Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was posted on here that Barass’s back was in worse condition than a Victorian budget. Have I remembered this wrong?

Multiple peoples have said this, but every time I’ve watched him he certainly doesn’t appear to be very hindered by it.

American sports trade their players all the time dont they? even against their will, they just say 'pack your bags buddy'. unless that player specifically has a contract that says they cant do that. not sure if they have a players association to stick up for them over there - is that pinko commie stuff?
They do, but their players union accepts 50% of the sports' revenues and they have minimum salaries that are about 20 times the national average.

Just a big FYI:

The AFL website isn’t owned or run by the AFL. It’s run by a separate media company and this has been the case for over a decade. At one stage a company I was part of tried to bid to take over the rights but the old boys network….

The websites goal is to maximise advertising revenue and uses whatever means necessary to get clicks and views.

Thanks for that, it makes sense .It’s still not a good look for the AFL considering their official logo is plastered all over the app and the website .

The lines between journalist, commentator, bookmaker’s shill and fast food promoter are rather blurred these days. Some of them even double as players agents .

From the Herald Sun. Fingers crossed:

YOUNG DOG NOT KEEN TO MOVE

The Bulldogs are confident Jedd Busslinger sees his future with the club despite not yet signing a contract extension.

The No. 13 draft pick in the 2022 national draft is one of the highest selections from that class who hasn’t yet signed a new deal past 2024.

But he continues to make improvement at VFL level and could even play this week after his best VFL game.

His exceptional VFL stats have been coloured by the fact he takes kick-outs but last week he had 14 intercept possessions and five intercept marks to match his high possession tallies.

WA boy Busslinger lives with Sam Darcy and is seen as happy at the Dogs as he makes continual improvement after a very limited pre-season in his first year at the club.

The Dogs are making clear that they don’t want to trade Rory Lobb despite his indifferent form but with Busslinger making strong gains they will again have key position depth.

Inside Trading Article

DOG DEAL DONE​

HARVEY Gallagher has been rewarded for a strong start to 2024 by securing a new two-year deal this week.

The 20-year-old will remain at the Western Bulldogs until at least the end of 2026.
After enduring an interrupted first season at the Whitten Oval, Gallagher was rewarded for an impressive pre-season with a debut against Melbourne in round one.

The former Bendigo Pioneers captain has played all 13 games to start the season, quickly becoming a reliable option for Luke Beveridge.

Western Bulldogs list manager Sam Power is still working through contract negotiations with All-Australian ruckman Tim English, former first-round pick Jedd Busslinger, and Rhylee West, among other contract decisions. – Josh Gabelich

The Bulldogs are confident Jedd Busslinger sees his future with the club despite not yet signing a contract extension.

The No. 13 draft pick in the 2022 national draft is one of the highest selections from that class who hasn’t yet signed a new deal past 2024.

But he continues to make improvement at VFL level and could even play this week after his best VFL game.

His exceptional VFL stats have been coloured by the fact he takes kick-outs but last week he had 14 intercept possessions and five intercept marks to match his high possession tallies.

WA boy Busslinger lives with Sam Darcy and is seen as happy at the Dogs as he makes continual improvement after a very limited pre-season in his first year at the club.

The Dogs are making clear that they don’t want to trade Rory Lobb despite his indifferent form but with Busslinger making strong gains they will again have key position depth.
Its quite ominous that there isn't an actual quote from Busslinger in this article.

Its smacks of the club ramping up the pressure to re-sign through a tame journo.

Assuming the above to be correct and of course it is. The one thing that we can take from it, is that he will debut this week.

It'll be announced tomorrow.

So going by the bottom paragraph we are lying through our teeth, at least about one of the two players mentioned

Its quite ominous that there isn't an actual quote from Busslinger in this article.

Its smacks of the club ramping up the pressure to re-sign through a tame journo.

Assuming the above to be correct and of course it is. The one thing that we can take from it, is that he will debut this week.

It'll be announced tomorrow.
Agree re the quote. It’s a bit of a nothing story, but better than nothing.

The Herald Sun are also saying Tyson Stengle may be potentially available for $850k.

I can’t see him leaving Geelong, but I’d be all over him if he is gettable. A legit small forward with our talls would be unreal.

He’s a free agent too, so no draft capital required.

The Herald Sun are also saying Tyson Stengle may be potentially available for $850k.

I can’t see him leaving Geelong, but I’d be all over him if he is gettable. A legit small forward with our talls would be unreal.

He’s a free agent too, so no draft capital required.
Not sure I'd want to be spending that much money on him.

Geelong have gotten him right, but he's still a player that requires a lot of maintenance, we aren't exactly known for our ability to deal with difficult players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see it with Barass. WA boy, WA family with kids in the twilight of his career coming to a mid table Melbourne club with uncertainty around the coach. Would only come if it was for an extraordinary amount of money, which I dont think the club would offer.

Not sure I'd want to be spending that much money on him.

Geelong have gotten him right, but he's still a player that requires a lot of maintenance, we aren't exactly known for our ability to deal with difficult players.
With the cap spike $850k isn’t what it used to be. But agree he’s risky with his history

Who wrote this article? If it’s someone like Edmund then it’s come from the Dogs, not Busslinger.

I think he is essendon bound. I don't know where they're finding all the cap space.

high quality GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back