Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do Brisbane match on a bid at 1 for Ashcroft without splitting up their first for additional points? Surely the 2nd round McStay compo isn't sufficient
It's Ashcroft and Fletcher (likely late first round bid) - they trade down the McStay compo, any picks we give back as part of the Dunkley deal, trade their future first and let any points deficit apply to 2nd round & later 2023 picks

While likely posturing, let's consider a world where Freo do hold firm.

Do we predict our trade period looks like Dunks out & picks, jones & a fringe player in?

It's Ashcroft and Fletcher (likely late first round bid) - they trade down the McStay compo, any picks we give back as part of the Dunkley deal, trade their future first and let any points deficit apply to 2nd round & later 2023 picks
Mandelbrot rolling in his grave trying to prove these numbers

Is Bowes any good or is the main attraction pick 7?
I’ve followed Bowes pretty closely pre draft and at AFL level (GCS are my second team as I’ve worked in the GC periodically on and off for years). My only question has been whether he’s fully recovered from his injuries. If he has then Pick 7 and Bowes for a salary cap dump is deal of the century. He’s mainly played half back at AFL but he was a quality all round mid as a kid and I think a team like Norf should be all over it. Hell he’d be a walk up start in our mid rotations (post Dunkley) if fully operational. I’ve used Setterfield as an example of the issue I think might be there though. He was the second coming at NEAFL level but injuries overtook ability. Can still get a run at AFL level through natural talent but the strength, agility that made him a potential A-grader have gone and he now looks (rightfully) like a potential delist by Carlton post trade period. I just don’t see GCS trading Bowes and 7 purely for salary cap and I’m fairly convinced they have hidden concerns he won’t fully recover from his injuries last year . That makes it a far less attractive deal as you are paying $800k per year for 2 years to buy pick 7 and potentially what Setterfield gave Carlton. (Not much).

Summary if possible would be appreciated
Pumping Dunks value, b&f winner and premiership player, form better then 2 years ago, hinted at Taranto trade etc. Brisbane have flagged a future 1st as their offer as reported. Twomey said won’t be enough and agree Taranto is the comparison.
Recruitment guys excited to have genuine picks in this draft.
Delistings unlikely until trade period finished.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paddy Dow exploring options

Paddy Dow exploring options

Running Man Abandon Thread GIF by MOODMAN

Run in the other direction Sammy !!! Run man !!!

It'll be a highly interesting trade period for us. We're involved in two high profile deals where the early indications are that all parties are significantly apart with their starting positions. We don't have much leverage in either deal so it'll be interesting to see who will blink first, something which Power hasn't done so.

Pumping Dunks value, b&f winner and premiership player, form better then 2 years ago, hinted at Taranto trade etc. Brisbane have flagged a future 1st as their offer as reported. Twomey said won’t be enough and agree Taranto is the comparison.

Thanks

Freo are bringing in Jackson and Corbett. They’re preparing for next season without Logue and Lobb.

The deal will get done. Freo just being *******s.
Pretty much, they keep ignoring the part that he is turning 30 and only has a year left. Ignore the part that he is contracted, it is bad list management to lose him for a token 4th rounder next year.

Mandelbrot rolling in his grave trying to prove these numbers
IIRC he spent time with rational numbers and equations, far removed from AFL machinations. The FA compo system would have driven him insane

I really like the bolded bit - I think this year and next are good years to hit the draft, especially with most of our positions (and acquisitions) settled and the potential for a Tassie team in a couple of years hoovering up picks

It'll be a highly interesting trade period for us. We're involved in two high profile deals where the early indications are that all parties are significantly apart with their starting positions. We don't have much leverage in either deal so it'll be interesting to see who will blink first, something which Power hasn't done so.

I don't think Sammy ever blinks. Ever.

D1B5FE81-2807-4BEB-B40D-63E878F0A04F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back