Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How likely is someone like Gonnivan? And if he is available do we pass up on Harmes
Play different positions so wouldn't matter

We lack a genuine tagger and we lack genuine small forward depth both fill positions of need

No on Ginnivan just a slow, lazy small forward that can kick goals but offers nothing else
Didn't his coach roast him and said he needs to grow up? Comes across as a sook when things don't go his way, or when he doesn't get his usual free kicks from ducking. Goes missing to much. Character, maturity and professionalism are all reasons I do not want him. I don't give if he can kick a bag once in awhile. We need good, mature, professional and consistent players. Culture is a big thing at clubs as well.

Yeah those damn small forwards who kick goals jeez who'd want them sign me up for another Arty Jones 0 disposal game much better,

I also suggest you watch their last game + finals he isn't lazy at all
I can have my opinion oh yes those 7 disposals in the GF what a fantastic game.

To be fair he is an upgrade on Jones
And this is the point people bring up Jones (4 goal in 13 games) and Clarke (Yet to play a game) as reasons not to bring in an AFL standard small as depth,

Our small forward depth is shite hence Scott/McNeil/Hannan were all consistently getting games down there the kids may get there Jones showed a bit of promise but they are still miles off it

An article in today's Age mentions our enviable list of tall player riches and yet, in contrast, Collingwood has just won a flag with 3 genuine tall players in their team: Cox, Cameron and Moore. I'm not counting Frampton who gave a good impression of holding up a goal post. The rest of their team was made up of mobile mediums and smalls. What they did have in lieu of talls was great team spirit and coordination and the ability to move the ball quickly, which is fast becoming a necessity for success.
We have indeed been fortunate to draft two excellent prospects in JUH and Darcy, both of whom we were never going to pass over. Now we've engineered our draft hand to accommodate Croft.
My concern is that we have now created a very unbalanced list with a lack of high quality flankers and wingers thus leaving us vulnerable to better balanced teams which have more class in those positions.
This is not so much a criticism because it is in large part due to circumstances, but it gives us a clear indication of what the direction of our future recruiting should be to achieve significant improvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can have my opinion oh yes those 7 disposals in the GF what a fantastic game.
10 of his 14 games resulted in 1 or 0 goals. Likewise, 10 of his 14 games resulted in 1 or 0 tackles.

Your most recent season is an indicator on your current form, not what you did two years ago.

It’s astounding the amount of players that end up at Essendon.

Facilities that sit in the grounds of an Airport, shambolic coaching and administration for the last 10-15 years, no finals win in 20. And they play most games at the minnow stadium like the rest of us smaller clubs.

They must have some gun salesman at the club because the players nominating them are making probably the worst career decision a player could make.
Have you toured the facilities at the Hanger? Incredibly impressive.

An article in today's Age mentions our enviable list of tall player riches and yet, in contrast, Collingwood has just won a flag with 3 genuine tall players in their team: Cox, Cameron and Moore. I'm not counting Frampton who gave a good impression of holding up a goal post. The rest of their team was made up of mobile mediums and smalls. What they did have in lieu of talls was great team spirit and coordination and the ability to move the ball quickly, which is fast becoming a necessity for success.
We have indeed been fortunate to draft two excellent prospects in JUH and Darcy, both of whom we were never going to pass over. Now we've engineered our draft hand to accommodate Croft.
My concern is that we have now created a very unbalanced list with a lack of high quality flankers and wingers thus leaving us vulnerable to better balanced teams which have more class in those positions.
This is not so much a criticism because it is in large part due to circumstances, but it gives us a clear indication of what the direction of our future recruiting should be to achieve significant improvement.
It is a good problem to have,

FB:Buss
CHB:JOD
CHF:Naughts
FF:Marra
R: Darcy
INT: Croft

What a spine and potentially still have English in there we are set for a decade

Yeah those damn small forwards who kick goals jeez who'd want them sign me up for another Arty Jones 0 disposal game much better,

I also suggest you watch their last game + finals he isn't lazy at all
Like Ginnivan.But he was replaced by the Norm Smith medallist.Whom helped tremendously in Collingwoods premiership.
Tell you something !and yes l do realise all the A graders choose other bigger clubs.
But better the draft than cast off's.
Lobb and Treloar A graders.
And Poulter still young.
Otherwise the draft.
And McPherson could be Harmes.

10 of his 14 games resulted in 1 or 0 goals. Likewise, 10 of his 14 games resulted in 1 or 0 tackles.

Your most recent season is an indicator on your current form, not what you did two years ago.
So Baz is worth FA and we should trade him for a 2nd rounder then?

Like Ginnivan.But he was replaced by the Norm Smith medallist.Whom helped tremendously in Collingwoods premiership.
Tell you something !and yes l do realise all the A graders choose other bigger clubs.
But better the draft than cast off's.
Lobb and Treloar A graders.
And Poulter still young.
Otherwise the draft.
And McPherson could be Harmes.
I'm not saying he is a star by any means all I am saying is our small forward depth is shithouse and we get little to no scoreboard impact from them which puts more pressure on our talls and mids to carry them offensively

Isn't their indoor field almost the size of an actual field? Makes ours look tiny in comparison.
Such a shame they've been hopeless on-field for the best part of 20 years.

They can have all the facilities in the world, but it hasn't made a scrap of difference because their culture has obviously been up the wazoo.

But they keep on 'winning' trade week so should really make them some sort of trophy for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back