Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickett would be a huge get.

Surely ports salary cap is bursting at the seems if they can land him. Can’t see him taking less than 800 k pa. Bodes well for a team trying to dislodge Butters.

I can see clubs chasing the other Demons mentioned, but who would take Oliver? A shell of the player he was, in a large/long contract. Also either Dees will have to pay a fair portion of salary, or take Hunter-like pick for anyone prepared to pay a larger cut of his salary. And no guarantee he can recapture what he was, or even if he's interested in recapturing it.

Petracca supporting Weightman at his art expo, good to see he's already buying into our culture
I know it won't happen, but looking at our list esp our forwards to kick to and playing in the same midfield as Bont, he would be loving the idea to if we were a big club like Cartank and the wobbles

It's funny how his homesickness didn't occur in any of the previous off-seasons but is happening now when there's much publicised issues and multiple other good players wanting out.
I agree that it's likely an excuse, but it does make sense for someone to be more homesick in a more toxic environment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Karma is a bitch

Good to see the Richmond heroes all hang around to help rebuild the club…mercenaries all of them. One tough year and they all piss off

Giving up draft picks to go after Hopper and Taranto, would have to be one of the worst calls of all time.

It’s Essendon and Carlto level stupidity to believe you are in the window - so we can ignore the draft - when you are actually on the way down.

Our mate Tom Morris has said here we are keen on Houston (along with North and Saints)

Petracca wants Carlton

Missing out on trade targets to Hawthorne is one thing.

If true and we fall 2nd to the saints or north that’d be bad.

I don't think Pickett would be in our best 22. He would struggle to run the patterns that VDM and McNeil do.
Very true, Scrag - the only pattern he runs is the one into the nearest opponent's head.

What does 2025 have in store for Sanders? I’m not worried about him long term but for 2025 is he reliant on a combination of Libba / Treloar injuries or Macrae / Daniel moving on to get a regular spot?

I wouldn’t mind trying him in the Matthew Boyd back pocket role for 1-2 years before moving back to the mids. Alternatively telling him the wing is his for 1-2 years to build his outside game up before moving inside.

Geelong reckon they are getting Smith, Garcia, McCrae and Bukhu in some kind of package deal. They don’t have enough trade currency I would have thought. They seem to be under the mistaken impression we are under salary cap pressure and they would be helping us out.

Geelong reckon they are getting Smith, Garcia, McCrae and Bukhu in some kind of package deal. They don’t have enough trade currency I would have thought. They seem to be under the mistaken impression we are under salary cap pressure and they would be helping us out.
Most delusional ****ing fan base in existence. I hate every single one of the flog campaigners.

What does 2025 have in store for Sanders? I’m not worried about him long term but for 2025 is he reliant on a combination of Libba / Treloar injuries or Macrae / Daniel moving on to get a regular spot?

I wouldn’t mind trying him in the Matthew Boyd back pocket role for 1-2 years before moving back to the mids. Alternatively telling him the wing is his for 1-2 years to build his outside game up before moving inside.

He might git gud and force his way into the rotation.

Giving up draft picks to go after Hopper and Taranto, would have to be one of the worst calls of all time.

It’s Essendon and Carlto level stupidity to believe you are in the window - so we can ignore the draft - when you are actually on the way down.
They were trying the Geelong approach which to be fair has worked well for many years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back