Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost the scoop of the century.

Dunks and Tippa waiting at Virgin gate 9 T4 at Melbourne Airport. Couldn’t see many flights scheduled there when I walked past besides Canberra at 4:50pm…. GWS in the mix?

Was hoping he might be a last minute minute addition on my 4:10 plane to Adelaide, but doesn’t look like it.

Where is Dunks going?

Dunks and Tippa waiting at Virgin gate 9 T4 at Melbourne Airport. Couldn’t see many flights scheduled there when I walked past besides Canberra at 4:50pm…. GWS in the mix?

Was hoping he might be a last minute minute addition on my 4:10 plane to Adelaide, but doesn’t look like it.

Where is Dunks going?
Dunks to Queanbeyan confirmed

Dunks and Tippa waiting at virgin gate 9 T4 at Melbourne Airport. Couldn’t see many flights scheduled there when I walked past besides Canberra at 4:50pm…. Dunks to GWS confirmed

Anyone’s guess which other flights are in closest proximity
Were they waiting to board, or meeting someone? Is Fagan allowed to leave his "great human" abode and fly south? Or maybe Pickering told him to get himself to Adelaide to talk to Port again? Tippa(h?) currently based in Adelaide for netball too, so maybe she was heading back after their lunch in Albert Park reported earlier in this thread.

Were they waiting to board, or meeting someone? Is Fagan allowed to leave his "great human" abode and fly south? Or maybe Pickering told him to get himself to Adelaide to talk to Port again? Tippa(h?) currently based in Adelaide for netball too, so maybe she was heading back after their lunch in Albert Park reported earlier in this thread.
He could be on a later flight in 1.5 hours to Adelaide but not on this one I’m on.

He was in the lounge for a bit and exited pretty early if his flight is that far away.

BF has eyes everywhere

Doesn’t make sense. Why are they willing to part with pick 7 to get off Bowes contract for the next two years?
It’s the cap for 2024 which is the issue. Rowell, Anderson and others have 1 year left. They moving now so it’s not an issue and they can keep these guys.
Midfield is also not their main need. In saying that, I’m sure they’ve maybe looked at who they can offload or change positions with. Anderson looks better out of forward line. Swallow is a mid, Miller a Mid and Rowell a Mid. Fiorini about the only one I can see that’s been in and out a bit. Not a type for type but on some dollars. Maybe more a wing but Anderson could play out there.
Maybe Dammy needs to shop Fiorini around on Suns behalf 😉

Where is Dunks going?

Gates 8, 9 and 10 are bunched together in T3 so likely a flight from any one of those gates...

Gate 8 - 16:10 to Adelaide (or was the initial sighting after this?)
Gate 9 - 16:50 to Canberra
Gate 8 - 17:15 to Sydney

There is also a 17:10 flight to Brisbane from Gate 7 which is not too far away from the sighting at Gate 9. No flights from Gate 10 until after 19:00.

Gates 8, 9 and 10 are bunched together in T3 so likely a flight from any one of those gates...

Gate 8 - 16:10 to Adelaide (or was the initial sighting after this?)
Gate 9 - 16:50 to Canberra
Gate 8 - 17:15 to Sydney

There is also a 17:10 flight to Brisbane from Gate 7 which is not too far away from the sighting at Gate 9. No flights from Gate 10 until after 19:00.
So either you're stalking Dunkley? Or you ARE Dunkley? Or Tippah?!

Has anyone ever seen Oliver Gigacz, BIG_BONTS, Josh Dunkley and Tippah in the same room?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ona diff topic, just saw Poulter from Pies out of contract. Tall defensive winger. Stats not super impressive but remember him from his 1st year. Reasonable mover and nice hands overhead, not sure about tank though. Might come cheap enough and only 20

Im out front of Josh's Middle Park Pad.

I will report back on which teams swag he comes back with.

67b5982fac862affbe5889247cc3ec07

Impasse WB and the Lions: I know it's often posturing, and 9 out of 10 times you end up taking what the lions offer but there is always that 1 time. There is no doubt Dunkley is worth more than a latish 1st rounder. I'm not a fly on the wall so don't know the goings on behind the scenes. But if was a dogs supporter I'm dark on the lions for shopping pick 15.
I think I can speak for most Dogs supporters in saying that we are sick of Dunkley.
But he is a very very good player and worth far more than pick 15 so they can do what they like with that selection because they have nothing we want in the way of picks or players they are willing to let go. The fact they sold pick 15 for more picks just means that they have absolutely no hope of landing Dunkley. Add to this the fact that they are prioritising Gunston instead of Dunkley and the focus now turns to North, Essendon and Port and what they can offer us... or he walks to them for free and Brisbane can go and f^&k themselves

Last edited:
I think I can speak for most Dogs supporters in saying that we are sick of Dunkley.
But he is a very very good player and worth far more than pick 15 so they can do what they like with that selection because they have nothing we want in the way of picks or players they are willing to let go. The fact they sold pick 15 for more picks just means that they have absolutely no hope of landing Dunkley. Add to this the fact that they are prioritising Breust instead of Dunkley and the focus now turns to North, Essendon and Port and what they can offer us... or he walks to them for free and Brisbane can go and f^&k themselves
Breust is a weird way of spelling Gunston.

The trade will get done in the end my guy.

Liam Jones and Zaine Cordy are both former Bulldogs, but have never played together. One arrived at and one departed from the Bulldogs in late 2014.
The opposite occurred this week.

Ayce Cordy played with Liam at the Bulldogs, and even though he and Jones were at different clubs in 2015, never took the field against each other.
Ayce and Zaine both played senior footy at the Bulldogs in 2015, but never together.

Bob Jones (father of Liam) played senior VFL footy in 1988, and one further game in 1989.

Brian Cordy (father of Zaine and Ayce) played for Footscray between 1981 and 1988.

Footscray played St Kilda twice in 1988. Bob Jones represented St Kilda in both games.
Brian Cordy played his final 2 senior games in 1988. Neither was against St Kilda.

Neither B.Cordy or B.Jones were renowned goal kickers. In 1988, both kicked 2 goals in a single game, their only goals for the season.
In fact Jones' 2 were the only goals of his career.

Brian Cordy and Bob Jones are both born in 1961.

The Cordy/Jones rivalry will continue in 2023. Zaine has said St Kilda might use him forward. They may line up on each other next year.
What a treat for someone like me, who has dreamt of this day since Brian's debut in that shellacking at Victoria Park in round 2, 1981.

It's like a Hatfield vs McCoy epic, except more bland and less saga. Riveting. Four stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back