Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure how Barrass, Battle and Baz all fit into the Hawks cap space. Saints have a war chest so it would not surprise me if they were into Baz. The are a club that has very vanilla type players and the introduction of Baz's profile would be unbelievable for them.
I actually prefer him going there than to Geelong and Hawthorn for purely selfish reasons for the club.

I'm not sure how Barrass, Battle and Baz all fit into the Hawks cap space. Saints have a war chest so it would not surprise me if they were into Baz. The are a club that has very vanilla type players and the introduction of Baz's profile would be unbelievable for them.
I actually prefer him going there than to Geelong and Hawthorn for purely selfish reasons for the club.
Who would the Hawks even be paying now? They’re probably bringing forward contacts just to meet the cap floor.

Sicily is only one you could say is ‘worth’ more than $700k a year at this point. The rest of their list are either young and not yet paid highly or middling senior players.

It will eventually catch up in a couple of years when guys like Day need big extensions but it wouldn’t shock me to hear they have millions in cap space.

Who would the Hawks even be paying now? They’re probably bringing forward contacts just to meet the cap floor.

Sicily is only one you could say is ‘worth’ more than $700k a year at this point. The rest of their list are either young and not yet paid highly or middling senior players.

It will eventually catch up in a couple of years when guys like Day need big extensions but it wouldn’t shock me to hear they have millions in cap space.
I would suggest Day, Mitch Lewis,Sic would be on good money. They would have a lot of players on high-middle wages Worpel, Amon, Breust, CJ, Ginni.
But you make a good point the team don't scream star power. It will be interesting with this amount of success they've had this season whether the players that are coming to the end of contracts will demand far higher contracts going forward.

No doubt.

I’m just saying this in a scenario where he wants to return home.
They’d just back themselves in until he’s OOC I would have thought. But if it got to that point and he wanted out 2 firsts would be the starting point. Going to get interesting when 2-year future trading comes in

I find it really difficult to believe that a club that is reportedly heavily linked to Dylan Shiel and are so desperate that a week and a half ago it was doing due diligence on Tarryn Thomas is also down the pipe line with Bailey Smith.

Saints have done alright with their drafting lately and just brought in Dalrymple. Bringing in late picks like Shiel might be ok, not sure, but they should mainly focus on bringing as much young talent through the draft as they can.

I find it really difficult to believe that a club that is reportedly heavily linked to Dylan Shiel and are so desperate that a week and a half ago it was doing due diligence on Tarryn Thomas is also down the pipe line with Bailey Smith.
I can definitely believe they’re putting a big offer to him. Whether he gives them any serious thought is another question

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been here for a while and if memory serves correct everything RWB has said has been correct (Believe he knew about Josh Bruce well before the journos or it was announced). Im probably prepared to take it to the bank the hawks are in the box seat.

Love or hate Bev, we all know he hates loose lips.
For all the people who say thanks for the info, I hope they get shown the door like Dalrymple.
Loose lips sink ships.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back