Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think we can ask for a 1st Round draft pick for a player who is yet to play one senior game. If he does get promoted then he becomes more negotiable but if he stays in the VFL, a 2nd Round pick would be seen as fair compensation by any interested club.
Having said that, I don't think Busslinger would be any better off moving to West Coast now because he'll still have to wait his turn there behind McGovern (2025) and Barrass (2026) whereas we are crying out for replacement KPDs and the opportunities here are numerous. If another AFL club stepped in with an offer, that would be another issue altogether.
There's no reason that his draft value has diminished relative to the fact he was worth pick 13 in the first place. The fact that he hasn't been selected (yet) when you'd want some level of improvement is clearly counteracted by the fact he had a limited initial pre-season, has improving VFL form, and the fact it was understood he was likely to be a longer-term developer when he was drafted.

On balance of all of the above he's probably worth marginally less than what we drafted him for, relative to possible outcomes when we drafted him. But we're talking pick 13 down to pick 15-17, not 13 down to a second rounder in the 20's or whatever.

Geez WC posters think a future 2nd (or 2nd this year) will be all they pay for Buss if he goes. That'd be a terrible outcome for us. Pick 13, rehabed his shoulder, 2 years development, looking great, and a clear position of need. Surely we don't let him go for that
If he doesn’t play a game a high second rounder is a pretty good outcome.

Oliver Henry (who was drafted late in the first round and to that point had 2+ shots at goal per game in 25 games for the Pies) as well as picks 41 and 50 landed Collingwood a fairly cooked Tom Mitchell with his full deal paid for and pick 25.

Any suggestions Jedd Busslinger gets us a first round pick unless he has an amazing second half to the season is just misguided. We'd be lucky to get a decent second rounder for him. It's unfortunate, but it's just the way it is.

I think it’s more the public nature that upsets people. Libba & Bob would have had a relatively incognito trio whilst Baz posts 5 Instagram stories a day detailing his lavish lifestyle overseas.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that but it’s why people react differently.
Vintage Libba might not have posted much of the trip on his Instagram but he would have been the absolute opposite of incognito.

Geez WC posters think a future 2nd (or 2nd this year) will be all they pay for Buss if he goes. That'd be a terrible outcome for us. Pick 13, rehabed his shoulder, 2 years development, looking great, and a clear position of need. Surely we don't let him go for that
Club believes he will stay.

Opposition supporters are usually delusional about compensation so not so concerned about the WC posters.

Whats the issue with this? Players with season ending injuries often go on holidays. Its been happening for years at our club and many others.

I swear some people just have issues with Bailey Smith
Mate, if my workplace paid me 50k a fortnight to party in Ibiza they would expect me to produce Calvin Harris quality concerts every night in front of 15 thousand with platinum albums to boot. Real life isn’t a charity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant see Stengle in a dogs jumper. I can kind of see Rayner though. What would his value be worth?

Can’t see either. This chat re Stengel I thought was odd, confirmed in the first half tonight… a big No at any price

Rayner , nah not really

Key position player or not Beveridge plays them early on and has history of doing it. Cordy, English, Young, Collins, Adams, Naughton, Jamarra, Darcy, JOD all got games in their first year. A year and half in with a full pre season under his belt, Busslinger hasn't played one.

If we were the club after Busslinger, we would be saying the same thing as WC supporters. I know this isn't what some people want to hear, but unless he plays a couple games and does well, we won't be getting a first rounder for him. He hasn't shown he's worthy of that 1st round pick we paid for him yet.

It's not true at this exact moment. His last instagram story has him on the east coast of Sicily in Taormina, if that's any solace

Slight diversion from list management and Bailey :)

Not that I'm jealous of Bailey or anything ;) but Jim Kerr, front man of Simple Minds, owns a boutique hotel in Taormina.

The videos from their latest album were shot there at the Teatro Antico amphitheatre which was built in 301 BC.

The videos are like a glorious travel advertisement for the town. And an amazing backdrop for a concert.

Taormina is also where the 2nd season of White Lotus was shot. So obviously it's even more trendy than ever.

Just another piece of trivia the keyboard player is Berenice Scott daughter of Robin Scott who many of you older peeps will better remember a M writer and singer of Pop Muzik.

Sarah Brown on backing vocals has sang with many of the greats.

And Cherisse Osei on drums is an absolute powerhouse.

Ok, thanks for your patience, now back to footy

Geez Geelong are going to need more than a midfielder coming back from a ACL, who is a poor kick. Looking at some of their dud young players I could go on to the “Geelong has great Youth” or whatever their bragging thread is, on the MB but they have more trolls than any other team, so can’t be bothered.

Geez Geelong are going to need more than a midfielder coming back from a ACL, who is a poor kick. Looking at some of their dud young players I could go on to the “Geelong has great Youth” or whatever their bragging thread is, on the MB but they have more trolls than any other team, so can’t be bothered.

Problem is they always manage to beat us with the assistance of us finding ways to s**t the bed

I’d say he is comfortably the best KPF in the league at defensive effort, and he’s gold when the ball hits the deck.

We have JOD coming along well, hopefully Buss and Croft could be developed back as well. Naughton will not be going back.
Have to start playing Buss. Will learn more playing seniors around Jones, Dale etc. Even if he is the sub for 2-3 weeks and plays a quarter and a half he will benefit.

looks like cats are on the decline. Would be better off hitting the draft then going after baz imo. But if they really want him maybe we should ask for a future first rather then this years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back