Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inside Trading Desk Cal Twomey said that Brisbane don’t want to offer anymore then a Future First for Dunkley
How about GCS apparent salary cap issues?

Maybe they are making way for a Dunkley or they don’t have the cap space
They can always backload it.

Jack Martin and others such as Heatley and Houli aren't the same as this because it was a choice of the club taking them to go through the PSD rather than give up anything in a trade. It's very rare for a club losing a player who has nominated a club to let them walk with the threat of missing out on their preferred destination - I believe the last was Nick Stevens back in 2003 (requested Collingwood, ended up at Carlton).
We had pick #1 too, so Stevens was still live at our pick, but we took Rawlings.

Yes, AFL.com.au website updated with this additional titbit:

"If a deal is not reached, Dunkley would have to head into the pre-season draft in his bid to get to Brisbane, but Lions football boss Danny Daly said on Thursday the club was confident it would reach an agreement."

"We feel like we're on track to get the deal done at some stage, but out of respect for the Dogs I can't go into what that looks like at the minute. We're working towards that at the minute and hopefully it will all be ticked off in the next few days or so," Daly told AFL Trade Radio.

Pretty interesting.
Latest afl story suggest brisbane confident but can't say how due to respect for us.

Makes me think we are going to trade out another player (Hunter) which will somehow unlock some pick swaps etc. No idea just ill-informed speculation from yours truly...😉

Not a bad call, I think you are probably right. I can't think of anything else which they would think of as sensitive, unless it is just not wanting to disturb sensitive negotiations we are having elsewhere (for Lobb, for instance).

Yes, AFL.com.au website updated with this additional titbit:

"If a deal is not reached, Dunkley would have to head into the pre-season draft in his bid to get to Brisbane, but Lions football boss Danny Daly said on Thursday the club was confident it would reach an agreement."

"We feel like we're on track to get the deal done at some stage, but out of respect for the Dogs I can't go into what that looks like at the minute. We're working towards that at the minute and hopefully it will all be ticked off in the next few days or so," Daly told AFL Trade Radio.

Pretty interesting.

Not a bad call, I think you are probably right. I can't think of anything else which they would think of as sensitive, unless it is just not wanting to disturb sensitive negotiations we are having elsewhere (for Lobb, for instance).
Also, there could be other teams that value existing Brisbane players more than we do, allowing Brisbane to on-trade picks etc.

Surely after Pickering/Dunkley/Dodoro *ed up 2 years ago, Pickering and Dunkley learn from that, and ensure the nominated club can satisfy the likely value for us. Wonder who is at fault here - Pickering/Dunkley or Brisbane? Or all of them? Given Pickering was instrumental in the Boyd/Griffen trade - including setting parts o f it up throughout the live season still in progress in 2014, this would be a walk in the park. So maybe the amateur-hour activity is all on Daly at Brisbane?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Future first and 21. With nothing going back. This seems the most realistic doesn’t it?
Given our well documented need for another KPD, I still feel that Jack Payne could be in play (I know he's contracted but that doesn't mean a great deal). A deal like B F1, Payne + a mid-range 2nd round (either this year or next) for Dunkley could be a goer.

Surely after Pickering/Dunkley/Dodoro *ed up 2 years ago, Pickering and Dunkley learn from that, and ensure the nominated club can satisfy the likely value for us. Wonder who is at fault here - Pickering/Dunkley or Brisbane? Or all of them? Given Pickering was instrumental in the Boyd/Griffen trade - including setting parts o f it up throughout the live season still in progress in 2014, this would be a walk in the park. So maybe the amateur-hour activity is all on Daly at Brisbane?
It was neither a guarantee that Ashcroft would be a definitive number 1, nor that Lions would finish top 4, giving them a worse draft hand. Both go in opposite directions and the negotiations would have been smoother if an Ashcroft bid was expected pick 3 or whatever, with Brisbane having pick 11 or whatever.

Future first and 21. With nothing going back. This seems the most realistic doesn’t it?

No deal especially if you had pick 15 and chose to split it assuming 21 would be okay

two firsts is two firsts and if it is going to be a future first then this years needs to be closer to a single digit especially when you had 15.

If Brisbane don’t want to include any players, they better get to work fixing the draft for less points like Collingwood/GWS did to let #1 pick Nick Daicos get to pick #4

GCS' fan is saying they might struggle to meet 95% this year and are looking to front load contracts.

Doesn’t make sense. Why are they willing to part with pick 7 to get off Bowes contract for the next two years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back