Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I can speak for most Dogs supporters in saying that we are sick of Dunkley.
But he is a very very good player and worth far more than pick 15 so they can do what they like with that selection because they have nothing we want in the way of picks or players they are willing to let go. The fact they sold pick 15 for more picks just means that they have absolutely no hope of landing Dunkley. Add to this the fact that they are prioritising Breust instead of Dunkley and the focus now turns to North, Essendon and Port and what they can offer us... or he walks to them for free and Brisbane can go and f^&k themselves
Gunston I think you mean.

Whenever I see someone posting about Dunkley and Tippa my first thought is:

Essendon-s-Anthony-McDonald-Tipungwuti-waves-to-fans-before-the-R10-clash-with-North-Melbourne-in-2021.JPG
Wait, it's not him?

Liam Jones and Zaine Cordy are both former Bulldogs, but have never played together. One arrived at and one departed from the Bulldogs in late 2014.
The opposite occurred this week.

Ayce Cordy played with Liam at the Bulldogs, and even though he and Jones were at different clubs in 2015, never took the field against each other.
Ayce and Zaine both played senior footy at the Bulldogs in 2015, but never together.

Bob Jones (father of Liam) played senior VFL footy in 1988, and one further game in 1989.

Brian Cordy (father of Zaine and Ayce) played for Footscray between 1981 and 1988.

Footscray played St Kilda twice in 1988. Bob Jones represented St Kilda in both games.
Brian Cordy played his final 2 senior games in 1988. Neither was against St Kilda.

Neither B.Cordy or B.Jones were renowned goal kickers. In 1988, both kicked 2 goals in a single game, their only goals for the season.
In fact Jones' 2 were the only goals of his career.

Brian Cordy and Bob Jones are both born in 1961.

The Cordy/Jones rivalry will continue in 2023. Zaine has said St Kilda might use him forward. They may line up on each other next year.
What a treat for someone like me, who has dreamt of this day since Brian's debut in that shellacking at Victoria Park in round 2, 1981.

It's like a Hatfield vs McCoy epic, except more bland and less saga. Riveting. Four stars.
Some really useful stats there. I actually though didn’t realise Bob Jones was his old man. Met him a couple of times years back when working at the same bank. He was a cracking fella

Last edited:
So no disguise then? :laughv1:

Please tell me that wheelie bin has holes in the bottom and you can pop your legs through and get up and walk away!
Dont be silly. Im wearing somebody else's face.

Whenever I see someone posting about Dunkley and Tippa my first thought is:

Essendon-s-Anthony-McDonald-Tipungwuti-waves-to-fans-before-the-R10-clash-with-North-Melbourne-in-2021.JPG

Omg i'm an idiot. My mind read Tippa, thought Dunks and Tipungwuti were either flying together or just coincidentally at the same terminal at same time, and thought nothing more of it. Maybe arguing with Roy Boy and Nathan Barley in the trade thread has really damaged my brain :'(

What is it with Dunkley picking dumbarse clubs that refuse to do a fair trade? I blame his manager, this should have been sorted weeks ago.

I'd much rather get nothing and see him head to a bottom 4 club than get shafted at the trade table to strengthen a potential top 4 club.

If we don't get Taranto level remunerations the Lions can GAGF

Please no more suggestions of depth players, we have enough of them on our list.
Just want players who will play every week that will make a difference to our structure.
If referring to Poulter, a tall defensive winger is a difference and gives an extra outlet from D50 . Not sure his kicking is great though….. wait, he’d fit in well then on a wing 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is it with Dunkley picking dumbarse clubs that refuse to do a fair trade? I blame his manager, this should have been sorted weeks ago.

I'd much rather get nothing and see him head to a bottom 4 club than get shafted at the trade table to strengthen a potential top 4 club.

If we don't get Taranto level remunerations the Lions can GAGF

Would be a laugh if Geelong take him at 7.

Suspect you are right. Hold with a future 1st as their only offer. Then throw in a 2nd rounder late so we take it.

Hope Power has something up his sleeve
Done it once with Dunks already Brisbane won't pony up so you have 2 choices sign a 1 year deal with us or take your chances in the PSD
Choose the latter hope you enjoy your Roo's contract
Thanks and goodbye 👋

Would be a laugh if Geelong take him at 7.
Nice life style there. He should love it.

And salary cap is never a problem at the cattery so he can get as much of that as he wants.

Assume BIG_BONTS is in the air heading to Adelaide, so even if he has Dunkley/Dwan ("Dwankley"?) on his flight, may not be able to confirm?

Any movement in Middle Park Norm?

Oliver Gigacz, are you still at the Virgin terminal at Tullamarine? Or perhaps in disguise on the flight to Adelaide as well?

Where is Dunkley?

1665037853893.png

Assume BIG_BONTS is in the air heading to Adelaide, so even if he has Dunkley/Dwan ("Dwankley"?) on his flight, may not be able to confirm?

Oliver Gigacz, are you still at the Virgin terminal at Tullamarine? Or perhaps in disguise on the flight to Adelaide as well?

Where is Dunkley?

View attachment 1528543
DWANKLEY! Love it, it made be snort-laugh. Could not be more appropriate.. Dwankley, Dwankley, Dwankley...:D Snort.

Where is Dunkley?

View attachment 1528543

Keeping my eyes open...

Agent13.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back