Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gettable podcast mentioning the average AFL wage will go from $387k at the end of this year to $519k by the end of 2027 (current CBA). Puts into perspective some of the length of contracts being signed, i.e. Bailey Williams for us. Ben McKay is still overpaid though regardless of how much the CBA goes up.
Interesting but would like to see the distributions, mean/median comparison, etc. Even with the overall increase I think we're moving towards the superstars getting a bigger share of the pie and the majority of players sitting well below the average.

Remember their was talk on here that Dom was having a good pre-season before he suffered with OP injury
Yeah but remember everyone was supposedly flying last pre-season. Inside The Kennel gave all of us false hope for 2023 :)

I'm a big fan of Dom based on his 2022 VFL form and wish we gave him more AFL games at the back-end of that year.

I’m ready to be ITK pilled again.
I seem to recall someone posting about a preseason training session they attended where it looked dysfunctional. No one hitting targets, players not knowing where to position themselves, basic skill errors and poor efforts, etc. We probably should have put a bit more stock in that observation in hindsight lol

Reckon he'd push Baker out of a wing spot pretty quickly
Williams and Poulter are already ahead of Baker and Scott has rotated through the wing ahead of Baker too.

It's a pretty big call to say a kid with 2 games to his name is going to push out guys we specifically targeted to fill those spots. A lot has to go right first.

Bedendo is exactly the kind of project player that we should continue to invest in.

The guy may never get his body right, but he has so much upside.

He's a rangy outlier in a side that has a pretty consistent athletic profile across the list.
I see him even being the cozier replacement

If we can't identify players who we don't think should be on the list then there's really no point having this thread.
Should probably shut down the draft thread too because we can't bring in anyone new without losing someone off the list.
No you can and I can comment on your post that’s kinda how it works

More than likely Sydney. They seem to enjoy bidding on F/S & Academy players from other clubs.
Sorry for the intrusion guys, but I think Essendon are highly likely to bid on him with our pick if he gets there.

Regardless, I have the Dogs for the Essendon Board mock draft. Took Watson with your first as I reckon it'll be between him and Sanders for that pick. For your later picks I'm hoping guys like Stevens, Hall slip through and probably another ruck towards the end

Sorry for the intrusion guys, but I think Essendon are highly likely to bid on him with our pick if he gets there.

Regardless, I have the Dogs for the Essendon Board mock draft. Took Watson with your first as I reckon it'll be between him and Sanders for that pick. For your later picks I'm hoping guys like Stevens, Hall slip through and probably another ruck towards the end
As annoying as it is for us makes sense for you guys too given Wright is your only decent KPF currently,

I hope you are wrong though ;)

I wonder if our little 4 way trade might have come with a wink nudge agreement.
Twomey recently said he thinks the bid might come a bit later than originally thought and that could explain it.
Essendon did seem to come out of that trade with a pretty good deal although we did too.

As annoying as it is for us makes sense for you guys too given Wright is your only decent KPF currently,

I hope you are wrong though ;)
I wonder if our little 4 way trade might have come with a wink nudge agreement.
Twomey recently said he thinks the bid might come a bit later than originally thought and that could explain it.
Essendon did seem to come out of that trade with a pretty good deal although we did too.
Maybe. In the end though I think Geelong bid on him before us anyway haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s all mumbo jumbo until it happens but that answer is night and day to Bailey Smith’s recent response. It also probably reflects the reality of their situations.

Cannot wait to see Marra get midfield minutes.
Wizard Of Oz Rain GIF by EricaLYNN

Morning fellas. Just wondering the feel on your board for pick 5? I presume whoever is left out of Sanders and Watson but which would be the preference? Also, should Buss request a trade home to WA next year what do you think would be a fair price? I think the only way he’d request that is if you can’t pay him enough with the other big deals you have to get done. English and JUH to stay loyal but what happens to a Bailey Smith?

Morning fellas. Just wondering the feel on your board for pick 5? I presume whoever is left out of Sanders and Watson but which would be the preference? Also, should Buss request a trade home to WA next year what do you think would be a fair price? I think the only way he’d request that is if you can’t pay him enough with the other big deals you have to get done. English and JUH to stay loyal but what happens to a Bailey Smith?
He is 19 and hasn't played a game,

Respectfully why would pay be the reason he'd leave?

He is 19 and hasn't played a game,

Respectfully why would pay be the reason he'd leave?
WCE will have silly salary cap room. Even if he only plays a handful of games you could imagine them offering Buss 3-4 years vs 2 and offer up double the salary. They will likely have a credible PSD threat too.

I’m not saying it’s likely but if I was a WCE fan I’d be wanting the club to offer a big salary and attempt to massively underpay at the trade table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back