Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure how anyone else feels, but a few people on here saying we should offer him a 1 year deal then get compo next year. F@ck that.
I say if we are going to bring him back, offer him the same contract (or slightly less) that he turned down 5yrs or whatever it was. Might take some time to mend fences after pulling this sh1t for a 2nd time.
If he won't sign it then off to the PSD.
Enough is enough. Sign or f@ck off

Zero chance of happening but the fact that we declared we were opening ti redrafting Dunkley ahead of Brisbane in the PSD on his contract terms is absolutely hilarous. All we have to do is make it a credible threat, scare Brisbane into thinking it's not no chance, and they'll cough up.

People saying there's no chance Dunkley signs a one year deal to take himself to free agency... well normally I agree, but this is also somewhat more unique. We can hold the PSD threat over Dunkley's head as much as we can Brisbane. Dunkley sucks it up for one more year, everyone involved knows he'll play professionally and try to win a flag for us in 2023, and he gets where he wants to go as a free agent. Don't rule it out.

I don’t think it’s that strange. That GWS second rounder is very valuable and a possible pick around 20.

I guess they’re probably hoping that takes care of the Dunkley trade (F1 & GWS 2nd) and they can look at acquiring more points elsewhere.

Me too Graeme, Form 1 to Form 5.

I dare say you remember the greatest sports master of all time, Leo McKinnon?
I was there from 1966 to 1970 teachers I remember Mr Warne (old basket loved the strap) Mr Jones maths Miss Santamaria (DLP leaders daughter).
Students Alan Stoneham Robert Bones McGhie Terry Wilkins all played footy for the Dogs I don't remember your sports master though.

buckle your seatbelts boys, we gonna have a fun ride. Honestly GC should really poke into this saga. Higher chance to get the deal done. Dunks would prefer GC rather than PSD North or West Coast I suppose, they're pretty much in the same bracket ladder positions though

I’m not a fan of walking to the PSD. But… in saying that, it would be the biggest * you of all time and the biggest piss take if we went down that route and then selected him back ourselves
So Dunks states his contract terms (most likely 2 years as that gets him to FA again?) and gets his $750k from us, a figure we didn’t offer. Can’t see us taking him. To be honest, whoever takes him would know he’d be asking to be traded within 12 months. Players can manipulate it so interest elsewhere wains.

buckle your seatbelts boys, we gonna have a fun ride. Honestly GC should really poke into this saga. Higher chance to get the deal done. Dunks would prefer GC rather than PSD North or West Coast I suppose, they're pretty much in the same bracket ladder positions though
Do they have the cap space to satisfy Dunkley, given they're shipping Bowes off to help relieve it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back