Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like cats are on the decline. Would be better off hitting the draft then going after baz imo. But if they really want him maybe we should ask for a future first rather then this years
I've thought this for 10 years but then they poach players for cheap, trade out someone for a fortune, and the Suns donate them picks...

looks like cats are on the decline. Would be better off hitting the draft then going after baz imo. But if they really want him maybe we should ask for a future first rather then this years
Don’t worry they plan on doing both and will find a way to get it done as always.

Slight diversion from list management and Bailey :)

Not that I'm jealous of Bailey or anything ;) but Jim Kerr, front man of Simple Minds, owns a boutique hotel in Taormina.

The videos from their latest album were shot there at the Teatro Antico amphitheatre which was built in 301 BC.

The videos are like a glorious travel advertisement for the town. And an amazing backdrop for a concert.

Taormina is also where the 2nd season of White Lotus was shot. So obviously it's even more trendy than ever.

Just another piece of trivia the keyboard player is Berenice Scott daughter of Robin Scott who many of you older peeps will better remember a M writer and singer of Pop Muzik.

Sarah Brown on backing vocals has sang with many of the greats.

And Cherisse Osei on drums is an absolute powerhouse.

Ok, thanks for your patience, now back to footy

Well done for the info beautiful spot,was there last year and a cousin is there now have passed on a message that if they see Bailey that he’s better sticking with us 😊🤔

Don't really think the Bowes + Clark trade is going to move the needle too much for the cats. Bowes is a C grader at best and Clark looks average
Yep. While the Bowes trade was a bit of a joke and Cats still won the deal - who wouldn't take on a bit of salary cap squeeze for a top draft pick and any player that's at least AFL standard playable - it looks less egregious than it did at the time, and Suns must have known Bowes had already played the best footy in his career despite their young age and knew Geelong might overlook that.

People have been saying this for a decade. Next minute, they use the lure of coming home to wherever's convenient. A property deal in some godforsaken subdivision around Geelong. Or some sweet, sweet Cotton On cash, to recruit a couple of guns and voilà!!! we're off to the premiership races. Again.

Well run clubs dont traverse the peasants path of hard graft, drafting, player development and prayers. They take the travellator of life and raid lesser clubs of their premium talent. It's the AFL way and no amount of shit stained equalisation window dressing is going to change that fact.

If we've learnt anything from Geelong's supposed decline over the years.

Its that they are a very well run club.

Last edited:
I know I know - down to death and sounds stupid but a lot of what we did against Freo looked pretty good.

This looks a pretty decent side:

Lobb Darcy Weightman
West JUH Bont

Gags Red Williams
English Trelor Libba

Coffield Naughton Dale
JOD Jones JJ

Int Macrae Sanders Duryea Harmes

I know I know - down to death and sounds stupid but a lot of what we did against Freo looked pretty good.

This looks a pretty decent side:

Lobb Darcy Weightman
West JUH Bont

Gags Red Williams
English Trelor Libba

Coffield Naughton Dale
JOD Jones JJ

Int Macrae Sanders Duryea Harmes
Interesting that the number one rated forward in the comp has found himself at chb when both himself and the coach have said he's a fwd...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't ever want to hear that we should have kept Jordon Sweet ever again.
Reading back on some posts from 2020-22 will be interesting. Numerous people wanting to pick Sweet ahead of English ... immediately before English would go on to eventually become an All-Australian player!

Maybe Bevo (and everyone who considered the two players at their respective drafts, including the media and the Dogs draft team) has a better judge of talent than a few on this board, myself included.

Maybe Bevo (and everyone who considered the two players at their respective drafts, including the media and the Dogs draft team) has a better judge of talent than a few on this board, myself included.
Heresy, surely 😧

the grudge horror GIF

Reading back on some posts from 2020-22 will be interesting. Numerous people wanting to pick Sweet ahead of English ... immediately before English would go on to eventually become an All-Australian player!

The reason people wanted Sweet in the side was because English was (and frankly still is) often soft as butter and easily dominated in the ruck, not because Sweet was a better player.

The reason people wanted Sweet in the side was because English was (and frankly still is) often soft as butter and easily dominated in the ruck, not because Sweet was a better player.
So you're admitting people would rather watch a team that appears not soft (whatever that means), rather than a team that wins? That it's okay to lose games of footy if our blokes just ran into other players or doesn't get pushed off the ball?

So you're admitting people would rather watch a team that appears not soft (whatever that means), rather than a team that wins? That it's okay to lose games of footy if our blokes just ran into other players or doesn't get pushed off the ball?

lol if that’s what I was saying I’d say it. People including me have been annoyed at the trade off that is inherent in English being our first ruck.

And it doesn’t really serve any meaningful conversation to pretend hardness at the contest isn’t actually a fairly important quality that you’d want most of your team to exhibit.

We roasting Sweet after one game where the whole Port team doesn’t show up for? As some kind of gotcha about selection?

Meanwhile we continue to play favourites with our bottom 4?

Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back