Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have heard similar things regarding Bulldogs hub life, fwiw.

But they weren't the only club with issues.

Well of course you did. Tenisha Crook told the entire ****ing world all about it.

Last edited:

Of course some shit would of happened in the hub. If anyone has been in a footy club before it would be hard to be in a hub let alone with kids and partners. But let’s be honest damian barrett was in our hotel and that mofo would of been sneaking around and probably had some fake pot plants with cameras in them 😂😂 and for him to say we were well behaved I lll take that to the bank then over someone’s story on big footy.

So, there's a lot of negative stuff coming out about our players in the hub. And yet, we still managed to make the 8 and play a final. If I was to take a contrarian view then, if that's what we achieved with so much unprofessionalism and bad behaviour, imagine what we can achieve if we really knuckle down during the off-season. Assuming what we hear is true, it may only be case of reading the riot act to a few players and we could really harness a very tight-knit group for more success next season.

As others have said, I'd be surprised if all clubs didn't have some negative stuff to some degree (a few public ones with COVID breaches, etc). Plus the combination of 40+ young men in a constricted space (no matter how luxurious), with assorted partners, families/kids, club officials, coaches. Even if you're best mates, you can get on each other's nerves living in confinement for extended periods. Hopefully the post-season and a bit of literal and figurative space between team-mates will allow fences to mend, and like you say, harness it for next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t discount all that information as untrue. Have heard some things that would ratify certain parts of that story. No club is perfect, ours included. 45 professional footballers and their included egos don’t always mix well.
100% Dale, ive got very good mail parts of this are definitely true, especially Bruce not carrying himself professionally off field with a few other usual suspects. Yeah it's not the end of the world and a lot of clubs have similar issues, but I was told they were well and truly rocking few weeks out from finals, so I 100% support dunks and the leaders calling them out on this.

By the way the article about Hannan on the WB website sounds we are going to play him permanent forwards. Good move he never looked right when he was put on a wing at Melbourne.
His two best years were 2017 and 2018 when he was averaging over one goal per game. I feel he still has a bit to offer and it's a small price to pay for someone who could potentially play every game for the next four years and average a goal a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back