Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol @ Baz being a "ratbag." First of all, he is deeply religious. From a very conservative family. Doesn't drink. Trains as hard as anyone in the league. Was actually advised by Easton Wood to ease off a bit with his training and strict diet because he was so obsessive about it.
Things change Scrag - I hadn’t punched my first cone until I was 19. Look at me now? I struggle not to piss my pants by 11am each day.

Is there a ruck man out there?

I’m sick of hearing about the media crucifying the club. We need an A Grade ruck man and there appear to be none we can shake outta the trees.

On another note. Jackson Trengove...

Is he even on the list?

He won’t. Essendon will be sitting there seeing if they can put an offer forward that they think we’ll take. If they can put something together they think we’ll like, he’ll ask. Dunks will be looking for assurances that the trade will actually happen.

After last year with Papley and Daniher, I don’t think players will ask without having a fair indication a deal will get done otherwise they set themselves up for a lot of awkward questions.
Spot on

Just let this sink in - Josh Dunkley went up to Bevo at age 19, after a premiership and was concerned about the culture of the club/ the standards of the players - when we had Bob, Morris, Boyd and Picken at the club. Let that SINK IN.

Standards did slip.

Did you see our on field efforts in 2017/18 and first half of 2019?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is there a ruck man out there?

I’m sick of hearing about the media crucifying the club. We need an A Grade ruck man and there appear to be none we can shake outta the trees.

Syndey are trying to get Tom Hickey. Stefan Martin has no contract but really old now.

Not much confirmed out there at lest in the public domain.

I can’t believe the amount of people jumping at shadows over the last 24 hours.
If Dunkley leaves (personally I can’t see any deal that Essendon will offer being better than 2 years of Dunkley) it will purely be for money, and we will get an absolute bonanza
The media is fed things by people with an agenda (i.e. Essendon) or outright make up stories.
There are no other reasons for entertaining an Essendon offer than $$$$$

Barrett might be a campaigner but atleast his whole career isn’t based on listing to the little voices in his head.
Other than the continued campaign against Tom Boyd and his knowledge of the game itself, there is generally a kernel of truth in what Barrett is reporting. I don’t think he makes things up (but he definitely sensationalises things. The Tom Browne / Tom Morris types flat out create stories and then become each other’s sources to perpetuate the myth they’ve created

Other than the continued campaign against Tom Boyd and his knowledge of the game itself, there is generally a kernel of truth in what Barrett is reporting. I don’t think he makes things up (but he definitely sensationalises things. The Tom Browne / Tom Morris types flat out create stories and then become each other’s sources to perpetuate the myth they’ve created
I think the important thing to do with Barrett is seperate his opinion pieces (which are mostly shit) and his news reporting. He’s usually on the money when he reports an actual news story. Obviously he’s gotten a couple wrong, but not many have 100% track records.

tbh the only journo I’d take as gospel when it comes to Essendon is Cal Thomey.

As much as the media are making themselves into clowns as this Dunkley saga drags itself out, the person who is increasingly looking ridiculous is Liam Pickering.

You've got to figure a lot of the tidbits are coming from him and he doesn't have the cojones to put his name to anything.

You'd hope if there were any inaccuracies that paint his client in a poor light, he'd be getting on the front foot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the important thing to do with Barrett is seperate his opinion pieces (which are mostly sh*t) and his news reporting. He’s usually on the money when he reports an actual news story. Obviously he’s gotten a couple wrong, but not many have 100% track records.

tbh the only journo I’d take as gospel when it comes to Essendon is Cal Thomey.
Exactly. Don’t worry about Barrett’s opinion. Concern yourself with his reporting. He’s the best in the business with it, IMO.

As much as the media are making themselves into clowns as this Dunkley saga drags itself out, the person who is increasingly looking ridiculous is Liam Pickering.

You've got to figure a lot of the tidbits are coming from him and he doesn't have the cojones to put his name to anything.

You'd hope if there were any inaccuracies that paint his client in a poor light, he'd be getting on the front foot

The cynic in me is saying that Pickering is trying to push the trade for his own personal gain rather than wanting the best for Dunkley.

On another note. Jackson Trengove...

Is he even on the list?
I beleive he's out of contract highly doubt he will get another

Standards did slip.

Did you see our on field efforts in 2017/18 and first half of 2019?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

and Dunkley signed on mid July 2019.

I would go to the pies and offer our 1st for treloar cox there 2nd and you guys pay 350 of treloar salary this years and next, then wait till they blink

The cynic in me is saying that Pickering is trying to push the trade for his own personal gain rather than wanting the best for Dunkley.

at the very least he is trying to exert some pressure on the club by trying to almost create a situation where Dunkley cant go back.

Journos have done Dunkley no favours with recent commentary on the situation.

The media are baiting the club for a comment.

Exactly. Don’t worry about Barrett’s opinion. Concern yourself with his reporting. He’s the best in the business with it, IMO.
the way he mercilessly pursued Tom Boyd and the Bulldogs when Tom was battling depression and the Bulldogs were trying to help him through it... that will never ever be forgotten or forgiven and he has never apologised. He is a piece of shit

the way he mercilessly pursued Tom Boyd and the Bulldogs when Tom was battling depression and the Bulldogs were trying to help him through it... that will never ever be forgotten or forgiven and he has never apologised. He is a piece of sh*t

and he his an employee of the AFL.

Huge if.....

But IF Dunkley’s comments about the lack of standards and professionalism of some senior players is true then the fact that this has been aired publicly then this may mean that if he stays it will take some effort on the club to smooth some ruffled feathers. I’m not sure how easy this will be. Would have been way easier to come back if you wanted to leave strictly for money.

Pretty Machiavellian but perhaps this was part of a deliberate leak (from Dunkleys management) to push the Dogs toward a trade knowing how difficult a return could be.

Or maybe not. Perhaps it’s all in the fevered imagination of a few journalists.

Either way I hope we push for two firsts from Essendon or tell young Josh to report back to the club for preseason.
I reckon just journos believing the sort of rubbish rumours on BF like the fake texts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back