Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our role players actually don't play their roles. Compare Collingwood to us. Role players McCreary, WHE, Markov, Cox, Lipinski et al all know what is expected. All are coached well and all have an attribute that are USEFUL to Collingwood.
Now, compare our mish-mash of role players over Bevos time. How many have flourished? I just don't think Bevo has faith or trust in any of our role players.
Agree with this. Fly gives his role players self belief and trust. They know their role he helps them
Understand that they are capable of effectively playing their role and they go out and do it.

I know I am on the outside looking in but I will go out on a limb here and surmise that “ missing targets by 10 metres” is not part of any players role. Yet that i is s what a lot of our players do consistently even one previously known for their skill ( not looking at anyone named Caleb). Watching the Daicos boys hit targets consistently and thinking back to our efforts on Friday night is depressing. As well as prioritising pace, size and willingness to work both ways we have to target skill as well. No easy feat.

If both Lobb & English leave I'd hope dogs throw the sink at Tom De Koning. Him and Darcy would be a killer combo. There aren't many 2nd rucks that would suit dogs. Maybe Reeves or Dante Visentini.

If both Lobb & English leave I'd hope dogs throw the sink at Tom De Koning. Him and Darcy would be a killer combo. There aren't many 2nd rucks that would suit dogs. Maybe Reeves or Dante Visentini.

If we lost Tim, hypothetically, I’d rather go for a cheap physical presence in Pittonet or Reeves. Visentini looks good too.

If we lost Tim, hypothetically, I’d rather go for a cheap physical presence in Pittonet or Reeves. Visentini looks good too.
100%. Pittonet is depth at Carlton now, would be very happy to see English go and replaced with a run of the mill ruckman like Pittonet. Hes no world beater but he's a physical presence, something we need. Would be nice to have a proper tap ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL is a weird organisation . They have their own in-house team of journalists, not just to toe the line but also to stir sh1t like newscorp . That’s fine for Murdoch journos, but should AFL employees be speculating on player movements?

Last week ‘Gettable’ was investigating the nature of Harley Reid’s contract , now they’re flogging off Barrass. These unsettling rumours are on the AFL official app. If I was an Eagles fan I’d be pissed off. Does any other sport in the world white ant its own clubs in such a manner ?

The AFL is a weird organisation . They have their own in-house team of journalists, not just to toe the line but also to stir sh1t like newscorp . That’s fine for Murdoch journos, but should AFL employees be speculating on player movements?

Last week ‘Gettable’ was investigating the nature of Harley Reid’s contract , now they’re flogging off Barrass. These unsettling rumours are on the AFL official app. If I was an Eagles fan I’d be pissed off. Does any other sport in the world white ant its own clubs in such a manner ?

American sports trade their players all the time dont they? even against their will, they just say 'pack your bags buddy'. unless that player specifically has a contract that says they cant do that. not sure if they have a players association to stick up for them over there - is that pinko commie stuff?

Just a big FYI:

The AFL website isn’t owned or run by the AFL. It’s run by a separate media company and this has been the case for over a decade. At one stage a company I was part of tried to bid to take over the rights but the old boys network….

The websites goal is to maximise advertising revenue and uses whatever means necessary to get clicks and views.

Can’t see Barrass leaving had the chance last year and stayed with the West Coast
Sydney had a huge offer on the table too apparently

Am i allowed to talk about barass again? haha
No further mentions unless it's 100% locked in please VD! Haha. I wonder whether this has come about because we know Buss is likely headed home and we see it as a way to get a trade done and not lose a key defender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back