Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be interesting to see what compo we get if that pans out. Compo is usually the next pick but we don’t have a first and he definitely will be on a better contract than a 2nd round.
No compo for Baz, won’t be a free agent. Would have to be traded like Dunkley.

Cut out the middle man if His kicking is that good. Throw him at half forward and he can kick the goals himself. Would be nice to have some reliability down there.

Has kicked 108.123 for his career. Like many Dogs players, forgets how to kick it when in front of goal

We won’t get two firsts for him when he is out of contract, no way, unless he wins the Browlow.
We could, but it'd depend on where the first round picks were, this idea that all first round picks are equal is bananas though. We just traded 3 for 1 and I'm happy with the deal haha.

Forgetting about the price for a minute, we all agree we have a great top end and a lot of us think we have a good enough list to compete. We’ve added another very high end pick who should be able to impact early and from the sounds of things going to round out our bottom 6 with some new role players who seem to fit what we need.

If the rest of trade period plays out as expected and we get the off field moves right I’m going to be very bullish heading into next season to be honest.

We need to pinch a flag in the next two years.

Melbournes stacked with quick aggressive inside players, ie Trac, Oliver, Viney - we have one in Libba and he’s not quick. Not saying our midfielders are bad or Harmes is better, but you want roll players that are different to your core and compliment them. Harmes compliments our midfielders, but he definitely doesn’t have a spot in Melbournes

Petracca and Oliver aren’t quick, Bont’s better than all of them inside. The side was number 2 for clearance differential and number 3 for contested possession differential the inside game is not the issue. Harmes isn’t adding any skill or run to the midfield, the only role I could see for Harmes without trading someone is on the wing which I’m not convinced of. The last thing the side needs are more medium/small non forwards in the forward line.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Click on first link

“It really depends, to be honest. I’ve still got a little bit of time to decide, and talk to family [about] if I’m going to declare father-son,” Croft said. “I’ve always grown up going for the Bulldogs, so it would be an honour to play for that club, if they were going to take me. I just want to be able to play footy, wherever that is, whether that’s interstate or in Melbourne.”
Power interview with Cal gave it away that he nominated us

Was hurt for him to contain his excitement

Hope he’s happy to play wing / HF (another player in, playing in a position he never plays)

He wasn't exactly getting minutes over Oliver/Petracca/Viney, or even Brayshaw and Sparrow. He's been a half forward with stints in the middle his whole career. The only year he was getting significant mid time was 2021.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wasn't exactly getting minutes over Oliver/Petracca/Viney, or even Brayshaw and Sparrow. He's been a half forward with stints in the middle his whole career. The only year he was getting significant mid time was 2021.

I hope it works out for him, I don’t mind him, but just can’t see us fitting Bont, Libba, Treloar, Smith, Harmes and Macrae all in there.

2018 and 2019 too.

2018 was sort of his breakout year, got given a few defensive roles. Remember at the time that Brendan McCartney was getting a lot of credit for mentoring him

Petracca’s breakout pushed him out really

Nah not outraged, I think once people see Watson next year they’ll very quickly forget about the price. He’s exactly what we need, speed, flair, xfactor, pressure, skill, finishing - he’s the definition of a full, albeit very small, package
From what i can gather he will work in the middle because he is Daniel's vision/skill set but also has speed too. half way through the year id say we all will be saying well done

I thought, even though they won't get it, that they were trying to get pick 1.

Even if we got pick 3 it probably wouldn't be McKercher though which is who we'd need, thanks to Norf
HIGHLY doubt WCE let pick 1 go unless it was for something incredibly overs. Smith is the back up plan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back