Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

So you reckon the club would be open to moving them on
They can probably carry both into 2025 unless we have a specific trade target lined up (Houston etc.). The issue will be 2026 (Daniel & Macrae) & 2027 (Macrae) when we have to carry increased salaries for guys like Richards & Darcy.

I understand there's always significant movements with the cap but the club would be thinking 1-2 years down the line with these guys.

I do think Garcia can be a first line midfielder.
He offers burst speed and great contest work. Kicking is shonky but we can carry him.
No just his kicking. Gets lost in transition at the contest. Gallagher is well ahead of him

They can probably carry both into 2025 unless we have a specific trade target lined up (Houston etc.). The issue will be 2026 (Daniel & Macrae) & 2027 (Macrae) when we have to carry increased salaries for guys like Richards & Darcy.

I understand there's always significant movements with the cap but the club would be thinking 1-2 years down the line with these guys.
All depends on how much has been paid out on their deals as well. Believe someone said Macrae has been front loaded?

I think we have plenty of midfield depth outside of any new prospective draftees. This was always the draft to look at midfielders so the first we get for Smith should be used there + a later midfielder in the draft. That gives us a good mix for the next 3-5 years as the older brigade transition out.

Older - Libba, Treloar, Macrae
Still going - Bont, Harmes
Younger - Richards, Sanders, Gallagher
I think this proves my point that nobody young but not good enough to be in our AFL team will be providing depth in the VFL team, given that Gallagher and Sanders should be selected at AFL level for R1 next year. It might be because Macrae, Harmes etc. are on ball in the VFL, but they're not young with potential improvement.

We have depth, we don't have developing depth.

No just his kicking. Gets lost in transition at the contest. Gallagher is well ahead of him
And he still fundamentally lacks size. He's a slightly better version of some of the state league guns who rock up the dispsoals but would never make it to AFL level because they're shorter than six foot. That's just how it is.

We’ve had interest before. Is going to turn 31 during next season, but would also be cheaper than Barrass.

Wouldn’t say no if we aren’t fully convinced on Lobb, which I don’t think we would be. Jones, Collins & Busslinger would be a solid spine down back from R1 2025.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the view on Bailey Smiths trade value ?

Media are talking pick 6 for Dan Rioli to GC, which I think is way overs. Late first rounder I would have thought.

Cats currently have pick 16, which I feel is unders for Smith. I’m thinking a pick in the top 10, but Cats would need to get creative and trade up. They are notoriously bad to deal with.

What is the view on Bailey Smiths trade value ?

Media are talking pick 6 for Dan Rioli to GC, which I think is way overs. Late first rounder I would have thought.

Cats currently have pick 16, which I feel is unders for Smith. I’m thinking a pick in the top 10, but Cats would need to get creative and trade up. They are notoriously bad to deal with.
Due to ACL
I would say 1st Round Pick + Future Second

If he didn't do his ACL
Two First Rounders

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back