Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

We got 89 disposals, 45 hitouts and 3 goals from the 14 games we selected Cordy and Bruce as the second ruck/forward. I don't think saying anything would have been a better option than that is selective.

As I said it was all made moot when we got Lobb and Darcy came along. Sweet would've left anyway and we would've recruited another ruck like we did. But there is no way I can be convinced now or at the time that playing Cordy and Bruce for as many games as we did in that role was anything but a bad option.
Fair enough, but I'm not convinced Sweet would have been even a better option than Cordy (hence why we went with Cordy for longer and earlier in the first place), given the evidence we had. Sweet was mainly forward in a 100-point win where we had 16 individual goalkickers, a VFL/AFL record, and Sweet conspired not to be one of them despite being in our forward line, for example.

It can be true that Cordy and Bruce were dreadful in that roles, and had we picked Sweet for more games, he woudl have been even worse, had that been possible.

Yeah coz Essendon are just so appealing right now. (Eyeroll).

Best facilities in the league, we just need more supporters going to home games.

Yep all well and good to be at a ‘big club’ but if you don’t win games of football consistently, nobody gives a toss about your big club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fun little fact I came across today while doing some research - In the history of the game there have only been 12 players 200+cm and of those 12 we currently have 3 of them on our list - Darcy, English, Lobb.
I have no idea where you got this information.

Not only have there been significantly more, but we also have Croft on our list.

There have been 13 that are or were 207cm+ and we have 3 of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Foxfooty we wouldn’t get Petracca even if we had the trade resources because we don’t have the bright lights appeal of the big Victorian clubs. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Maybe Trac values competent medical staff and an empathetic coach more than the bright lights of an operating theatre.

Unless there's something really serious thats gone down within the 4walls (and I'm lead to believe the only thing his been unhappy about is being told he isnt playing this season) - he really should re-consider where he signs.

GCS? Who knows where they'll be next year.
Geelong? Cliff is coming
Hawks? Probably the only other really attractive team
So weird that we'd tell him he isn't playing, would be such a boost in place of Vandermeer at HF.

So weird that we'd tell him he isn't playing, would be such a boost in place of Vandermeer at HF.
It's not weird at all. Why on earth would we risk him if he's going to leave?

If he committed to a contract, I genuinely think the club would be happy to select him after a VFL game or 2, but if he's not committing then it's just not worth the risk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back