Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

They were trying the Geelong approach which to be fair has worked well for many years.
Who did Geelong trade seriously big draft hauls for though? Danger and Cameron come to mind but they are top 5-10 players across the whole league. Beyond that it was mostly paying next to nothing for Smith, Higgins, Dalhaus types and paying unders for young go home types (Bruhn, Henry).

The danger comes when you trade overs for good but not elite players like Hopper and Taranto. This is more like Hawks topping up with Jager O’meara and Tom Mitchell, Bombers adding Shiel.

Hearing some rumours about the Dogs being interested in Matt Eagles

Geelong have the most embarrassing fans in the comp. In their mind everyone should want to play for Geelong, with the cats giving nothing up. But when someone wants to go like Kelly did (probably one of the more legitimate trade requests, having three special needs kids and needing family support) it’s a disgrace and they deserve 87 picks. Entitled flogs.

Port are seeking 2 first round picks, would you feel the same if we had to trade our 2025 1st with the Baz 1st?
I don't want a lot of other teams and no doubt Houston is highly rated. But I prefer not to spend up big for a half back flank which is the easiest position on the ground. The exception would be a young player like Richards that is still evolving and will transition to other positions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pickett has picked West Coast as a trade option
Pickett is no doubt a good acquisition to any list, but WCE seems about the worst fit.

Eagles have botched a few drafts and only have Reid and Ginbey as potential a-graders under 23 despite being a few years into a rebuild

This year they only have 2 picks inside the first 3 rounds (3&23), a good chunk of which goes on a small forward?

3 is too much for Pickett, 23 not enough, so futures probably get involved.

Leaving the drafting cupboard pretty bare, even after getting something for Barrass.

From a list and drafting perspective, Freo (who are loaded with picks) makes so much more sense.

Also where would we play him? I'd imagine it'd have to be in defence and if he were to transition to defence he is better off staying at the Saints given the age profile in defence and Battle out the door.
I would imagine in defense as a sweeper defender

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back