Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

It will depend where you finish, if you win the premiership and we're talking about picks 20+ and 30+ then that just isn't going to be enough. But yes, a deal will get done regardless, it's just a matter of which supporter base will be upset with what is given up.

I can absolutely tell you right now that two firsts with Mackie/Wells in charge is not going to happen for an OOC Smith coming off an ACL.

I could see: 2024 first and a future second?
Maybe even 2024 first and two future 2nds (they could be two very good 2nd rounders) with a bit of haggling from Sam Power?
Sure i could see that.

But the idea of 2 firsts with where Cats are heading into rebuild/retool? (that started this year) Nah!
I'll be willing to put my BF profile on that not happening.

It's got nothing to do with Doggies or how their list management goes (one of the better clubs to deal with for sure)
But this is just Baz's current value.
Had he played this year at a high level i'd be right there with you on two firsts.

I can absolutely tell you right now that two firsts with Mackie/Wells in charge is not going to happen for an OOC Smith coming off an ACL.

Maybe even 2024 first and two future 2nds with a bit of haggling from Sam Power?
Sure i could see that.

But the idea of 2 firsts with where Cats are heading into rebuild/retool? (that started this year) Nah!

It's got nothing to do with Doggies or how their list management goes, this is just Baz's current value.
Had he played this year at a high level i'd be right there with you on two firsts.
I hope you do so there's a chance you don't come back here

Maybe even 2024 first and two future 2nds with a bit of haggling from Sam Power?
Sure i could see that.

It's got nothing to do with Doggies or how their list management goes, this is just Baz's current value.
Haha putting your BF profile on it like anyone here cares.

Maybe even 2024 first and two future 2nds (they could be two very good 2nd rounders) with a bit of haggling from Sam Power?
Sure i could see that.

It's got nothing to do with Doggies or how their list management goes (one of the better clubs to deal with for sure)
But this is just Baz's current value.
I don't think you can pull the "where the cats are heading" when you've played finals in all bar 2 (is it?) seasons and won 4 premierships since 2007.

Dunkley cost Brisbane two second round picks (one that was very early in the round) and a first round pick, he was also out of contract and whilst not coming off a knee, had far less up side than Smith.

I don't think you can pull the "where the cats are heading" when you've played finals in all bar 2 (is it?) seasons and won 4 premierships since 2007.

Dunkley cost Brisbane two second round picks (one that was very early in the round) and a first round pick, he was also out of contract and whilst not coming off a knee, had far less up side than Smith.

That was with a lot of key vets still playing, having elite pros like Danger, Selwood, Hawk and Jezza. The rebuild is coming.
Hawk and Stanley are done, 2E is done, Duncan, Rohan and Cam Guthrie are nearly done, Danger doesn't have that many years left in the tank. Jez will still have a fair few years as will Stewart but they are getting to that stage.

Gonna be a lean period coming up, 2024 has kind of been a free hit with an easy schedule and lack of injuries. It's not like Brisbane who were heading into the Premiership window when going for Dunkley, we are heading out of the window.

Will be keen to see both clubs work together and not draw this out. As i said Doggies are a good team to deal with.
I trust this gets done early.

Will be keen to see both clubs work together and not draw this out. As i said Doggies are a good team to deal with.
I trust this gets done early.

This would go against the grain with us, unfortunately. I think we’d all like it done early, especially if we have plans on anything ourselves. But usually, it drags on and doesn’t leave time for anything and this could be the case if we don’t have any other plans this year. Or, if we feel we are being taken advantage of it would definitely drag out like Dunkley did.

This would go against the grain with us, unfortunately. I think we’d all like it done early, especially if we have plans on anything ourselves. But usually, it drags on and doesn’t leave time for anything and this could be the case if we don’t have any other plans this year. Or, if we feel we are being taken advantage of it would definitely drag out like Dunkley did.
I can almost garantee that the Smith deal will take to the last day of trade period probably the last hour or two.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was to convince the football world that the cliff was coming and that Geelong were going into a period of rebuilding. Only for him to miraculously entice elite talent with the lure of backroom endorsement and property development deals on the surf coast.

I'll believe the devil when he's looking up at a bulldogs arseh*le from his position on the bottom of the ladder.

Unit then. Don't believe him when he comes in here speaking of reasonable deals and both parties working towards an amicable agreement.

He lies!

Last edited:
Maybe we gamble on their future 1st then, could push for a 2024 2nd round pick and a 2025 1st rounder. Not a great haul, but as we saw with Dunkley, out of contract, nominating one team, we'll drag it out but there's only so much hard ball we can play.

Looks like Geelongs first will be 13 to 18 so it’s not a gamble to take their 2025 first instead for Smith, in fact I would prefer that

Fingers crossed we can make this work together, any targets you reckon Dogs will go after outside of this trade?
I know there's a few Bulldogs ITK peeps who hang around here but haven't kept up with Doggies news outside Tim English contract stuff.

Fingers crossed we can make this work together, any targets you reckon Dogs will go after outside of this trade?
I know there's a few Bulldogs ITK peeps who hang around here but haven't kept up with Doggies news outside Tim English contract stuff.

There were strong links eventuating for Barrass, but he looks set for Hawthorn. Apart from that it looks like we might try to make a big play for someone next year (possibly free agency), but personally I’m not expecting anything even though we really need a reliable KPD and not be distracted by the recent form of Lobb/Khamis. Keath is basically cooked.

We need someone to help Jones & hope Busslinger & O’Donnell keep developing, but we need someone ready to go now and not hope they can hold up. Doesn’t need to be a genuine top line gun, but someone who is an actual defender that can compete.

One of my favourite things on this website is shlubs on iPhones saying cosplay recruiter stuff like “can absolutely tell you right now” lol
can absolutely tell you right now that Bailey Smith will post another topless photo on Insta

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there's some that are going to incredibly disappointed with what Smith will bring back.

This will be something similar to the Dunkley trade all over again. He's OOC, coming off a serious injury and it appears the club wants no part of him.
My guess would be
Future 1st
Future 2nd

Geelong:
Bailey Smith
Future third

We should have a crack at Connor O’Sullivan in the smith trade . Would be good to partner him up with Busslinger and O’Donnell
Clubs don't move on talent like that after one year and if they did it wouldn't be as Steak knives. I would love him though, he will be their Blicavs replacement.

We should have a crack at Connor O’Sullivan in the smith trade . Would be good to partner him up with Busslinger and O’Donnell
They'd want our next two firsts as well. He's just about their most untouchable player

I think this is probably how it works out except this year's first rather then next years.
Do we want this years first? I would think Hynes, Kako, Moraes would be around Geelongs first. Would look like a big downgrade on Baz at face value although I think they’ll all be decent players and would fill needs.

Do we want this years first? I would think Hynes, Kako, Moraes would be around Geelongs first. Would look like a big downgrade on Baz at face value although I think they’ll all be decent players and would fill needs.
Hynes would be a bit of a reach although not significantly. Kako will definitely be matched by Essendon as an NGA. Moraes and Berry would be the two who would be in contention if we did keep the pick.
We and Geelong both prefer to use picks this year in a trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back