Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing Stefan Martin was the closest we could get to last year's obvious policy of only chasing players with two first names - Josh Bruce (tick), Alex Kea(i)th (tick), Jack Martin (fail). Exception to that policy is available for players with tenuous links to 1960s/1970s media personalities.

1604987588575.png 1604987766381.png

so we might get Treloar even if dunkley stays huh?

probs the most active ive seen us be in trade period in a while tbh i really like it

Hoping Cox goes to Swans.

That frees up Pies cap room so they can take on more of Treloar's deal.

That means we can then give Pies a draft pick to take on that deal.

We don't need kids and draft picks are meh in the contest of using them to match for JUH.

Get the Pies to pay half the salary, but give them pick 15 in the draft or whatever to do that.

Under Beveridge we have a record of 24 wins and 5 losses when we line up as the older side.

It's a brilliant strategy to bring in a 43yo who will bump up those averages so we're the older side every week and a premiership should now be within reach

We need to target Tom Mitchell, Mitchell Lewis or Rhys Stanley, two first names are where it's at! Or Allir Allir!

We need to target Tom Mitchell, Mitchell Lewis or Rhys Stanley, two first names are where it's at! Or Allir Allir!

Michael Frederick from Freo the obvious next choice.

Surely Beveridge hasn't made that known. If he has then that's incredibly unprofessional by a senior member of the club.

Good players are always going to get offers from other clubs. It's a business after all, if there's no value for us then suck it up and get on with it.

Maybe it means Bevo has been trying to talk with him and straighten things out and Dunks is being less than accommodating?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to Lachie Young.

Think he could turn out to be a good half back but there was little chance he was going to get a chance in that position with us.

Should get opportunities at North and I hope he takes them.
Really looking forward to see his intercept marking, rebound and kicking next year. Something North has previously lacked.

Martin is a shrewd pick-up BTW, even if it is only for a year or two. Absolute bull and competitor until English can be that number one ruck. Quietly building a nice list at the kennel.

Don’t take that to mean Power will move Dunkley for unders by the way.

Beveridge and the bont being pissed is just pushing power to drive a harder bargain if anything.

Dunkley will only be moved for big time overs.

And Treloar only brought in if it’s big time unders.
How does that drive a harder bargain???

Welcome to our board Andrew Dunkley! :D
Strong chance it actually is him. Check his handful of previous posts, not the first time he's come in to bat for Josh.

Strange turn of events.

Hi, just curious to hear how you plan on match Ugle-Hagan without pick 14?

We are not in a position to supply any 2020 picks since we need just about every pick for McInnes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back