Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

That would be very short-sighted. Petracca's career is more than half over and Naughton's is relatively young. Petracca isn't going to want to come here. And further, he is a tool. Naughton expressed great faith in the Bulldogs and the Bulldogs in him with the duration of his new contract. It just isn't something that has any legs....thank goodness.

I agree with the point, but I think it’s harsh calling Petracca a tool. Seems like a nice bloke from all accounts, feel like he has been very unfairly dragged this week.

Not this late in the piece though, they quizzed him further on if things changed post the bump with Rankine and he said that it really reaffirmed in his mind that Port was the place for him.
I don't think he'd say any different given power are in the finals.

I don't think he'd say any different given power are in the finals.
I don't know - this seemed more definitive. Normally they run with the "I'm contracted, I'll leave everything like that to my manager". It'd be a bit of a backflip if he left, imo.

It's so very unpopular but I'd have a hard time saying no to a Petracca for Naughton trade.
In the short term we would be better positioned to win a flag or two with Petracca. However, Naughton is being groomed to be the next club captain once Bont decides to give it up.

The Petracca situation sounds untenable, contract be damned.

The dees would be desperate to pivot this into a star key forward. Naughton, McKay…

they will probably get Jack Darling

I agree with the point, but I think it’s harsh calling Petracca a tool. Seems like a nice bloke from all accounts, feel like he has been very unfairly dragged this week.
He was at the front of the cue of Melbourne tools after they won the 2021 flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be very short-sighted. Petracca's career is more than half over and Naughton's is relatively young. Petracca isn't going to want to come here. And further, he is a tool. Naughton expressed great faith in the Bulldogs and the Bulldogs in him with the duration of his new contract. It just isn't something that has any legs....thank goodness.
Naughton is more than likely the next captain after Bont.

Trading out those sort of guys are simply a no-go.

Naughton seems very important to the culture. No way would I support trading him out.

The bounty would be ****ing huge if he went after signing a 8 year deal.

I expect Melbourne to offer obscene money to a player to save face in this debacle.

No idea who they could pursue to come. Cadman might be an option if keen on a forward and he gets dropped for finals. Reckon a midfielder is a bigger priority of Petracca goes.

You could probably say goodbye to Marra if the Dogs actively traded out Naughton. Stable ponies.

Yeah Marra is out of contract again in 2 years, imagine the negotiations if we booted Naughton.

Hey Marra can you sign this 7-8 year contract and commit to the club like your best mate just did! Just ignore the fact he's not here anymore and only lasted 1 year of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back