Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only issue with the PSD is they may work out a way to take him in the national draft instead like Collingwood did with Luke ball

Considering all there picks will be gutted or later due to getting draft points it really puts lions in a vulnerable position. Can’t see them going that way with their academy selections either.

**** Brisbane. Him being out of contract doesn’t help them at all, if it comes down to signing on for one more with us through to free agency or risk ending up at North he stays for sure.

If we’re only getting a 2023 first it might as well be a free agency compo. Full faith in Power, he doesn’t get this stuff wrong.

The only issue with the PSD is they may work out a way to take him in the national draft instead like Collingwood did with Luke ball

No chance, after getting their two F/S their first live pick will be at the end of the draft. Other teams would grab him with their second rounders

Usually in these scenarios id rather something over nothing... but with this I'd be stoked to just let him walk into the Draft. Stuff him and Brisbane, if he had any self respect he'd be personally insulted too at how Brisbane are valuing him and playing funny buggers if it turns out their trades don't allow for other moves to get it done. And I can't see it with all the points they need.

Maybe dev roberton to Eagles to get them another decent pick from somewhere??
Issue is that Brisbane's slightly older depth is so untested and/or proven to be not that significantly good when they get games, that they don't really hold any value at the trade table.

Rhys Mathieson? Deven Robertson? Noah Answerth? While alll are young enough that they can improve, they also played enough games that they're hardly a Pat Lipinski-value player that's in and out of the team. A lot of these depth players were exposed massively in the three finals games that they played - I went to the prelim vs. Geelong and while some of their stats were okay, it was laughable how easily the experienced Geelong midfielders made Robertson and Answerth complete liabilities in their setup. And these were the players that they selected over others in that 20-25 age range that simply aren't that good, and haven't had AFL game time to develop due to Brisbane's excellent injury list over the last few years.

They're no more valuable than what Gold Coast gave for Tom Berry, which was a net result of roughly a pick in the early 30's, points manipulation aside. And Gold Coast's need to bring in young, fringe type players is greater than ours, so they were more demanding of that type of player.

It's why Wilmot and Lohmann hold so much value. They were both late first rounders, only one year in the system, and would likely push out some of these types in Brisbane's team if they stuck around this year. They're both worth roughly similar, if not more, than the respective draft picks that were used on them last year. And I think everyone here would accept say pick 18+Brisbane's future first as a fair trade.

Walking Dunkley without a deal with Lions allows Bumbers to get Dunkley 2 years later for nothing
Unless Dunkley murders the Dalai Lama between now and the PSD, the poor guy doesn't deserve that

We really need to address the elephant in the room here - what does Andrew Dunkley think about all this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Usually in these scenarios id rather something over nothing... but with this I'd be stoked to just let him walk into the Draft. Stuff him and Brisbane, if he had any self respect he'd be personally insulted too at how Brisbane are valuing him and playing funny buggers if it turns out their trades don't allow for other moves to get it done. And I can't see it with all the points they need.
For someone who is so professional in everything he does Dunkley sure does nominate the worse teams when he wants a trade.

I heard that Jackson is keen for the Dees to get fair deal from Freo. I have not heard a peep out Dunkley in wanting the dogs to get a good deal. I respect that he played well for us but we got him a flag in his first season. I think he is just a pretty ordinary bloke and he would should make it difficult for him unless we get a fair deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back