Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brisbane f**k this up, it will be hilarious.

They're so close to a flag it isn't funny. Dunkley could very well be the difference for them between a flag and not. If I was a Brisbane supporter, I'd be absolutely livid with them not enticing the Bulldogs with a reasonable offer for a chance at a premiership.

If they don't end up with Dunkley and they win a flag, I'll happily eat my words.

So easy to dismiss this as just part of the posturing, but I think this is a bit personal. Bev has demanded Brisbane pony up, Sammy Power isn't thrilled with Brisbane's tactic of trading out the thing we wanted. So I think this could legitimately be an outside chance of being a rare PSD outcome.

Key question is - what pick from Brisbane satisfy Fremantle for Lobb? 25?

F1 + pick for Lobb + ???? = Dunkley? Perhaps a future second linked to a club likely to finish down the ladder. Needs a sweetner but probably not a huge one.

Or, F1 + pick for Lobb + Lohmann = Dunkley + 30/39?

Hope our plan is to shake a player loose.

They're so close to a flag it isn't funny. Dunkley could very well be the difference for them between a flag and not. If I was a Brisbane supporter, I'd be absolutely livid with them not enticing the Bulldogs with a reasonable offer for a chance at a premiership.

If they don't end up with Dunkley and they win a flag, I'll happily eat my words.
They won't win a flag with Dunkley either.

They're a long way away from it.

Grand finals aren't played in Brisbane and they can barely play at the MCG in general.

Cordy has given Bevo a slap in an interview just now.

He should be crawling through a barrel of broken glass to lay garlands of flowers at his feet . Bev played him and played him and played him, year after year . He was only dropped to the VFL for a handful of games.

Not sure how anyone else feels, but a few people on here saying we should offer him a 1 year deal then get compo next year. F@ck that.
I say if we are going to bring him back, offer him the same contract (or slightly less) that he turned down 5yrs or whatever it was. Might take some time to mend fences after pulling this sh1t for a 2nd time.
If he won't sign it then off to the PSD.
Enough is enough. Sign or f@ck off
The 1 year deal wouldn’t be on much money. If it was enough to be in our top 10 paid players then we’d still be able to match next year. He can sign the original contract, a 1 year deal on small dollars (and then he can move as an unrestricted free agent) or enjoy his time at North.

I listened to his interview on Sen yesterday, he mentioned trying not to think about not having a contract while he was playing,so I got the impression that he got his contract offer late in the year.

Booom, there it is fellas.

Outrage is real at Brissy for being *******s, and fair in here. But no outrage needs to be laid at Power, the man will not cave for this.

Love it
Funny article given there are no direct quotes from Power or anyone at the club.

the use of a Dogs source said leaves it very vague.

Still think Lions know what Dogs require to get it done as does Dunkley, Tippa, Dunkley's Mum and Dad, Dunkley's brother and sister, Dunkley's dog, cat and canary etc etc

Lions will work to get what Dogs want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is incredibly bad faith from Brisbane. Pathetic really. Like the 2014 trading period, this is line in the sand stuff. I would happily take the hit of marching Dunkley to the PSD for the broader, longer term message it will send to supporters and the 17 other clubs. We are not here to be pushed around like a minnow feeder club, whilst the likes of Geelong take the p1ss with their abracadabra salary cap. And, by the way, this is also diabolical decision making by Dunkley and his management team considering what transpired two years ago.

Seriously Brisbane, get stuffed.

Just to have a change of topic could you give some prices you recall of min chips, dim sims , potato cakes?
When decimal currency came in potato cakes were 2p each and I think went up to 2c each but we could get 3 for 5c or something so we thought we were getting a better deal can’t remember how it went

Yep, and for what benefit? So they can keep Kai Lohmann, a very good youngster that started in the 22 for one game for them, and isn't better than Bailey and Cameron? It's ridiculous. They'll cough up. We're saying what we're saying to try and leverage a thing that won't happen (Dunkley being elsewhere), by pretending it's a possibility to happen.

Lohmann was pick 20 in the draft last year, presumably that's his value (or even a tad higher). Bundle that with next year's first, a pick likely in the teens but with the slight upside that Brisbane implode and it becomes a top 5 pick or whatever.

A major reason he chose St. Kilda is Brett Ratten because he has good relationships with his players and supports them- that was the biggest draw card for him.

Cool. They can carry his sorry drunken a*** out of the pub next Mad Monday and they can be the ones that grit their teeth when he's easily outmarked (trailing 5 metres behind) hack forwards who kick five in a half next year. Good luck with that.

When decimal currency came in potato cakes were 2p each and I think went up to 2c each but we could get 3 for 5c or something so we thought we were getting a better deal can’t remember how it went
You guys are just making me want fish and chips even more now
And I JUST had them last night

We on Bigfooty knew he was leaving before that. You think the club didn’t know? Dunkley had an offer in front of him all year.
From how I understand the situation, we told Dunkley that we might have more cap room to play with (read: potential Hunter trade despite being owed more money), and he was happy to let us put an offer together in the latter part of the season in good faith that he'd consider. It wasn't a good enough offer - and we have no idea if what we offered was a similar amount to Brisbane - plus we were happy to reward Dunkley's good form in the last 4-5 games of the season, compared to slightly earlier.

He might have always had his heart set on leaving which is fair enough, but there's no reason to doubt that all parties acted in good faith in offering/considering an improved offer in the latter part of the season.

Dogs, Lions at impasse over Dunkley, pre-season draft looms​

Brisbane and the Western Bulldogs are yet to reach an agreement on a deal to get Josh Dunkley to the Gabba
By Callum Twomey - Just now
01MeWB22DB2240.jpg

Josh Dunkley during the Western Bulldogs' game against Melbourne in round one, 2022. Picture: AFL Photos
THE WESTERN Bulldogs will continue to chase two first-round picks for Josh Dunkley after Brisbane traded out its early pick for more draft points on Wednesday.
With less than a week to go before next Wednesday night's Continental Tyres Trade Period deadline, there is little progress on a deal that would send Dunkley to his nominated new home at the Gabba, with the pre-season draft a growing possibility.
The Lions traded their pick 15 for No.21 in a swap with the Giants on Wednesday, before landing picks No.25, 36 and 56 in the deal that sent Tom Berry to Gold Coast. The Lions also received a future second-round pick from the Giants but traded it, along with pick No.46, to Gold Coast.
INDICATIVE DRAFT ORDER Your club's picks as they stand
The move gave them nearly 900 more points to match father-son bids on potential No.1 pick Will Ashcroft and fellow first-rounder Jaspa Fletcher, but it leaves the Dunkley discussions at an impasse as the Dogs push for two first-round picks for their best-and-fairest winner.
The Lions put forward pick 15 and a future first-round pick for Dunkley but were keen to get picks 30, 39 and a future third-round back, which would have seen them essentially splitting for points as well as getting Dunkley.
They look most likely to hold pick No.21 until draft night, when they can trade it out for more points if a bid comes on Ashcroft at No.1.
Tim Taranto's trade price for his move from Greater Western Sydney to Richmond – which cost the Tigers picks 12 and 19 – could set the level for the Dogs. With the Lions predicted to again be in the premiership race next year and with potentially two first-round Academy bids shaping next season, that pick would be expected to be between 15-20.

With Brisbane's hand of selections now skinnier, the Bulldogs could enquire about Lions players to form part of the deal. Whilst established players would be unlikely to make any move, the Dogs could look at younger players recently drafted who are of first-round value.

Brisbane, however, is not prepared to deal players to land Dunkley.

TRADE HUB All the latest player movement news

If a deal is not reached, Dunkley would have to head into the pre-season draft in his bid to get to Brisbane, but Lions football boss Danny Daly said on Thursday the club was confident it would reach an agreement.

"We feel like we're on track to get the deal done at some stage, but out of respect for the Dogs I can't go into what that looks like at the minute. We're working towards that at the minute and hopefully it will all be ticked off in the next few days or so," Daly told AFL Trade Radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back