Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is all this Kelly to the dogs stuff people posting on here coming from? It is just wishful/deluded thinking? Or is their some legitimate traction to the theory?. From everything I have read and seen never has Kelly every been linked to a move to the Dogs.

Mainly wishful thinking but I would be amazed if we hadn’t asked the question. Kelly is going to be the one of the best mids in the comp in the coming years, if not the best mid. Any club would want him on their team.

I think (because we often keep our cards close to our chest, haven’t historically been big players during trade time, and are a smaller club and not very attractive to media discussion) we often get glosses over in terms of who we’re pursuing.

Would be surprised if we didn’t have the interest or the capacity in the cap to have a big crack at him. He’d add a completely different dynamic to our midfield.

Only if he brings his 1st 3 games and not his 2nd 3. I think he’s down the pecking order but still has time on his side. I did want to say he’s still only young but ....
The reason his first three were great was because he was playing loose third man up and then was forced to play on Charlie Dixon and Jon Patton. To me, with his slight frame he seems to be a better Easton wood, jake lever type interceptor.

I've always wondered who he hung out with? When injured (often) he was rarely sighted. There was a rumour early about a fallout with Toyd (I think). Sounds like he wants a fresh start, though we need to not let him go for peanuts. With him 'declaring' his preferred destination - It'll be hard for him to front up for us next year and have the full trust of the group if a deal is unable to be done.

I think it will get done for 22 and some change back the other way.

He came into my work with Moz one night after his first couple of games and their were fairly chummy..

Only if he brings his 1st 3 games and not his 2nd 3. I think he’s down the pecking order but still has time on his side. I did want to say he’s still only young but ....

We not going to be great next year imo so play Naughts and Young together for a year with Moz guiding them.

I’d be playing Cordy forward(you know where he played when we won a flag) and Trengrove and Boyd swapping

I'd honestly love to see Power tell Adams to get ****ed and tell him he's playing next year with us or sitting out. We've been paying him good money for three years to sit on the sidelines and now he wants out. What a ****ing joke. I honestly hope he has a shit career and I've never felt like that about a player, even Griffen. If he wants to leave he can pay us back the last three years salary and Brisbane can give us the equivalent to pick 35 or better.

I'd honestly love to see Power tell Adams to get ****** and tell him he's playing next year with us or sitting out. We've been paying him good money for three years to sit on the sidelines and now he wants out. What a ******* joke. I honestly hope he has a shit career and I've never felt like that about a player, even Griffen. If he wants to leave he can pay us back the last three years salary and Brisbane can give us the equivalent to pick 35 or better.
as posters earlier pointed out, It is pretty stupid to sign a 3 year contract after apparently wanting out... then want out again after a year. that is teenage indecisiveness regarding guitar lessons not professional footballer ffs.

Reckon Adams deal will likely go down
Adams + Pick 42 for Pick 22 and 40

(Unsure what the confirmed changes of the mccarthy deal is)

I’d be staggered if that’s what happens.
Firstly they will be forced to satisfy the neale deal and then we become a consideration.

But we are seriously kidding ourselves if the 40 and 42 comes into play.

22 is enough for Adams - would be surprised if we actually got that without having to give them something back - so why would lions then trade back in third round !?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy **** we must have some cap space.

Wouldn’t shock me if we had up to $2m in space at this point.

Do we look at hombsch (bloody good player) now with Adams on the move??
Gold coast going hard for Hombsch
Reckon thats a lock in

I’d be staggered if that’s what happens.
Firstly they will be forced to satisfy the neale deal and then we become a consideration.

But we are seriously kidding ourselves if the 40 and 42 comes into play.

22 is enough for Adams - would be surprised if we actually got that without having to give them something back - so why would lions then trade back in third round !?!

I agree; the McCarthy deal apparently has them giving up 42 and 60 and getting Geelong's 54 and 57. I reckon we will have to trade our current 44 and get the 54 as part of getting 22.

In draft points this would mean Adams would be worth 27 which is about right.

as posters earlier pointed out, It is pretty stupid to sign a 3 year contract after apparently wanting out... then want out again after a year. that is teenage indecisiveness regarding guitar lessons not professional footballer ffs.

No it isn't.

He has a guaranteed salary for 3 years in case of serious injury or something and will still get to Brisbane like he wants to in the off-season. Allows us to get decent currency for him as he's contracted too. How is it stupid?

No it isn't.

He has a guaranteed salary for 3 years in case of serious injury or something and will still get to Brisbane like he wants to in the off-season. Allows us to get decent currency for him as he's contracted too. How is it stupid?

This.

Player gets security. Team controls any trade. Win/win.

Now that the North Melbourne Football Club aren't getting Gaff, it seems like they would put pressure to get Kelly this season

Can anybody see us getting wingard and Kelly during this trade?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Wingard would take pick 7 this year, Kelly would need 2 first round picks so we’d have to trade for another one this season & give up next years unless he says he wants out and we can package up Roughead, the Dahl & Adams picks and next years first.

Go into deficit next year to get West & Khamis, any draft picks apart from rookie upgrades targeting mature VFL bodies such as a FB replacement for Adams and a goal kicking forward similar to what Liam Ryan was. Deficit wouldn’t be a problem as we could mould our squad this year to how we want it

Where is all this Kelly to the dogs stuff people posting on here coming from? It is just wishful/deluded thinking? Or is their some legitimate traction to the theory?. From everything I have read and seen never has Kelly every been linked to a move to the Dogs.
Wishful thinking. Chill

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back