Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Naughton's age Bruce had taken 7 contested marks that season. Moving Naughton back to fit in Bruce is short sighted to the extreme. In 4 years time Bruce will be on the wrong side of 30 while Naughton probably won't have even reached his peak yet. I'd much rather have Naughton learning how to dominant games up forward over those 4 years then have him in defence and then have a key forward problem all over again. Now if we're arguing if Bruce pushes Schache out of the side, or if Naughton is unhappy forward and we're worried it'll affect his football then I can see the debate. And I do want Bruce in our side btw, but Naughton shouldn't be going back.

As for the idea that we need Naughton in defence, I'll just point out that Richmond's defence is looking as good as ever without Rance. The difference between above average and elite defenders is not nearly as important as that distinction is with forwards.
Nailed it

Often 1, 2 and 3

Also, if he received 10% of the blatant frees he should’ve he kicks 50 this year. Incredible talent.

How the **** did he not receive a free when Talia tackled him to the ground on the weekend.

Dude gets the opposite of Ben Brown treatment.

Aaron needs to pretend he is an aeroplane and he’d probably get more frees.

How the **** did he not receive a free when Talia tackled him to the ground on the weekend.

Will get the rub of the green soon when the superstar tag is applied by the media and gil

Will get the rub of the green soon when the superstar tag is applied by the media and gil

If we had another aerial threat in the forward line (which we currently dont), he probably wouldnt have about 3 opposition defenders blocking him from jumping too.

Personally believe Bruce would make him more dangerous than he is right now.

If we had another aerial threat in the forward line (which we currently dont), he probably wouldnt have about 3 opposition defenders blocking him from jumping too.

Personally believe Bruce would make him more dangerous than he is right now.
I'm on board with Bruce I'm not on board with moving Aaron back or dropping schache

Our worst patch of the season came from rounds 3 - 6. And Schache went completely off the boil. We lost all 4 games.

Round 3 (Goal Coast Suns, 3 point loss) - 7 Disposals, No goals
Round 4 (Collingwood, 14 point loss) - 4 Disposals, No goals

Schache was then dropped and we got mauled by Carlton and beaten by Fremantle. Naughton didnt kick a goal in those 2 rounds. Not only was Naughton copping about 2 -3 defenders who constantly got away with holding him (Hamling in particular), but also we didnt pick another KPF. He was by himself.

Don't believe we can risk this. It almost put our season to bed.

Yeah probably needs to squawk and throw his arms up at every contest like big Benny

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tend to agree, buy not sure Dickson, Lloyd and Dale can all play around them. Interesting times.

Dale has great speed and can give run down pressure so he can certainly fit. I get your thinking though, with 3 talls you need smalls to provide pressure.

Dicksons 31 so how much left does he have. Also Lloyd is 29 will be 30 next year. Hes not really a 5 year option.

Someone like Cavarra might get priority as he has pace and pressure in spades.

Something that needs to be taken in account for players that are linked to us.

Is don't compare their overall season since Bevo has the ability to unlock potential in players that appeared to be on their way out or just a one trick poney
Bevo's ability to unlock potential is exactly why I would take a punt on Ben McKay. Norf have stuck with what they have had for too long and not exposed him enough.
Think that he could definitely be a buy low KPD for the gorilla forwards. Would mean risking the sh!t brother curse but for a 3rd I would take a ping at the stumps and hope it comes off

Actually 9 is the correct number.

Schache came back into the side pretty well after a 10 week layoff, then had a slightly quiet patch, then another good return to form up to this day.
Even though he's in decent scoring form right now, he's still not sticking his marks. I reserve doubts a 200cm player can sustain consistency as a forward at AFL level without being an above-average mark, and let's face it, he's not a good ruck option at all.

Of course, I hope he beefs up more in the pre-season and comes good, but as of right now, should Bruce join us, he likely takes Schache's spot in the team.

Bev's coaching has got better this season as it has gone on. Obviously moving Dunks back into the middle was a great start, but I think the balance has been better. First half of the season we played one tall forward on occasions and too many inside mids. Maybe form and injuries have dictated it but the balance of talls, actual forwards, inside mid rotations, outside runners is spot on.

We have the best inside mid trio in the league, so why did we pick too many inside mids who spill out onto the flanks and wings. Not much could be done in regards to the tall forward depth (which is too thin), but even still Cordy was moved forward to cover for Schache when he had his concussion. Smart moves like that paying dividends.

Bev's got better at picking the best balanced side rather than the best 22 names available which he has done in the past.

Our worst patch of the season came from rounds 3 - 6. And Schache went completely off the boil. We lost all 4 games.

Round 3 (Goal Coast Suns, 3 point loss) - 7 Disposals, No goals
Round 4 (Collingwood, 14 point loss) - 4 Disposals, No goals

Schache was then dropped and we got mauled by Carlton and beaten by Fremantle. Naughton didnt kick a goal in those 2 rounds. Not only was Naughton copping about 2 -3 defenders who constantly got away with holding him (Hamling in particular), but also we didnt pick another KPF. He was by himself.

Don't believe we can risk this. It almost put our season to bed.

What about when beveridge declared we were going to fix our key forward woes in the mid-season draft.......and all he had up his sleeve was Ryan Gardner.

They threw him straight in as the saviour and he had all of 12 possessions in 2 games (including 3 against the might of Carlton) before getting binned.

That’s seriously one of the most unexplainable periods in Beveridge’s history. Amazing how wrong they got it.

What about when beveridge declared we were going to fix our key forward woes in the mid-season draft.......and all he had up his sleeve was Ryan Gardner.

They threw him straight in as the saviour and he had all of 12 possessions in 2 games (including 3 against the might of Carlton) before getting binned.

That’s seriously one of the most unexplainable periods in Beveridge’s history. Amazing how wrong they got it.

Yep I certainly agree it was bad. Cordy should obviously have been pushed forward and replaced down back.

Bev should probably leave list management to the list managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back