Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick 39 is really overpaying for Coffield even if we get points back. The only trade that we should hold firm on as his value is not anywhere near a second rounder.
It works out better for us this way anyway points are all that matter and instead of giving pick 48 we gave up the points equivalent of 53.

Some donkey called SEN saying the Pies are talking to Jamarra so I expect he will sign an 8 year deal this evening.

Port get a lot of s**t thrown at them for Hinkley but I respect their ability to make moves.

Backline needs work and have gone and got ZT and Esava.

Unlike us
But they are overvaluing those players. BZT and Esava are not good yet Port is going to rely on them to be pillars of their backline.

Friend of the Bulldogs Tom Morris! Late picks better mean 50+.

I’ve been having a read over the last 10 pages. I miss this place.

But I’m staggered how many want to torch English. He’s in our top 5 kicks and handballers, he’s a good mark behind the ball and he kicks goals. He’s not a dominant tap ruckman (yet) but OMG he’s such a good footballer. Losing him would be a big error.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on who we’re taking? I had a look at the Wizard guy and I was (sadly) a bit disappointed. But I’m probably wrong. I’m just against small forwards as top picks - especially after everyone saying how dominant Ainsworth was in his top age year.

Who are the best kids?

That’s not great for us to be honest, obviously doesn’t matter if we’ve got enough for Croft anyway but still shouldn’t be using 2nd rounders
39 (and getting back 55) is fine because that pick would be going straight on Croft anyway. It's not like we've lost an opportunity to pick up a player at 39.

It means we match Croft with 47, 55, 52 & 68. All those picks should move up 4-5 spots (after the matching of higher end bids) anyway so we might get one later pick to take an additional draftee in the national draft.

But I’m staggered how many want to torch English. He’s in our top 5 kicks and handballers, he’s a good mark behind the ball and he kicks goals. He’s not a dominant tap ruckman (yet) but OMG he’s such a good footballer. Losing him would be a big error.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on who we’re taking? I had a look at the Wizard guy and I was (sadly) a bit disappointed. But I’m probably wrong. I’m just against small forwards as top picks - especially after everyone saying how dominant Ainsworth was in his top age year.

Who are the best kids?

He’s a ruck who can’t Ruck and got beaten by rookie rucks at the end of the year with finals on the line.

Not worth the c. $1m / year he’ll want.

Each to their own though.

Here’s the view from my hospital bed. It’s boring as * but still not bad enough to entice me to listen to trade radio
Is that a clue we’re getting Curtin 🤪

39 (and getting back 55) is fine because that pick would be going straight on Croft anyway. It's not like we've lost an opportunity to pick up a player at 39.

It means we match Croft with 47, 55, 52 & 68. All those picks should move up 4-5 spots (after the matching of higher end bids) anyway so we might get one later pick to take an additional draftee in the national draft.
Where do you guys think Lual will fall?

Surely we need something to match him if another team bids for him after pick 40.

I'm not particularly keen on going into deficit for next years draft considering we have no idea how the next 12 months play out

He’s a ruck who can’t Ruck and got beaten by rookie rucks at the end of the year with finals on the line.

Not worth the c. $1m / year he’ll want.

Each to their own though.
He was poor in those matches but he wasn’t alone. I would rather an English over any other ruckman but I know a lot of people like tougher ruckmen.

There are a lot of things that need to change.

While he isn’t filling a need, I’m a Coffield fan. I have a lot of close mates who are insanely passionate Saints supporters so I watch all their games. He’s a good player who can be prone to making bad decisions. I’m a definite no to Billings. He sucks.

Who are the best kids?
Great to have you back, I think most feel Tim will head to the higgest bidder in 12 months time and given we have several high profile players to secure are prepared to let him go. As for Watson I"m also weary using such a high pick on a small forward however this kid has genuine speed and genuine goal sence two things we lack big time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are the best kids?

Regarding English

1) we run a pretty big risk of receiving far less for compensation end of next year
2) premiership teams don’t require A grade rucks (Gawn being the exception in the past 10-15 years)
3) rucks shouldn’t be overpaid in my view.

Who are the best kids?

He’s only coming into big man prime . Another preseason, plenty of improvement to come .

He was poor in those matches but he wasn’t alone. I would rather an English over any other ruckman but I know a lot of people like tougher ruckmen.

There are a lot of things that need to change.

While he isn’t filling a need, I’m a Coffield fan. I have a lot of close mates who are insanely passionate Saints supporters so I watch all their games. He’s a good player who can be prone to making bad decisions. I’m a definite no to Billings. He sucks.
With you on Coffield and think he's more of a need than not. He's got size and mobility perfect for that 3rd tall denfender. He's only 23, a former top 10 draft pick and top 5 B&F for the Saints albeit a few years back now. Regardless of what think he's only costing a bag of chips and provided he stays fit will pay us back tenfold.

Taylor Adam went to Swans for pick 33

Last year we paid pick 30 plus our 2023 2nd rounder 28 (ends up early 30’s)

Similar ages and years to play etc etc

Am I missing something or are we crap at trading ?
Freo wanted to hang onto Lobb and Adams was being phased out at the Pies. Not the same scenario in terms of the clubs positions.

Who are the best kids?

You have summarised Timmy well.

The club needs to decide what $ resources are they prepared to pay for a Timmy for x result and whether they consider putting less $ in resources to another ruck to a achieve a % of x.

I would pay Timmy more if it meant we lose B.Smith but not sure I would pay Timmy more if it meant we lose JUH or cannot attract a gun in an area of need.

With you on Coffield and think he's more of a need than not. He's got size and mobility perfect for that 3rd tall denfender. He's only 23, a former top 10 draft pick and top 5 B&F for the Saints albeit a few years back now. Regardless of what think he's only costing a bag of chips and provided he stays fit will pay us back tenfold.
He’s a good kick of the footy as well so that’s always a need for us 😂

You have summarised Timmy well.

The club needs to decide what $ resources are they prepared to pay for a Timmy for x result and whether they consider putting less $ in resources to another ruck to a achieve a % of x.

I would pay Timmy more if it meant we lose B.Smith but not sure I would pay Timmy more if it meant we lose JUH or cannot attract a gun in an area of need.
That’s fair and if Tim gets an astronomical pay day, good luck to him. He comes from a very down to earth family, so I am hoping that will help him make a decision that ensures the longer term success of our list. He knows he’s a leader amongst the group so I would think he would accept a fair offer. We just need his Mrs to come over here. We’ve got better golf courses too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back