Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone at Barker's atm? KH? Anyone? We need confirmation Treloar has been smuggled through the foyer there, or at least spotted in the vicinity.

Huh, didn't even cost us a pick. Staf Martin for Lachie Young.

Why does Bevo say that publicly to outside sources? It just completely f***s our trade leverage. Hasn’t he learned anything after dealing Stringer to these f***wits?

Teams are going to come thick and fast For our star players when they realise we just roll over when a player states he wants out.
Fronk is part of the player management community. He'll be the first to admit some chinese whispers going on, but his intel from that perspective is usually solid.

Clubs don't want to leak info but still naturally have to maintain an ongoing dialogue with player managers, so it's natural some info gets communicated beyond that.

Why are we trading for a free agent?

Goodwill with Lions, won’t really cost us much. I think we missed the deadline for FA signings etc.

Above is contingent on not having seen any details....

The FA window closed before the medical was done. It will be a nothing pick anyways.
Thanks.

Why the hell is there a "window" for these type of free agency deals anyway? Why can't we continue to recruit him as a FA? This is the offseason as much as it was last week. The illogical nature of AFL list management rules increadibly stupid.

Lachie Young officially gone in that trade to North

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t take that to mean Power will move Dunkley for unders by the way.

Beveridge and the bont being pissed is just pushing power to drive a harder bargain if anything.

Dunkley will only be moved for big time overs.

And Treloar only brought in if it’s big time unders.

Hang on, yesterday you said you think the deal gets done for a mid range first and shitty second, that sure as shit ain't big time overs, have you changed your mind on what you think it gets done for?

Im liking everything Sam Power is doing thus far. Executing trades that need to be sorted earlier as well as indication that the Dunkley and Treloar deals will be seperate.

Exactly how I hoped he would play this.

Ok. Some news.

Beveridge is done with Dunkley. Not only that, the skipper is.......displeased with his so-called best mate. Don’t worry for 1 minute about the Bont being a dog for life.

And Treloar? If we make the pies an offer, it will be minimal. It will be a last minute, take-it-or-leave it proposal.

So Dunks gone? Hope this doesn’t leak as it damages his value.

I'm not sure if Stef's body is fit enough to play every week, or even if he's anywhere as good as a player as he was two years ago, but it's a fantastic pickup for presumably next to nothing, in order to get a bit more flexibility in our ruck structure.

They'll be maybe a small handful of games where it's okay for English to fly solo. But there'll be games we'll want to bring Stef in for tactical reasons.

He'll probably play 10-15 games.

Ok. Some news.

Beveridge is done with Dunkley. Not only that, the skipper is.......displeased with his so-called best mate. Don’t worry for 1 minute about the Bont being a dog for life.

And Treloar? If we make the pies an offer, it will be minimal. It will be a last minute, take-it-or-leave it proposal.

Surely Beveridge hasn't made that known. If he has then that's incredibly unprofessional by a senior member of the club.

Good players are always going to get offers from other clubs. It's a business after all, if there's no value for us then suck it up and get on with it.

Good luck to Lachie Young.

Think he could turn out to be a good half back but there was little chance he was going to get a chance in that position with us.

Should get opportunities at North and I hope he takes them.

Now to just trade Bailey Smith to Hawforn and we will have no more name double ups!

I'm not sure if Stef's body is fit enough to play every week, or even if he's anywhere as good as a player as he was two years ago, but it's a fantastic pickup for presumably next to nothing, in order to get a bit more flexibility in our ruck structure.

They'll be maybe a small handful of games where it's okay for English to fly solo. But there'll be games we'll want to bring Stef in for tactical reasons.

He'll probably play 10-15 games.

Traded for Lachie Young, who hadn't carved out a role in our side and we thought would go for nothing.

Ok. Some news.

If this is how it ultimately plays out, I'm going to be very comfortable with my reading of events over the last week or so.

In-fact its positively Nostradamus like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back