Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam Jones and Zaine Cordy are both former Bulldogs, but have never played together. One arrived at and one departed from the Bulldogs in late 2014.
The opposite occurred this week.

Ayce Cordy played with Liam at the Bulldogs, and even though he and Jones were at different clubs in 2015, never took the field against each other.
Ayce and Zaine both played senior footy at the Bulldogs in 2015, but never together.

Bob Jones (father of Liam) played senior VFL footy in 1988, and one further game in 1989.

Brian Cordy (father of Zaine and Ayce) played for Footscray between 1981 and 1988.

Footscray played St Kilda twice in 1988. Bob Jones represented St Kilda in both games.
Brian Cordy played his final 2 senior games in 1988. Neither was against St Kilda.

Neither B.Cordy or B.Jones were renowned goal kickers. In 1988, both kicked 2 goals in a single game, their only goals for the season.
In fact Jones' 2 were the only goals of his career.

Brian Cordy and Bob Jones are both born in 1961.

The Cordy/Jones rivalry will continue in 2023. Zaine has said St Kilda might use him forward. They may line up on each other next year.
What a treat for someone like me, who has dreamt of this day since Brian's debut in that shellacking at Victoria Park in round 2, 1981.

It's like a Hatfield vs McCoy epic, except more bland and less saga. Riveting. Four stars.
You need to post this here

There are other Bulldog coincidences if you can be bothered trawling through.

Just been Reported on channel 7 by Tom Browne that Sam power told Brisbane not to trade pick 15 but they did it anyway. If that’s true I would tell Brisbane they can get *ed
To be fair we can't mandate what they can and can't do. I'd be more annoyed if it was agreed that it'd be a part of the deal and then they traded it out.

But yeah it has made it difficult but it'll work out.

My only concern is that it's holding us up from following up on other smaller trades we could explore.

Fully support Sam’s handling so far. If Dunkley ends up going to the draft it is his and his managers fault. This should have been sorted prior and Pickers would know how Sam operates. why make A rival stronger and get not much in return. Better for the club to hold firm. I am ok getting nothing for him if Lions do not pay Fair value.

To be fair we can't mandate what they can and can't do. I'd be more annoyed if it was agreed that it'd be a part of the deal and then they traded it out.

But yeah it has made it difficult but it'll work out.

My only concern is that it's holding us up from following up on other smaller trades we could explore.

We likely made it known that pick 15 would be acceptable in combination with something else and would move the deal a lot closer if it was retained.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liam Jones and Zaine Cordy are both former Bulldogs, but have never played together. One arrived at and one departed from the Bulldogs in late 2014.
The opposite occurred this week.

Ayce Cordy played with Liam at the Bulldogs, and even though he and Jones were at different clubs in 2015, never took the field against each other.
Ayce and Zaine both played senior footy at the Bulldogs in 2015, but never together.

Bob Jones (father of Liam) played senior VFL footy in 1988, and one further game in 1989.

Brian Cordy (father of Zaine and Ayce) played for Footscray between 1981 and 1988.

Footscray played St Kilda twice in 1988. Bob Jones represented St Kilda in both games.
Brian Cordy played his final 2 senior games in 1988. Neither was against St Kilda.

Neither B.Cordy or B.Jones were renowned goal kickers. In 1988, both kicked 2 goals in a single game, their only goals for the season.
In fact Jones' 2 were the only goals of his career.

Brian Cordy and Bob Jones are both born in 1961.

The Cordy/Jones rivalry will continue in 2023. Zaine has said St Kilda might use him forward. They may line up on each other next year.
What a treat for someone like me, who has dreamt of this day since Brian's debut in that shellacking at Victoria Park in round 2, 1981.

It's like a Hatfield vs McCoy epic, except more bland and less saga. Riveting. Four stars.

If they have never been seen in the same place together how can we be sure they aren’t the same person?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If I were the Dogs I would be telling the Dunkley camp the way the Lions have operated it’s unlikely we will do a deal just letting you know where that leaves you you let us know.

Dunkley be careful what your final act will be as a Doggies player because that’s the legacy you will leave.

Words are cheap actions are louder

Media certainly sees the Dogs position on this, Brissy aint got no friends.

Thats pretty standard for Brisbane. Remember years ago we were about to lost 5 players and all the news articles were about how we had to accept whatever we could get. Heck there was an article the other day outlining the 8 teams who could win the flag and the 9 who couldn't..... now i'm not math expert but....

Hope it's ok to ask here...
Just on Cordy, has he played forward much over the last few years?

I had to vacate the bin and find a new lair. Too many people were walking past and putting their little bags of dogs s**t on my head.

View attachment 1528566
We all float down here. You'll float, too Josh.
Reminds me of these guys

delicatessen-4.jpg

Fully support Sam’s handling so far. If Dunkley ends up going to the draft it is his and his managers fault. This should have been sorted prior and Pickers would know how Sam operates. why make A rival stronger and get not much in return. Better for the club to hold firm. I am ok getting nothing for him if Lions do not pay Fair value.
I agree. My preference is Dunks signs in with us for one more year rather than go to the draft. I hope this is communicated to Dunks. Cannot take unders from Brisbane.
Also need to stick to our own timetable too. Accommodate Lions to some extent but draw a line and stick to it. Brisbane made a commitment it is their problem not ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back