Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely your not writing him off after he's first year ? My god šŸ˜‚
Absolutely not. I believe he will be solid. I think we grossly overpaid for a solid player.
Do I rate himā€¦.yes
Do I think we sold the farm for himā€¦yes
Do I think it was worth the farmā€¦No

Thatā€™s not writing him off, itā€™s just addressing the decision made

This is BS.

Disposals: 16.5 Abv Ave
Tackles: 4.6 Elite (3rd best at the Dogs)
Clearances: 2.4 Abv Ave
72% disp efficiency
5.4 cont poss, ave
3.5 Score assists, ave.

He achieved this with only 66% TOG.

Anyone who says this is disappointing for 1st year player who's playing in the guts has no idea.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app
And yet he was dropped and left out regularly.

Do dogs look at Deven Robertson if Garcia leaves?

Hopefully Sam Power is putting a red line through most/all of other club's delistings as some minion hands him post it notes with names on them...

He what? No post it notes?! šŸ˜²

He gets Co-pilot to manage a spreadsheet for him?! And doesn't even touch the keyboard, mouse or touch-screen, just updates it with his piercing eyes?!

"Look into my eyes, not around my eyes, into me eyes..."

images - 2024-09-17T094044.873.jpeg

Are you joking? Libba was off the charts. All the ā€œexpertsā€ were gushing about getting Wallis, but it was Libba that had immediate impact.
Macrae got tons of the ball. So much so that I was confident in his second season he was a fantasy steal.
I donā€™t get the same vibe from Sanders, I think he will be a solid player for us going forward but I guess I was slightly underwhelmed by season 1. I hope his trajectory rapidly turns in season 2 onward
I wasnā€™t questioning whether Libba or Macrae had elite traits mate, settle down.

I was simply asking what they were.

Did we overpay for Sanders. Time will tell.

Do we constantly berate the club for not taking big swings to access elite talent. Yes we do.

Canā€™t have it both ways.

Was the swing for Sanders or was the intended target Watson? Just what I wonder given the talk before it went down.

If we did all that for a Plan B who will probably be a good player but one that doesnā€™t address any real deficiencies we haveā€¦

i do think he will be good. Worth what we paid given what our side needs, not sure. Yes in the case of injury heā€™ll be very handy but if thatā€™s something youā€™re counting onā€¦

Fortunately the Freijah aspect of that trade is the silver lining so far. He alone may end up being worth it. If Sanders has the patience, when Libba hangs it up, he will rack up the touches too.

Was the swing for Sanders or was the intended target Watson? Just what I wonder given the talk before it went down.

If we did all that for a Plan B who will probably be a good player but one that doesnā€™t address any real deficiencies we haveā€¦

i do think he will be good. Worth what we paid given what our side needs, not sure. Yes in the case of injury heā€™ll be very handy but if thatā€™s something youā€™re counting onā€¦

Fortunately the Freijah aspect of that trade is the silver lining so far. He alone may end up being worth it. If Sanders has the patience, when Libba hangs it up, he will rack up the touches too.
Do we throw Watson in the same basket as Wingard, Impey, Barrass etc as hopeful recruits who end up at Hawthorn?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back