Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly,

2/3 isn't too bad

Damn you Sexy Bailey Smith abs
You weren't to know that Smith's abs were worth hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to Hawthorn or Geelong VD, we'll allow it.

Prediction: Timid Timmy turns into Tenacious Timmy in 2025. (Well, I can dream, can't I?)

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m sure it has been discussed many times already in this thread, however when JUH’s next contract comes up there will be a lot of demand and it will cost us a lot of cap to retain him.

Is the general consensus he will likely sign with us?
With Tasmania coming in, I'm expecting it will also cost us big money to keep Sanders.
Darcy won't be cheap in a couple of years either.

English signing is more important than it would have been a month or so ago when we were looking at a top 10 compensation pick vs now a pick 11+.
If the WCE were going to throw a 7 year and 7 million offer, then I would of happily driven Timmy to the airport for a top 5 compo pick.
You don't blow your cap on Timmy or Bailey.
You give it to the The Bont and future stars in Darcy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the WCE were going to throw a 7 year and 7 million offer, then I would of happily driven Timmy to the airport for a top 5 compo pick.
You don't blow your cap on Timmy or Bailey.
You give it to the The Bont and future stars in Darcy.
The best we could've possibly got was a pick immediately following our first (now owned by the Suns) so pick 13 which would become pick 14 after Saints get pick 6 as compensation for Battle.

see: Brisbane offering Dunkley the world and us some scraps
It makes perfect sense from the destination club's point of view. They want the opposition's best players but they don't want to give them any assets in return that would make the player's original club any stronger. So it has gradually become a game of the list manager shrugging his shoulders and saying "well he nominated us but what can we do? we had already made arrangements to on-trade all our top draft picks [LOL] so there's not much we can offer you. How about a couple of future seconds?"

Clubs will naturally try it on every time. Baz probably doesn't give a shit about us. He's just telling his destination club to get it done, don't care how.

The clubs and the AFL may be a bit scared of the AFLPA but at some point some club has to stand up to the nominated clubs every year pulling this sort of shitty trick. And say "no deal, no trade". A bit like we did with Dunks and Dodoro.

I'd love to see it come to that sort of impasse, especially as Baz doesn't seem to give a shit about us. Otherwise it's just going to get worse every year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back