Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jezza is rolled gold. But he's not who I'd chase.

I'd want the second wing spot sorted out first. I'd seriously go hard at Mcluggage ahead of Jezza.

Article just released by the age stating the dogs are holding firm that 32 is enough for Bruce and that pick 45 or 51 is enough for keath.

Adelaide have tried to argue that they should get what we got for Adams but as the article points out Adams was contracted and a year younger

Doubt we'd even get Jezza anyway. As much as we have cap space, we aren't throwing a million at another key forward. Apparently Cats and Hawks are setting up to take shot at him as well. Seems he would pick a team like them ahead of us not matter what we offer, he seems like that type who'd chase one of the "big" clubs.

I wonder if our "interest" in B.King has been leaked as part of our shenanigans over Bruce with St Kilda. If you don't trade us Bruce, we'll be after B.King...

Given their relative price tags at the trade table, the fact we've got Naughton (and JU-H) and our aim to bring in experienced talls, I'd say Bruce is the better fit for our list.

On moto g(6) play using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doubt we'd even get Jezza anyway. As much as we have cap space, we aren't throwing a million at another key forward. Apparently Cats and Hawks are setting up to take shot at him as well. Seems he would pick a team like them ahead of us not matter what we offer, he seems like that type who'd chase one of the "big" clubs.

Off to Hawks.
Patton got to choose which team and Geewrong weren’t interested.

Article just released by the age stating the dogs are holding firm that 32 is enough for Bruce and that pick 45 or 51 is enough for keath.

Adelaide have tried to argue that they should get what we got for Adams but as the article points out Adams was contracted and a year younger

Like I was saying on the Adelaide board, situation with Keath and Greenwood is a little different. They’re not Free Agents, they’re just uncontracted, It’s not a ‘choose to match our contract offer right now, or he goes’ scenario, Crows still have the ability to up their contract length of the right value trade doesn’t work out.

Both Keath and Greenwood were satisfied with the $$ offers they got, it was only the length of contract that was the sticking point (this is actual verifiable info, not BF heresay) Some of the players who’ve left this year were either getting on too old, or were disgruntled, neither of these two lads were.

A lot of Crows supporters on our page are happy for Reid to go back to both those boys and offer them the extra year and a few extra $$ if the right trade can’t be sorted by close of business Wednesday, seeing as our cap space will be freed up by a few million either way.

We waited a year too late for for Gibbs and still coughed up 2 x 1st rounders for a 29 year old!. Keath is late to the game so should still have 4-5 good years in him. P50 is way off the mark, and I have a feeling both parties aren’t going to get this one done. Saints might also be holding you for random with Bruce for one of our higher picks in the 20’s instead of your 30’s, especially if they need to give up a higher pick for one of these players that have nominated them.

Going to be an interesting few days!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Like I was saying on the Adelaide board, situation with Keath and Greenwood is a little different. They’re not Free Agents, they’re just uncontracted, It’s not a ‘choose to match our contract offer right now, or he goes’ scenario, Crows still have the ability to up their contract length of the right value trade doesn’t work out.

Both Keath and Greenwood were satisfied with the $$ offers they got, it was only the length of contract that was the sticking point (this is actual verifiable info, not BF heresay) Some of the players who’ve left this year were either getting on too old, or were disgruntled, neither of these two lads were.

A lot of Crows supporters on our page are happy for Reid to go back to both those boys and offer them the extra year and a few extra $$ if the right trade can’t be sorted by close of business Wednesday, seeing as our cap space will be freed up by a few million either way.

We waited a year too late for for Gibbs and still coughed up 2 x 1st rounders for a 29 year old!. Keath is late to the game so should still have 4-5 good years in him. P50 is way off the mark, and I have a feeling both parties aren’t going to get this one done. Saints might also be holding you for random with Bruce for one of our higher picks in the 20’s instead of your 30’s, especially if they need to give up a higher pick for one of these players that have nominated them.

Going to be an interesting few days!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Players rarely sign a new contract if they officially request a trade elsewhere. Contracted players have been forced to stay and have played the next year much like Gibbs at Carlton but not uncontracted players. Do you know any uncontracted players that have signed a new deal after officially requesting a trade?

You may have the cap space to up your offer but will he want to stay in the current culture? That camp after 2017 seems to have made the club not a pleasant place to be. Dogs in 2014 had similar culture and even sacking the coach we still lost multiple players, obviously things can turn around quickly but saying we can offer more $$$ doesn’t automatically mean he will stay.

But it will be interesting what happens no doubt both supporter bases are happy their clubs are standing firm.

Pick 45 is entirely unreasonable for Keath for mine.

He’s a proven, mature, athletic, skilled CHB. He’s more in line with pick 32 in my view.

He's far from a proven CHB. He's only ever played as the third tall and he's only had the one good year as it. Two thirds is a very reasonable offer for an uncontracted player.

Tom Browne just said there might be a four way trade between us, St Kilda, Port, and Sydney to get the Ryder, Jones, Howard and Bruce trades done. I don't think these multi-club deals usually go through but it would be fun to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word I’ve heard from someone at a club other than the Saints is that the Saints have had a few different officials making promises to different players to get them to commit, but they’re going to have a really hard time fitting them all in now that they have.

Gubby, Lethlean and Gallagher may have all done a little bit of their own thing.

I wonder if our "interest" in B.King has been leaked as part of our shenanigans over Bruce with St Kilda. If you don't trade us Bruce, we'll be after B.King...

Given their relative price tags at the trade table, the fact we've got Naughton (and JU-H) and our aim to bring in experienced talls, I'd say Bruce is the better fit for our list.

On moto g(6) play using BigFooty.com mobile app
Definitely a bit of posturing from us

Lets see where we're at come Monday/Tuesday

Word I’ve heard from someone at a club other than the Saints is that the Saints have had a few different officials making promises to different players to get them to commit, but they’re going to have a really hard time fitting them all in now that they have.

Gubby, Lethlean and Gallagher may have all done a little bit of their own thing.
Seems to be something that a poorly run club would do. Too many cooks

Would something like:

32 for Keath and Adelaide 2020
3rd

and

45 and Bulldog 2020 2nd for Bruce and St. Kilda 2020 3rd

be fair? That way we’re keeping 13, keeping points we need for next year and giving the Saints a bargaining chip for their various deals.

The age saying we ain’t budging on pick 32 for Bruce and saints want more. Adelaide want more for Keath than 45 as well.

This will get done but we will need to add some sweetneers. Obviously our other 2 3rd will have to go as well.

Good, very good. If the price is too high we do like the shoplifters say:

"just walk away, no more to pay..."

Adams also had a better track record of performance, despite his awful injury history

The 4 way trade was from Tom Browne.. which is how you know it's rubbish:

"Port, Bulldogs, Swans and Saints have been working on a four way deal that’s see Bruce, Howard, Ryder and Jones get to their selected destinations. Daniher deal is delaying that. One source suggesting with the uncertainty, it half fell over late Friday afternoon"

Hedging a bet both ways as normal

I would offer Saints pick 32 plus our last third rounder.

I would offer Adelaide both earlier third rounders.

Unless we can turn the three thirds into a pick earlier than 30, I can’t see any other way.

I’d rather split 13. Draft is pretty even. Just get both players in. If we pay something close to the equivalent of 25 for Bruce, that’s great. Something equivalent to pick 30 for Keath is great too. Do those deals and find a way to take a top 25 pick to draft and that’s a great result.

If the talk about us not willing to trade 13 is just talk I’d understand. I hope we’re not really that serious about it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back