Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are people's thoughts on delistings and trade ours at the midway point of this year?

I don't even care anymore. We're heading for a Swans like nose dive imo.

I think it will be a nervous wait for a lot of the guys out of contract this season. Williams, Baker and Scott will definitely get new contracts (if they choose to stay), you’d think Bedendo too. Showed enough signs early days, would be rough after a season of injuries.

The rest who knows. Could make a pretty good case for any of those guys to be delisted. Obviously not all will be but probably should be a deep cut season.

I think it will be a nervous wait for a lot of the guys out of contract this season. Williams, Baker and Scott will definitely get new contracts (if they choose to stay), you’d think Bedendo too. Showed enough signs early days, would be rough after a season of injuries.

The rest who knows. Could make a pretty good case for any of those guys to be delisted. Obviously not all will be but probably should be a deep cut season.

Tonight’s game really highlighted how bad our bottom 4or 5 players really are. Couldn’t see Baker, O’Brien McNeil, Gardiner getting many games with top 8 sides. Really need to clean out quite a few this year, particularly with Hannan, McComb, West etc just not up to AFL level

There’s a large contingent of players that have been on the list for a number of years and have contributed very little or nothing at AFL level so far this year.

Toby McLean
Roarke Smith
Hayden Crozier
Buku Khamis
Robbie McComb
Mitch Hannan
Cody Raak
Jordon Sweet
Laitham Vandermeer
Rhylee West
Riley Garcia
Dominic Bedendo

That’s over a quarter of our list.

There’s a large contingent of players that have been on the list for a number of years and have contributed very little or nothing at AFL level so far this year.

Toby McLean
Roarke Smith
Hayden Crozier
Buku Khamis
Robbie McComb
Mitch Hannan
Cody Raak
Jordon Sweet
Laitham Vandermeer
Rhylee West
Riley Garcia
Dominic Bedendo

We can’t go into next year with all of Khamis, Raak and Bedendo on the list. Tough call on who to ditch but none have meaningfully contributed at AFL level.

If we’re wanting to cut deep, we’d be moving on most of that list. Personally I’m far more interested in coaching changes. We could recruit Charlie Cameron into this side and he’d struggle to kick 30 without a change to our structure and ball movement going forward.

We can’t go into next year with all of Khamis, Raak and Bedendo on the list. Tough call on who to ditch but none have meaningfully contributed at AFL level.

If we’re wanting to cut deep, we’d be moving on most of that list. Personally I’m far more interested in coaching changes. We could recruit Charlie Cameron into this side and he’d struggle to kick 30 without a change to our structure and ball movement going forward.

Croft replaces Khamis as a developing KPF/ruck. So that’s an easy delist.

We could cut another half dozen of that list tomorrow and it’d make no difference to how we perform. I even forgot to include Cleary.

Croft replaces Khamis as a developing KPF/ruck. So that’s an easy delist.

We could cut another half dozen of that list tomorrow and it’d make no difference to how we perform. I even forgot to include Cleary.
Have to agree. I’d also be moving Raak into defence permanently (if we even bother retaining him). I just don’t see how any of Raak, Khamis or Hannan secure spots in our forward line. Rather cut deeper in our undersized talls, replacing them with Croft and another developing KPD, and otherwise spend big on developing mids, wings and flankers. This all being with the view that 2024 is the last year for all of McLean, West, Garcia, RSmith and Vandermeer to prove their worth

Toby McLean
Roarke Smith
Hayden Crozier
Buku Khamis
Robbie McComb
Mitch Hannan
Cody Raak
Jordon Sweet
Laitham Vandermeer
Rhylee West
Riley Garcia
Dominic Bedendo

Smith, Garcia and Bedendo are the ones I'd keep.

Id like to see more of West but it seems as if his papers are stamped.

Sorry, but what? He played two games last season, both away games to two good interstate teams. Didn't set the world on fire, but did not play bad either. Kicked a great goal to. Been out injured all year. Bit harsh to judge a player who has played only one season so far. You talk like he has been on the list for 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, but what? He played two games last season, both away games to two good interstate teams. Didn't set the world on fire, but did not play bad either. Kicked a great goal to. Been out injured all year. Bit harsh to judge a player who has played only one season so far. You talk like he has been on the list for 5 years.
He’s in his 3rd year and got nowhere so far. We’ve seen this too many times before where we carry a speculative player for too long. Take away the Bigfooty hype and there’s little that separates him from Khamis, Raak, Hannan, Cleary and all the other 188-193cm players who can’t find a defined role in our best 22. I’d be backing Cleary to have a better chance at making it than Bedendo.

I really hope he gets himself fit and has a decent run in the VFL this year to show some sort of hope, but what’s he actually done at this stage to deserve an extension?

Bedendo hasn’t played yet… he was showing signs in preseason. He hasn’t been on the list long and is young. He is one we should keep.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Played a few games last year I thought? He's gonna be a player I'd definitely keep him

Toby McLean
Roarke Smith
Hayden Crozier
Buku Khamis
Robbie McComb
Mitch Hannan
Cody Raak
Jordon Sweet
Laitham Vandermeer
Rhylee West
Riley Garcia
Dominic Bedendo

Trade
Delist
Trade
Delist
Delist
Delist
Rookie
Keep
Keep
Keep
Keep
Rookie

Trade
Delist
Trade
Delist
Delist
Delist
Rookie
Keep
Keep
Keep
Keep
Rookie

My only comment is to note the combined trade value of McLean and Crozier is approximately nil.

Pretty sure McLean is a FA. I think he could be an AFL level inside mid somewhere, but we’re unlikely to get anything for him even as compo.

My only comment is to note the combined trade value of McLean and Crozier is approximately nil.

Pretty sure McLean is a FA. I think he could be an AFL level inside mid somewhere, but we’re unlikely to get anything for him even as compo.
Sorry for the confusion I am not saying they have any value at all and wasn't sure on their status but they need to go to a lower level team and find more gametime for their sake as they aren't what we need now

2024 Best 22?
FF: Jones Lobb Darcy
HF: Macrae JUH Weightman
C: Williams Bont Baker*
HB: Dale Naughton Richards
FB: JJ Jones Busslinger
R: English Libba Treloar
INT: Smith Cleary Daniel* Scott*

*Really need a better option for these players. Daniel gets exposed too often due to lack of leg speed. Baker is good but we need better. Scott I like but really need another CB midfielder. I wouldn’t delist Scott, he is solid but not spectacular.

The quicker we get to this squad the better. Busslinger can kick, which is a key attribute for a defender.

Tonight’s game really highlighted how bad our bottom 4or 5 players really are. Couldn’t see Baker, O’Brien McNeil, Gardiner getting many games with top 8 sides. Really need to clean out quite a few this year, particularly with Hannan, McComb, West etc just not up to AFL level
Our bottom 5 players are not the problem. Any swapping of those guys results in marginal improvements at best.

Our leaders kicking for goal (looking at you Bontempelli & Naughton) and losing Richards during the game had a far bigger impact.

Injured his knee. Not a confirmed ACL but looks like it.
Shattering for a guy who did one on his other leg.
We are absolutely desperate for an intercept marking 3rd defender. God we better hope JOD or Buss have a massive pre-season. TOB just isn't that guy, Gardner an honest battler, Keath and Bruce close to cooked.

I'd still seriously look at Hore in the rookie draft. He's a mature body and gets a one year deal to at least push for a spot.

We have a very good draft hand this year and a father son who will go high in the draft this year.

I think one of our in the knows stated earlier we are going to cut deep this year.

O’Neil, Hannam, MCComb definite delist
Rorke Smith, Garcia, Vandemeir give them games and if not up to it delist
Keep Bhuku, Bedendo and Raak
McLean, West Crozier et al encourage them to look for other opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back