Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see they've added to their 'talent' this year by including noted list management whizz SOS for special comments. Should be thrilling listening🙄
SOS was on with Gary Lyons and Tim Watson a few days ago, actually very good listening. Insightful and has a really good understanding of the inner workings of the trade period.

I see they've added to their 'talent' this year by including noted list management whizz SOS for special comments. Should be thrilling listening

Plenty of anecdotes about luring GWS kids to Carlton, interspersed with cringeworthy cliche “tradie” ads. Awful stuff mate

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

SOS was on with Gary Lyons and Tim Watson a few days ago, actually very good listening. Insightful and has a really good understanding of the inner workings of the trade period.

Dare we say that maybe trade radio might be on the improve then?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There are some long term quality posters on here with a track record of getting good info. Many are in the footy business or close to particular players.

Importantly, it doesn't mean that the info pans out for a number of reasons and it doesn't mean the info was initially incorrect.

Many have stopped posting due to the crap they get from nobodies on here which is extremely disappointing.

Just thought this might be topical atm.

While I see and understand your point, at the end of the day this is a public online forum. Add the anonymity, and the wide cross-section of posters, there would be very few posters who haven’t been involved in at least a robust difference of opinions with other posters. If people share good info that’s great, but given the nature of the forum, if they get challenged, having a sook and stopping posting is as much their loss as the forum’s. My take is, if I state something I know as fact, and people dispute it, who cares? I might take a post or two to defend it, but then move on.

(Of course, I also have a little black book where I note certain posters, and using special algorithms and a general “vibe”, I profile them. So next time at Marvel, I’ll put on my special glasses that interface with my propriety software, and they will be highlighted in the crowd. Just don’t call me Francis!)

Western Bulldogs

Indicative draft picks: 12, 36, 48, 84

Who they're after: The Dogs are keen to get Melbourne's Mitch Hannan back to the club, with the Demons drafting him out of Footscray's VFL system. Hannan has told the Demons of his intention to be traded there. The club has also been scouring the market for a small forward and could also look at a key defender.

Who's on the table: Essendon has made a big play for Josh Dunkley but the Bulldogs are adamant they won't be trading the midfielder. The Dogs' first pick – No.12 overall – is on the table and will be traded as the club looks to secure more draft picks (and hence draft points) to pay for highly touted Academy player Jamarra Ugle-Hagan.

Who's in limbo: There's a few Dogs without deals for next year. Taylor Duryea, Ryan Gardner, Billy Gowers, Matt Suckling, Jackson Trengove and Lin Jong are among the players who are out of contract with the Bulldogs already three weeks into their off-season.

Who's already gone: Tory Dickson

Dream trade period: Hold off the Bombers and keep Dunkley, land Hannan cheaply and then go and pick the best player at the NAB AFL Draft as an Academy selection after topping up on points during the trade period. – Callum Twomey

Western Bulldogs

Indicative draft picks: 12, 36, 48, 84

Who they're after: The Dogs are keen to get Melbourne's Mitch Hannan back to the club, with the Demons drafting him out of Footscray's VFL system. Hannan has told the Demons of his intention to be traded there. The club has also been scouring the market for a small forward and could also look at a key defender.

Who's on the table: Essendon has made a big play for Josh Dunkley but the Bulldogs are adamant they won't be trading the midfielder. The Dogs' first pick – No.12 overall – is on the table and will be traded as the club looks to secure more draft picks (and hence draft points) to pay for highly touted Academy player Jamarra Ugle-Hagan.

Who's in limbo: There's a few Dogs without deals for next year. Taylor Duryea, Ryan Gardner, Billy Gowers, Matt Suckling, Jackson Trengove and Lin Jong are among the players who are out of contract with the Bulldogs already three weeks into their off-season.

Who's already gone: Tory Dickson

Dream trade period: Hold off the Bombers and keep Dunkley, land Hannan cheaply and then go and pick the best player at the NAB AFL Draft as an Academy selection after topping up on points during the trade period. – Callum Twomey

Gee that is unambitious.

Sounds pretty accurate though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those who have been annoyed about our lack of change in the assistant coaches department, Gia is off to Essendon.
Unfortunately it seems like the one that is highly rated has left. I'm more concerned about guys like King & Hansen.

I think Gia took over Joel Corey's role when he was made 'redundant' this year? It might open the door for him to come back but there may be some bad blood. Nonetheless I think one of our biggest issues is our assistant coaching department.

Yeah, was VFL coach from 2019 onwards

Ashley Hansen to be made VFL coach 2021 and ? the new forward coach of 2020 ?

Gia leaving Bulldogs to be Bombers new Forward Line Coach- The Age

Again other clubs arranging their assistants and line coaches and Dogs sitting on their hands.

We need to bring in new assistants this is just as important as trades etc.

Players we currently have on the list can be like new recruits under different line coaches especially our forward line

Again other clubs arranging their assistants and line coaches and Dogs sitting on their hands.

Players we currently have on the list can be like new recruits under different line coaches especially our forward line

There should be plenty of assistants up for grabs!

How are we sitting on our hands here? We're losing Gia (and presumably have known it was coming for a little while at least), because we haven't immediately announced his successor doesn't mean we're just going to leave his position unfilled. For all we know we could even have someone lined up already.

Dean Solomon step right up. I know he’s focusing on building his fitness empire, but PLEASE get in his ear about being senior assistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back