Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baz is gonna go to Collingwood imo. Big club and big exposure for personal brand. Gonna get shafted with draft picks too like dunkley

Daicos brothers have been tapping up Baz.

View attachment 1838893
I have it on good authority that Nick and Josh Daicos will request a trade to the Bulldogs next year. Nick Daicos is keen to join Bailey Smith to complete "Barry’s trifecta" meanwhile Josh Daicos is an avid fan of Mexican cuisine and is hoping to receive free Mission tortillas

If he goes then we get compo based on his salary and age correct? If McKay netted a 3 then we should get something good? Knowing this trade offers would have to be better than that.

I hope he doesn’t leave and gets it together next year. We need exactly his skill set on the outside roaming and as a burst mid.

For ruck we will need to get someone ready to go and the stocks are thinning. Today if Tim goes down - Lobb plays ruck and Darcy plays his role. If Darcy not ready we have Buku or JOD forward (we have Keath and Gards) as cover. Assume Croft is too young.

In one year we have: Tim, Lobb, Darcy and Croft - so pretty good.

If we take four to draft and have added Coffield and Harmes won’t we have two free list spots? Maybe a ruck and a mid season pick up our sleeves?

Also have we delisted McComb? - Sullivan so much better. So would Bramble

If he goes then we get compo based on his salary and age correct? If McKay netted a 3 then we should get something good? Knowing this trade offers would have to be better than that.

I hope he doesn’t leave and gets it together next year. We need exactly his skill set on the outside roaming and as a burst mid.

For ruck we will need to get someone ready to go and the stocks are thinning. Today if Tim goes down - Lobb plays ruck and Darcy plays his role. If Darcy not ready we have Buku or JOD forward (we have Keath and Gards) as cover. Assume Croft is too young.

In one year we have: Tim, Lobb, Darcy and Croft - so pretty good.

If we take four to draft and have added Coffield and Harmes won’t we have two free list spots? Maybe a ruck and a mid season pick up our sleeves?

Also have we delisted McComb? - Sullivan so much better. So would Bramble
Smith isn't a free agent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey Smith was a liability in the middle for us this year.

Bailey Smith was a liability in the middle for us this year.

“Liability” SCULL!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I live in qld, almost no AFL news makes it up here, its why I'm on big footy.
Genuine question Scrag... What is your recommendation for accurate AFL news that's not behind a pay wall?

I don't have one because I don't feel the need to read AFL news. Anything worth knowing you'll find out eventually just from watching the game. You could ignore the whole trade period and within the first round of footy next year you'd know what had transpired while skipping the 3737627 articles of speculation that amount to a load of shit that never happened.

Would suck to lose Baz, still really hope he stays and cements a spot in our midfield. I can accept losing him if he does truly want to go at the end of the year still, but I would be a bit annoyed we didn't appropriately weigh the risk up this off-season and cash in now. Hawks pick 4 plus plus potentially their 1st or 2nd next year and/or other swaps (which was reportedly available if we traded Smith). Could have grabbed Watson and Sanders or Curtis this year and started the midfield rebuild a year early.

Here's hoping we retain all of the out of contract young stars though, but going to be a long year of Herald Sun articles...

On a non pin up boy topic.....I can't help but feel our trades and overall football business has been poor. We seem to have given away an awful lot for a top 6 pick and have left gaping holes down the back and with an aging midfield.... I just can't help but think we stuffed up.

On a non pin up boy topic.....I can't help but feel our trades and overall football business has been poor. We seem to have given away an awful lot for a top 6 pick and have left gaping holes down the back and with an aging midfield.... I just can't help but think we stuffed up.
This has been done to death. There are many pages on this exact topic. There's a number of reasons why we traded up the way we did. We won't be left out of the first round next year either

Croft is going to be developed as a defender, his been told this.

Won't be anywhere near our forward line for a decade.

Would suck to lose Baz, still really hope he stays and cements a spot in our midfield. I can accept losing him if he does truly want to go at the end of the year still, but I would be a bit annoyed we didn't appropriately weigh the risk up this off-season and cash in now. Hawks pick 4 plus plus potentially their 1st or 2nd next year and/or other swaps (which was reportedly available if we traded Smith). Could have grabbed Watson and Sanders or Curtis this year and started the midfield rebuild a year early.

Here's hoping we retain all of the out of contract young stars though, but going to be a long year of Herald Sun articles...
Just don’t see a world where the Hawks ever offered that when they can get him for half the price at the end of 2024.

Just don’t see a world where the Hawks ever offered that when they can get him for half the price at the end of 2024.

Bailey will have a lot of suiters at the end of next season. They will now be competing with Collingwood, Geelong, Essendon etc as well as us obviously, all who bring different things to the table and will be going all out to bring him in. To get him a year before he would be out of contract, get him into the club and fall in love with the place / people and lock him into a long term deal before next off-season even comes into play would be huge. They are now battling it out with the rest of the clubs interested in him and more likely than not to miss out on him.

See Essendon with Dunkley who miss out on him while he was in contract, and had to watch him go to Brisbane shortly after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back