it wasn’t instant but he had us salvitatimg after the GF.
Also I was under the beliefs memberships were for those who could afford to support their club and not just for the gravy train.

i'm more than happy with the kids progress but we need to balance our age profile a bit as well, everyone wouldn't mind if we poached josh kelly for arguements sake

Of course if we can get someone like Kelly, Wingard or Shiel would be great. We don't have to be like Notth or Saints though and through big money at guys like Polec or Hannebery.

Pretty sure Boyd helped sell a few memberships prior to 2017 season . Appreciate it wasn’t instant but he had us salvitatimg after the GF.
Also I was under the beliefs memberships were for those who could afford to support their club and not just for the gravy train.
Fair point not everyone can afford a membership but an elite player would still have you excited about the year to come would it not

Not all the time no i agree but i'm sure Tom Lynch will Sell Richmond a few more memberships just quietly

I doubt his addition will swell the tiggers membership when its already north of 100,000. I will concede that for a club like us he probably would have an impact on membership numbers but that is just a bonus side benefit. The only reasons you bring someone in are to benefit and improve the team; we are trying to build a star team not a team of stars.

Of course if we can get someone like Kelly, Wingard or Shiel would be great. We don't have to be like Notth or Saints though and through big money at guys like Polec or Hannebery.
Thats right it would have to be for an elite talent with runs on the board that fits our age profile but obviously not at the expense of stretching our salary cap and pushing handy players out of the club at the same time

I doubt his addition will swell the tiggers membership when its already north of 100,000. I will concede that for a club like us he probably would have an impact on membership numbers but that is just a bonus side benefit. The only reasons you bring someone in are to benefit and improve the team; we are trying to build a star team not a team of stars.
Yes and that is why bringing in a bloke like Sam Lloyd and people canning him before he has even had a chance to prove himself annoys me, i am a bit 50/50 with recruiting him in the first place but i'm happy to give the guy 12 months to show what he can bring to the club and then pass judgement

Yes and that is why bringing in a bloke like Sam Lloyd and people canning him before he has even had a chance to prove himself annoys me, i am a bit 50/50 with recruiting him in the first place but i'm happy to give the guy 12 months to show what he can bring to the club and then pass judgement
Bevo wanted gowers, reject from shambles carlton... turns out Bevo knew more then Carlton (and Dary). Bevo wanted Crozier, a nobody at middling freo, turns out Bevo knew how to unleash what Lyon had leashed. I reckon if bevo thinks he can get something out of Lloyd the Tigers couldn't, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt, I may even be a touch excited to see what he sees, given recent history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back