Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still want Lohmann, have heard 0 about any players being interested in becoming part of the trade which is a bit worrying, but it's still early.
I would want us to go after someone that is better quality, like a Rayner, getting firsts and young players is good, but risky (IE T. Boyd, Schache, Freeman). Focus on getting a player that has been in the system a few years and you know what you are going to get from him everyweek.

A friend from Ch7 heard whispers that Rayner could be involved in a deal

I heard that Jackson is keen for the Dees to get fair deal from Freo. I have not heard a peep out Dunkley in wanting the dogs to get a good deal. I respect that he played well for us but we got him a flag in his first season. I think he is just a pretty ordinary bloke and he would should make it difficult for him unless we get a fair deal.
Dunkley's entitled to want to take whatever contract he deems best, as an uncontracted player. No issue with him not concerning himself with how that operationally gets done.

Same logic, given he isn't a free agent, we're entitled to use the entire disposal of list management mechanisms that exist for players that aren't free agents. Drafts, trades, pre-season drafts, redrafting players, etc.

If it was so important to Dunkley, he could have signed himself a contract that took him through to free agency. He didn't.

A stumbling block may be that no players from the Brions want to come to the dogs haha
Brisbane players don't necessarily have to come to the Dogs. Brisbane needs to sell a player(s) to any team that will give them the picks to secure Dunkley.

My money is on Liam Pickering working his arse off to find another club that wants Dunkley and will pony up two first-round picks to get him. I think Dunkley's "lifestyle" preferences will become a secondary issue to avoiding the embarrassment of being left standing at the alter for a second time.

Brisbane players don't necessarily have to come to the Dogs. Brisbane needs to sell a player(s) to any team that will give them the picks to secure Dunkley.

My money is on Liam Pickering working his arse off to find another club that wants Dunkley and will pony up two first-round picks to get him. I think Dunkley's "lifestyle" preferences will become a secondary issue to avoiding the embarrassment of being left standing at the alter for a second time.
Yep.

Both Cal and Sam's articles read as hi everyone if you pony up 2 first rounders you'll get Josh Brisbane have ****ed us over here so any takers?

Imagine if that was his plan all along... He never actually wanted to go to Brisbane and Essendon had concocted a deal with Brisbane to get Dunkley for nothing in the PSD!!
We've been duped by Dodo!!
F#$K!
Nobody's ever been duped by Dodo.

Some nice property available right by the water here, get it done Pickers!

Latest afl story suggest brisbane confident but can't say how due to respect for us.

Makes me think we are going to trade out another player (Hunter) which will somehow unlock some pick swaps etc. No idea just ill-informed speculation from yours truly...😉
The idea that they won't discuss due to "respect for us", when the original offer does nothig but disrespect us.

**** me swinging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if we have any lesser likes we're discussing like Bergman. Make this more spicy for us Power!
Taken a pick before Weightman, a quality player in a position of need.
He'd be am amazing get but I'm not sure we're in the hunt

Impasse WB and the Lions: I know it's often posturing, and 9 out of 10 times you end up taking what the lions offer but there is always that 1 time. There is no doubt Dunkley is worth more than a latish 1st rounder. I'm not a fly on the wall so don't know the goings on behind the scenes. But if was a dogs supporter I'm dark on the lions for shopping pick 15.

Only 150 hours (plus a few final mad minutes) before all this is over for another year.

Unless of course, the PSD comes into play, then it gets dragged out even longer. :eek:

I heard that Jackson is keen for the Dees to get fair deal from Freo. I have not heard a peep out Dunkley in wanting the dogs to get a good deal. I respect that he played well for us but we got him a flag in his first season. I think he is just a pretty ordinary bloke and he would should make it difficult for him unless we get a fair deal.

Would be horrible if everyone skips and he still gets to Brisbane

When was the last time a club followed through and let the player go into the draft?

Not sure it was the last time but Port did it with Nick Stevens. I would rather we let him go to PSD than take unders from the lions. If we take unders the next time it happens other clubs will try the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back