Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't imagine Gunston comes cheap, but possibly cheaper than regular market value if we can help Hawks make room for their targets.

Haven't got approval to post this yet from some of the apparent overlords of this forum, but a hypothetical trade might be:

Pick 9 + Pick 41 + Pick 43 + Pick 45
<-->
Gunston + Smith + Pick 25

This gives the Hawks a ton of extra draft points to help match Maginness, while also giving them two firsts to play with. If rumours are to be believed, they are pretty keen on getting Noah Anderson in the draft, so this could mean they can trade with Melbourne:

Pick 7 + Pick 9 + Pick 41 <--> Pick 2 + Pick 20

This means Melbourne gets currency to trade for Brad Hill (if that happens) plus still remain in the top 10 of the draft. Hawks get to bring in Cogs, draft Anderson while having more than enough points to match an early bird on Maginness.

Dogs get to keep two second rounders while bringing in Smith and Gunston. Wins all around :)

Won't happen, but feel like it's mutually beneficial for all involved
Do ya recon we could swap out Pick 9 2019 with FRP 2020, still gives the hawks currency, plus we have a crack at Fisher McAsey, Especially if he can be a version of Aaron Naughton(lite).
Fisher McAsey down back, Bont in the middle and Aaron Naughton up front could be imposing spine for many years to come...which we really lack.

So yesterday it was Cameron and Today it’s Gunston?

I nominate Josh Kennedy for tomorrow coz there is a D in his last name and there is a D In bullDogs.

Seriously someone put in here that a big name forward wanted to come to the dogs who they refused to name and gave no evidence and it has resulted in 3 days of utter utter cr@p talk lol
I think Gunston is worth discussion. Hawthorn have certainly shown they are more than happy to move on players to free up list spots and create cap space for younger players they want for the future.

It's certainly not something worth getting your knickers in a knot about.

Do ya recon we could swap out Pick 9 2019 with FRP 2020, still gives the hawks currency, plus we have a crack at Fisher McAsey, Especially if he can be a version of Aaron Naughton(lite).
Fisher McAsey down back, Bont in the middle and Aaron Naughton up front could be imposing spine for many years to come...which we really lack.
Would be a harder sell tbh, and would theoretically mean we'd have to pay more (like not get their 2nd back). I'd much rather make it next year's first because I'm really keen on drafting McAsey

So yesterday it was Cameron and Today it’s Gunston?

I nominate Josh Kennedy for tomorrow coz there is a D in his last name and there is a D In bullDogs.

Seriously someone put in here that a big name forward wanted to come to the dogs who they refused to name and gave no evidence and it has resulted in 3 days of utter utter cr@p talk lol
I know this may come as a shock, but brace yourself
You don't have to read any of it

Insane, I know

Don't imagine Gunston comes cheap, but possibly cheaper than regular market value if we can help Hawks make room for their targets.

Haven't got approval to post this yet from some of the apparent overlords of this forum, but a hypothetical trade might be:

Pick 9 + Pick 41 + Pick 43 + Pick 45
<-->
Gunston + Smith + Pick 25

This gives the Hawks a ton of extra draft points to help match Maginness, while also giving them two firsts to play with. If rumours are to be believed, they are pretty keen on getting Noah Anderson in the draft, so this could mean they can trade with Melbourne:

Pick 7 + Pick 9 + Pick 41 <--> Pick 2 + Pick 20

This means Melbourne gets currency to trade for Brad Hill (if that happens) plus still remain in the top 10 of the draft. Hawks get to bring in Cogs, draft Anderson while having more than enough points to match an early bird on Maginness.

Dogs get to keep two second rounders while bringing in Smith and Gunston. Wins all around :)

Won't happen, but feel like it's mutually beneficial for all involved
Hypothetical approved. :whitecheck:

We're all underlords here, VD.

Not that it means anything at all, but Gunston is best mates with Suckling & Duryea. If he really thinks that the Hawks won't be contending for a while, then we would be a pretty attractive destination with our list demographic, cap space and connections already here.

Gunston will be 28 at the start of next season. I don't want to trade a first rounder for a player of his age, ditto Keath.

Re the Saints article, what's a fair trade for Bruce or Membrey?

Gunston will be 28 at the start of next season. I don't want to trade a first rounder for a player of his age, ditto Keath.

Membrey easily costs our first if he was available, and I wouldn't hesitate to pay it

Bruce would cost an early second, or late first at most. Alternatively, if those rumours about McLean being on the trade table were true, a straight swap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks and Bulldogs have a decent relationship so unless its a package of multiple players, we could get away with a Second Rounder + Future Pick (3rd rounder)

Membrey easily costs our first if he was available, and I wouldn't hesitate to pay it

Bruce would cost an early second, or late first at most. Alternatively, if those rumours about McLean being on the trade table were true, a straight swap
A first rounder would be some turnaround in fortunes for Membrey.

I remember thinking he'd be a handy pick-up when he slipped a long way down the draft in 2012. Unfortunately he didn't quite last until our next available pick (#50, Josh Prudden - our earlier pick #21 was used on Hrovat and pick#49 was needed for Hunter after Norf made a bid). The Swans got him at #46. Two years later St Kilda picked him up as a DFA.

I know he's done well at St Kilda - his goal kicking average beats anybody on our list - but at 25 there are much better uses for a first rounder IMO.

I'd readily swap McLean for him but that's all ... ummm .... fantasy, really.

It must be incredible seeing people discuss list hypotheticals on a list management board

Talk about hypotheticals all you want but that’s not what’s being discussed is it so ......

Anyway I’m off to visit the wizard seeing we are in Oz now :)

Enjoy

I remember thinking he'd be a handy pick-up when he slipped a long way down the draft in 2012. Unfortunately he didn't quite last until our next available pick (#50, Josh Prudden - our earlier pick #21 was used on Hrovat and pick#49 was needed for Hunter after Norf made a bid). The Swans got him at #46. Two years later St Kilda picked him up as a DFA.

I know he's done well at St Kilda - his goal kicking average beats anybody on our list - but at 25 there are much better uses for a first rounder IMO.

My reason for rating him so high is that he's among the best medium forwards in the competition, essentially playing as an extra tall, is 25, and currently 8th in the Coleman. I'd happily pay the price, even if it's arguably overs

I would want to keep our first round draft pick for McAsey , and go for Gunston, membey / Bruce with later trade. Also pick up another FA key back to help as who knows what is going on with dale Morris. I do like idea of roughy ( hawthorn variety ) coming onto coaching staff as a forwards coach for vfl and afl team.

Talk about hypotheticals all you want but that’s not what’s being discussed is it so ......

Anyway I’m off to visit the wizard seeing we are in Oz now :)

Enjoy
Sometimes I genuinely can't decipher what you're on about tbh

Not sure how any of what's been discussed is any more than a hypothetical since we're not in trade period

Why have we not been linked to Papley? Behind a KPD, I feel like a player of his qualities should be exactly what we need in our forward line.

Why have we not been linked to Papley? Behind a KPD, I feel like a player of his qualities should be exactly what we need in our forward line.

Papley bleeds red and white and has decent lineage via grandfathers on both sides. He stays and will be in the leadership team next season.

I don't mind Sam Gray as a small forward, but not convinced he's better than Lloyd.

Still...we're in decent need of some silk on the outside and danger around goal. We have to go all out on a Hill offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back