Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From The Age tonight.
Essendon have rejected a second rounder for Fantasia, they want a first round.
7bcb6eae862c5508bf0c4b5191111e7c.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was the third issue first was midfield time, second offer of the $ and thirdly the issue of standards and professionalism. So not sure it’s a huge factor.

journalists saying this is not a good thing for Josh as leaves him in an awkward situation going forward either way this plays out.

Maybe he should ask Zach Merritt why he was taken out of leadership group.

What you’re saying is right so it makes the choice of Essendon so much more baffling. Is it actually about the coin and other aspects are just cover/negotiating tactics? Would make more sense.

I don’t believe the journos have made this up. They’ve been briefed probably by Dodo and Pickering to try and get the deal done. How much actually reflects Josh’s opinions is another matter entirely.

Either way I really hope we follow the GWS lead and play hard ball.

Hunter gets more out of himself than just about anyone on the list. Drink driving charge is a huge problem but nobody could say he's unprofessional about the way he approaches his footy. Pretty much every player to be traded in over the past few years has made a point about how Hunter runs more than anyone in training and match sims. Libba has his quirks but most players with his knees would have given up by now. He's got heaps of work ethic. I really don't see how anyone that could be considered a leader can be called unprofessional.

Your observations are correct but we don’t know what happens off the track and away from the media gaze.

From The Age tonight.
Essendon have rejected a second rounder for Fantasia, they want a first round.
7bcb6eae862c5508bf0c4b5191111e7c.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Let's face it, a trade won't even happen even if Dunkley wants it too

Going by that theory, should be 2 first-round picks with steak knives

What you’re saying is right so it makes the choice of Essendon so much more baffling. Is it actually about the coin and other aspects are just cover/negotiating tactics? Would make more sense.

I don’t believe the journos have made this up. They’ve been briefed probably by Dodo and Pickering to try and get the deal done. How much actually reflects Josh’s opinions is another matter entirely.

Either way I really hope we follow the GWS lead and play hard ball.

I have maintained that if we are going to deal with Bumbers then we must take Bumbers where they don’t want to go.

You want Josh we want Draper as a start.

Bumbers have set the market with their offer to Josh and what they want for Fantasia.

Was the third issue first was midfield time, second offer of the $ and thirdly the issue of standards and professionalism. So not sure it’s a huge factor.

journalists saying this is not a good thing for Josh as leaves him in an awkward situation going forward either way this plays out.

Maybe he should ask Zach Merritt why he was taken out of leadership group.

Btw...why was Merritt moved from the leadership group? Genuinely don’t know.

Just left the Dees as midfield coach could be a good pick up

Assistant coach Ben Matthews will depart to a rival AFL club,

Last edited:
Btw...why was Merritt moved from the leadership group? Genuinely don’t know.

Had heard that he was setting high standards and expectations reg training and professionalism so was asked to move on. Can’t be 100 % sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In what way was Roughead disruptive? Thats contrary to everything i've ever heard
you’re right, I’m just trying to wedge Roughead into the group of talented players that have been forced out rather than trying to work with them and get them going again. Roughead wasn’t disruptive but just lost his passion for the game and battled injury and form issues before being delisted... he then became a mainstay of Collingwood’s defence

Cav did alright

Lloyd was gowers 2.0 great first season shocking second looks cooked had little impact on games low disposals low goals

Weightman outside a flukey goal in the first game did nothing

Greene hasnt been fit for 2 years

Dale is soft and goes missing to easily

Schache same as Dale

Lonie averages just under a goal a game in a surprisingly good St Kilda fwd line but mainly almost 3 tackles a game outside of Cav none of the ones you named put any pressure on
Cavarra, Lloyd and Dale all average about 2.5 tackles per game. So Lonie is worth a spot because he can lay half a tackle more a game?

If you remove 2015 and 2017 where he tackled heaps, his presssure stats are no better than what we already have.

Don’t get me wrong we need a best 22 small forward but Lonie is not the answer.

Lonie is to Small forward what Gardener is to KPD. We don’t need another whipping boy.

Just let this sink in - Josh Dunkley went up to Bevo at age 19, after a premiership and was concerned about the culture of the club/ the standards of the players - when we had Bob, Morris, Boyd and Picken at the club. Let that SINK IN.

Just let this sink in - Josh Dunkley went up to Bevo at age 19, after a premiership and was concerned about the culture of the club/ the standards of the players - when we had Bob, Morris, Boyd and Picken at the club. Let that SINK IN.

To make it even more astounding was that he was playing a fair bit of VFL at the time. He wasn't even a lock in the best 22.

Watch Pickering ramp up the pressure with leaks to the media to try and get the deal his client wants and money in his own pocket.

If Dunks feels that way about our culture hes basically ****ing on Bev and Bont's legacy.

Training standards, poor culture...would love to see where Dunkley is quoted or actually the clip where it came out of his mouth.
This time of the year is where all the AFL wanna be journalists throw a million darts and hope they get half a story correct.
Tom Brown is just another dart throwing bloke with a rich dad and some mates who let him come on the radio

All of our potential 'ratbags' (let's say Hunter, Libba, Baz, not sure who else) are by all accounts excellent and committed trainers. Particulalry with Stringer being at the Bombers, not to mention the reported issues they've had with a number of players being disgruntled at the club, this doesn't add up (beyond the payday he might receive if he can move across).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back