Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching Ed Langdon closely all year as he's in my supercoach draft team. Dude has a huge engine. He is like a Gaff but with average to ok kicking. Still, would be a good get but again, we have an excess of type.

Freo do have a glut of keybacks though. Duman, Logue, Hamling and Pearce. Anyone of those 4 might be worth a look in.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've been watching Ed Langdon closely all year as he's in my supercoach draft team. Dude has a huge engine. He is like a Gaff but with average to ok kicking. Still, would be a good get but again, we have an excess of type.

Freo do have a glut of keybacks though. Duman, Logue, Hamling and Pearce. Anyone of those 4 might be worth a look in.

Pearce re-signed this week, literally just before the Lyon sacking news.
You say we have an excess of his type and yet we’re playing Hayes on the wing. Who are the others of his type? The club does seem to be looking for another wing.

Rabbie Tarrant, Daw, Nielson.

Ben McKay has been taking contested marks in the VFL. To me he definitely has talent to work with. Marcus Adams just had a cracking game for Brisbane so if we traded in someone who can play to that level we'd be doing cartwheels.

Durdin is being groomed to take Thompsons slot in the backline.

Last edited:
Saints with talls are like us with mids. They are being linked with a lot of names this year, so it sounds like they're interested in trading out that early pick of theirs. Between Crouch and Hill, their 1st rounder already isn't enough, and they don't hold a 2nd or 3rd. They're going to need to trade something out to make these deals happen, and I'd be more than happy if we sent a few picks their way in exchange for Membrey
He would be ideal for us. Wanted him when he was leaving Sydney.

Well that’s a flat out lie. Since when has Morris or Cordy ever been high possession getters?

I said prefers. Doesn’t mean exclusively. The challenge with team based defence is having too many low possession getters - it tends to break down. A backline with Cordy, Roberts, Hamling, Morris and two high defenders won’t work because no of those players are high possession getters save for the high defenders.

Morris’ output is often immeasurable because of his leadership. Can’t say that about the others as much.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The same Marcus Adams that was arguably BOG on the weekend and has shown a lot since joining Brisbane?

Change of environment can work wonders :)

High possession defender which is the model Bevo seems to prefer. Alas it didn’t work out for whatever reason, doesn’t mean it wasn’t without risk for Brisbane.

Either way, the club better do it’s due diligence lest we end up with another Chris Yarran by way of example

NO

There it is

I don't see the hype for mcasey that others do. Yes he is the best key defender in the draft. But this year is extremely thin in that area, if he was a year older for example I can't see him being in the conversation for the first round maybe falling somewhere in the second.
Isn't this what many people were saying about the kid we took in the 2017 draft? All these glamour Victorian midfielders were the talk of the town, getting all the hype: Cameron Rayner, Adam Cerra, Andrew Brayshaw, Luke Davies-Uniacke, Jaidyn Stephenson, etc... and we got stuck with the best of the key-position crop, that tall defender from WA with the wonky kicking action.

Isn't this what many people were saying about the kid we took in the 2017 draft? All these glamour Victorian midfielders were the talk of the town, getting all the hype: Cameron Rayner, Adam Cerra, Andrew Brayshaw, Luke Davies-Uniacke, Jaidyn Stephenson, etc... and we got stuck with the best of the key-position crop, that tall defender from WA with the wonky kicking action.
Not really. There was alot of talls taken around naughton. Fogarty and brander also in the first round. in the second round went coleman-jones, Allen, balta, Taylor, De koning, mccartin, claverino and petty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is only 19. A full preseason of goal kicking will help. Remember they only decided late on in the pre-season that they would move him forward.

Not really. There was alot of talls taken around naughton. Fogarty and brander also in the first round. in the second round went coleman-jones, Allen, balta, Taylor, De koning, mccartin, claverino and petty
The point is he was the best of the talls in a midfield centric draft.
He is only 19. A full preseason of goal kicking will help. Remember they only decided late on in the pre-season that they would move him forward.
Missing the point completely. My post had nothing to do with Naughton's ability as a player.

Liam Pickering said Moore will be at Collingwood next season on SEN.

Seriously if we can’t get Moore (whose probably a 2% of being in dogs colours) Alex Keath surely is priority.

Not really inspired by names other than Moore or Keath that we have been linked too thus far.

How we get all 3 done is nigh impossible

Agree very hard but Martin and Tippa ain’t going to cost us 1st rounds picks...money wouldn’t be the issue it’s going to be getting the trades done especially with JUH and the rest of the NGA kids in the 2020 draft trading future picks is going to be a tough decision...

Young key defender Ben McKay has struggled to break into the Roos side since being taken in the first round of the 2015 National Draft, only managing four games.

Edmund believes he could also be on the move.

“Ben McKay is the other one. Hearing he’ll look for more opportunity as well,” he said.

“He’s contracted until the end of 2021, so he’s got security, but he’s only played the three games this year. Keep an eye on Ben McKay.”

I read this on the sen page.
Interesting. Any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back