Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingard finished 6th in the Cahill Medal (B&F) tonight. Polec 5th.

179 - Westhoff
162 - Wines, Jonas
152 - R.Gray
151 - Polec
143 - Wingard
139 - Byrne-Jones
131 - Houston
126 - Boak
110 - Clurey

Would be nice if we can get him but high publicity trades don't deliver nearly as often as people think. We usually remember the big successes (eg Gunston, Burgoyne) but forget the large number of failures and so-so performers. For example in the same medal count Rockliff came 12th, Motlop 13th, Watts 21st.

JJ isn’t going anywhere, nothing to worry about. Just people trying to start a trade rumour from reddit.

I know he isn't going anywhere just saying that more twitter bullshit. Expect two weeks of this crap

Wingard finished 6th in the Cahill Medal (B&F) tonight. Polec 5th.

179 - Westhoff
162 - Wines, Jonas
152 - R.Gray
151 - Polec
143 - Wingard
139 - Byrne-Jones
131 - Houston
126 - Boak
110 - Clurey

Would be nice if we can get him but high publicity trades don't deliver nearly as often as people think. We usually remember the big successes (eg Gunston, Burgoyne) but forget the large number of failures and so-so performers. For example in the same medal count Rockliff came 12th, Motlop 13th, Watts 21st.
He won't be happy with 6th most trigger clauses on B&F placing start at 5th place lost some cash tonight did The Chad

Pretty sure you can go outside that if you get AFL permission. Given how young our list is I can't see why it'd be refused.

Just need to use 2 first rounds in a four year period. We used 2 last year so we can trade out this years and the next two. By then I expect the afl to have changed the rules again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 called and they want their rumour back
Hey I know it crap just saying this is what we dealing with on twitter earlier today was Macrae to Syd now JJ to freo. Although untrue I am sure Barrett and his little muppet mate Noclure will be trying to make something out of it

Hey I know it crap just saying this is what we dealing with on twitter earlier today was Macrae to Syd now JJ to freo. Although untrue I am sure Barrett and his little muppet mate Noclure will be trying to make something out of it

Lets start a Bontempelli to St Kilda rumour. Thatll really get em frothing

Lets start a Bontempelli to St Kilda rumour. Thatll really get em frothing
So
Bont wants out to St Kilda
Macrae off to Sydney
JJ off to Freo
Hunter to the Bombers
Libba to an opium den in in South East Asia
The Shak attack wants back to Brisbane
Wood to GWS
All SA boys to Port
English to WCE

anyone know any more true facts???

So
Macrae off to Sydney
JJ off to Freo
Hunter to the Bombers
Wood to GWS
All SA boys to Port
English to WCE

OH and Honey to remain no one wanted him -

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone tell me why West is going to be so good and is worth a high second round pick or thereabouts?

I know nothing about him, except obviously he is a f\s etc.

Can someone tell me why West is going to be so good and is worth a high second round pick or thereabouts?

I know nothing about him, except obviously he is a f\s etc.
Inside contested beast and a elite small forward that kicks goals

So
Macrae off to Sydney
JJ off to Freo
Hunter to the Bombers
Wood to GWS
All SA boys to Port
English to WCE

Leon has requested a trade to the Norf Cheer Squad
Richmond Cheer Squad has lodged papers for Chicago1 to transfer as an unrestricted free agent
King Harold is being investigated for substance abuse
ScragCity has relinquished his BF account(s) and joined a religious order

Last edited:
Wingard has reportedly lost his shit at his 6th place finish in the Best and Fairest.

Some raw footage has actually emerged of him during his exit interview.

giphy.gif

Just on Wingard, if we give up pick 7 this year, does it almost rule us out of Kelly next year? Given he is worth two first round picks, we won't be able to use the 2020 first round pick? We are not Geelong, so the AFL won't do us any favours. Will have to somehow get another first round pick in next year, or package in a solid player. Not sure if having two first round picks last year will meet the AFL's criteria of X amount of first round picks must be used in X amount of years period? May have to trade up and use a late one this year so we can give up 2020's first round pick.
We will be ok on terms of number of 1st round picks we used 2 last year So if we trade this years 1st and 2019 &2020 would max us out or at worst have to trade for a 1st in 2020

So
Macrae off to Sydney
JJ off to Freo
Hunter to the Bombers
Wood to GWS
All SA boys to Port
English to WCE

Western Bulldogs to relocate to Tassie and be known as the Tassie Devils

Dahl’s Cats interview was telling imo. An inexplicable case of “lost confidence over the last 18 months”? Smoke, fire, etc.

Yeah, he basically said Bob was right.

I'm sure there's some (including one who thankfully has me on ignore) who will still think it's all one giant conspiracy and a smokescreen and it's still all the club's fault. Cos you know, it always is.

Maybe not in terms of wage but trade value easily. Macrae is younger, better, is on a much better trajectory and has 4 years to run on his contract. Wingard is susceptible to fluctuations in form, will be a free agent in 12 months time and his club is open to trading.
It pays to remember that this years Brownlow Medal winner Tom Mitchell was obtained by Hawthorn for pick 14, now guys like
Patrick Dangerfield, Adam Treloar and even a "Big Fish" like Jarod Polec will probably be worth more. It is perception one of
the player involved and his ranking on the sexy man scale and two of the club doing the deal having the ability to see a role
for a player like Tom Mitchell which is far greater than the mere glimpses he was allowed to show at Sydney. Now our team at
the moment is full of maturity stories, players who are having different roles as they mature, Macrae, Dunkley, McLean,
Williams, Lynch, Lipinski and even Crozier and Trengove late in the year. It's funny how Mitch Wallis was told to increase
his ranking on the sexy man scale yet Lachie Hunter and Jack Macrae were not and continued to play as our first line of
defence that connects more to the defence than the forwards. So in conclusion if Macrae was targeted by another club
would they increase his ranking on the sexy mans scale and change his role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back