Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glad we dodged that overpay!!!!

giphy.gif

If English wants a decent contract, his management needs to have a word with him. His value is dropping by the week. I think other clubs are watching with interest as there might be a bargain to be had at this rate.
If Lobb is happy to play back and his form holds up, would we still be keen on Barass? I hope we haven’t promised anything. Still water to go under the bridge.

If English wants a decent contract, his management needs to have a word with him. His value is dropping by the week. I think other clubs are watching with interest as there might be a bargain to be had at this rate.
If Lobb is happy to play back and his form holds up, would we still be keen on Barass? I hope we haven’t promised anything. Still water to go under the bridge.

I’m a Lobb fan , but I’m far from convinced he will prove a success at CHB.
Had an excellent game last night , so hoping he can make that position his now and beyond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was the perfect storm try Lobby down back, indoors and a real poor opposition with a poor forward line. Unless the conditions are shocking I assume we’ll persist again v. Port before deciding whether we risk him down back against Curnow/McKay.

It was the perfect storm try Lobby down back, indoors and a real poor opposition with a poor forward line. Unless the conditions are shocking I assume we’ll persist again v. Port before deciding whether we risk him down back against Curnow/McKay.
He’d do ok on McKay… Not so much Curnow methinks

Would certainly add some polish and help with our midfield age profile
He's an out and out gun. Unfortunately can't see him going anywhere

On English, he did very little of the footy related training in the off season due to concussion symptoms. Partially Explains his performance this year vs last but also why the club is doing the right thing in not offering the farm for him, the risk is too large.

The Saints offer of $750k a year for an AA quality small forward isn’t an overpay IMO. We have a rising salary cap situation.

Small forward isn’t going to move the needle enough for that level of investment…. BUT if you have no one else to pay, then by all means.

Saints should use that money to keep Battle, as he is in a more important position and they already have him in-house.

Lobb is pretty dependant on our mids putting enough pressure on the ball carrier to allow him use his height for intercept marking. Would get done for pace if there wasn't enough pressure applies upfield

It was his second game as a back, first one last year didn’t work, yesterday did but it was against the worst performing side in the past 20 years, still he played well but I suspect we will be saying something else in a few weeks.

Would prefer to get games into Busslinger to be honest and if an opportunity for Lobb up forward comes or if English needs a break then that’s his chance

Small forward isn’t going to move the needle enough for that level of investment…. BUT if you have no one else to pay, then by all means.

Saints should use that money to keep Battle, as he is in a more important position and they already have him in-house.
No idea what he's getting now but I reckon Weightman would be worth that much to us. We'd be more one-dimensional without him.

In fact I'd rather have Weightman than Stengle. No argument that Stengle is good and if I could have both at the Dogs I would. Stengle has Weightman covered in most stats but Weightman is 2 years younger, averages more goals per game already and will probably get better, whereas Stengle is probably already at his peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back