Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Straight swap

Bailey smith for Stengel

I still think our prime focus should be an experienced ready made top end mid .... fast and skilled.

How hard could the sell be? Play in the guts with The Bont, Libba, Richards and Treloar. Run amok in the corridor. Kick the ball to Naughts, JUH, Darcy and Weightman and watch them kick a goal. Kick one yourself if you feel like it. Kick two. Don't wait .... win a flag tomorrow .... win more than one

Last edited:
Offer Stengle Baz’s money.

Taking Stengle and picks 13 and 33 would be a nice f**k you to the Cats.

Unlikely, but one can dream.
Imagine adding Stengle to that forward line! The bonus of screwing the cats over the cherry on top.

Is it so far fetched? Rumours are he’s open to a move to a Melbourne club. I’m guessing it’s a salary cap issue for us.

Imagine adding Stengle to that forward line! The bonus of screwing the cats over the cherry on top.

Is it so far fetched? Rumours are he’s open to a move to a Melbourne club. I’m guessing it’s a salary cap issue for us.

I don’t hear much but I have heard from someone who works at a clubs list management area Stengle will go to the highest bidder at the moment.

Assuming we could actually afford Baz, it should be easy to pivot to Stengle and find a little bit extra.

Stengle on $850k + Cats 1st >>>> Baz on $850k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's icing but we need cake and/or cake insurance for Libba and Treloar. Top end stuff.
A gun mid is not a must just yet IMO.

We’ve got Bont & Ed still in their primes next year and beyond, Sanders improving and Libba & Treloar are both playing elite football and don’t look like dropping off. Any gaps in 2025 can be filled by guys like Harmes, West & Garcia.

Mids are a lot easier to find and develop.

Really want to keep Smith.

Didn’t someone post about Smith & Macrae going to Geelong a few weeks ago?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He's icing but we need cake and/or cake insurance for Libba and Treloar. Top end stuff. That’ll need to be done through the draft. An established gun mid would cost a fortune

We’ve got Bont & Ed still in their primes next year and beyond, Sanders improving and Libba & Treloar are both playing elite football and don’t look like dropping off. Any gaps in 2025 can be filled by guys like Harmes, West & Garcia.

Agreed. We’ll need to add to mids via the draft. I’m not sure there any gun free agents and they’re not coming to us if there are.

Maybe someone like stengle gives west more midfield time?

Yep I think West and Weightman are enough for smalls. That gun upcoming mid is needed to grow with Sanders

I'm more inclined to go with a top end battle hardened mid 20s mid that's past the development stage.

I genuinely think we're ready to win next year. But, Treloar and Libba are in the age bracket where injuries can come quickly and take a long time to go, if they go at all. Lose one or both those players during the season next year and that has a big impact.

I'm selling big to get the one we need. Every player compo we get, this year's picks, next year's pick(s), whatever gets it done, for a prime 3-5 year window.

I'm more inclined to go with a top end battle hardened mid 20s mid that's past the development stage.

I genuinely think we're ready to win next year. But, Treloar and Libba are in the age bracket where injuries can come quickly and take a long time to go, if they go at all. Lose one or both those players during the season next year and that has a big impact.

I'm selling big to get the one we need. Every player compo we get, this year's picks, next year's pick(s), whatever gets it done, for a prime 3-5 year window.
To win next year it’s the backline that needs bolstering. The midfield is humming right now and the names you mentioned aren’t that old (although I agree that can change quickly).

What mid do you think we should target with the trade assests we’ll likely have?

As the next poster said, the backline is a massive area of need. We’ve been relying on Jones, Keath & Duryea for very important roles this year. That’s a lot of risk with all a chance to drop off in 2025.

Freijah is a nice find but relying on him, JOD & Buku to play roles in a contenders is a bit of a worry. Someone like Vlaustin would be a perfect fit.

As the next poster said, the backline is a massive area of need. We’ve been relying on Jones, Keath & Duryea for very important roles this year. That’s a lot of risk with all a chance to drop off in 2025.

Freijah is a nice find but relying on him, JOD & Buku to play roles in a contenders is a bit of a worry. Someone like Vlaustin would be a perfect fit.
Yea I think Vlaustin would be amazing for us. I'd put him over a gun mid he would cement us

To win next year it’s the backline that needs bolstering. The midfield is humming right now and the names you mentioned aren’t that old (although I agree that can change quickly).

What mid do you think we should target with the trade assests we’ll likely have?
It will come as no surprise to regulars, but Zac Butters is the player that I think transforms us. I don't care what his contract situation is, no stone should be left unturned.

Does anyone know what the catalyst has been in all this? From the outside looking in it’s always seemed like the club has given Baz all the support and space he needed with his mental health issues. Is there a reason he wants out so bad or just seeking a change?

Some reports we've only offered 2 years. Could be as simple as that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back