Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
JOD is an absolute gift and we did pick up Buss & Jones last year.
I'm actually glad we could feasibly not pick one up this year period and still be ok come round 1 next year.

I'd still like a genuine interceptor though. By all accounts were into Tomlinson, but there's a couple of VFL guys (Nour & Hore) we could pick up as well to help us in that position.
Can never have too many KPDs imo.

Obviously not at the expense of different lines of course.

Would love just one more to take over from Jones when the time comes. He's over 30 and it can creep up quickly.

Tomlinson is a solid player and would fill a role for us imo.

Apparently El Nour can play small as well so I'm sold.

Part of my concerns about the Plan B discussion relates to not developing the players properly - so when someone is out of form, we don’t have a logical replacement.

Like Buku in every single position - so he has no continuity or consistency. If we developed players properly, we could then adjust to suit our opponents or if players are out of form.
The strange thing is that Buku has only played forward in the VFL lately, at least as far as I have seen. There seems to be no alignment between our needs at AFL level and our strategies at VFL.
Same as O'Donnell coming in and playing forward.
I'm not sure Buku playing full forward at VFL is going to develop him as a forward any further and he's a fair way down the pecking order for that role at AFL level so I don't understand why he isn't developed as an interception defender at VFL when it is a clear need.

We are going into 2024 with Jones, Keath and Gardy as our only key position defenders. It’s highly concerning.

Third talls - O’Brien, JOD, Buss. Which I’m okay with.

We desperately need to add another full back.

We are going into 2024 with Jones, Keath and Gardy as our only key position defenders. It’s highly concerning.

Jones is the only one who is a KPD Buss and JOD can put the size on to do it though

JOD is an absolute gift and we did pick up Buss & Jones last year.
I'm actually glad we could feasibly not pick one up this year period and still be ok come round 1 next year.

I'd still like a genuine interceptor though. By all accounts were into Tomlinson, but there's a couple of VFL guys (Nour & Hore) we could pick up as well to help us in that position.

Rather Nour and/or Hore, than Tomlinson. The first two can actually intercept…. The other is just a poor KPD.

Might be on my own but I haven’t given up on Toby. Think he can become an inside mid or play a lockdown role.

I’m not his greatest fan but we must retain Williams. If he’s in our bottom 6 then that’s pretty good depth.

I think the game has gone beyond Toby. Too slow and not strong enough.

3 fringe players have asked for a trade

2 players have been informed they won't be at the club next year (fringe)

Think Dogs are waiting for the VFL finals to be over before they post the delistings

Since Hannan out for the year, made sense to make the post
I just hope West isn't one of the fringe players. I can live with almost anyone else who might fit that description.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just hope West isn't one of the fringe players. I can live with almost anyone else who might fit that description.
West is fine, he's going to be training again with Bont this off season
Midfield role is his goals next year

Actually Keath and Gards as back up for Jones.

JOD and Buss developing talls who also have skill and can intercept with an option of developing Darcy down there and who knows where Croft will be at.

KPD defenders are the least of our worries unless we play 3 with poor skills and one of those who rarely marks

3 fringe players have asked for a trade

2 players have been informed they won't be at the club next year (fringe)

Think Dogs are waiting for the VFL finals to be over before they post the delistings

Since Hannan out for the year, made sense to make the post
I’ll guess the three fringe players that are requesting trades would be Khamis, sweet and crozier.

Hope it’s not Cleary.

I happened to sit next to Buku’s family at a VFL game a few weeks ago. Overheard that he was happy at the club and not planning to move
He’s a Naughton or Jamarra injury away from playing every week. Also might still hold hopes of cracking in as a 3rd tall defender, although you’d have to think Buss has gone past him. I’d be happy to carry him on the list for a few years even just as injury cover, much like a capable backup 2nd ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back