Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what he is, I’ve seen him play. He gets about 20 possessions for 50 metres gained.
Good on him for dominating VFL. I thought he was drafted to regenerate our AFL midfield. He will always dominate VFL because he’s gets disposal for fun. In AFL does he have enough pace, work rate, efficiency and versatility to become what we’ve banked on becoming?
I’m not sure he does.
Work rate is not an issue, concerns about his pace and disposal, fair enough.

Daniel still has interest from the Crows whilst Macrea and Lobb are being looked at by Saints. None would net a high pick given Macrea and Daniels contracts.
June 27th
My mail on Macrea to St.kilda is getting louder and I believe the club are now listening to what is on offer, however IF he was to leave the club wouldn't let him go for nothing and it would NOT be a salary dump scenario.
July 24th

That Geelong supporting idiot will still be in denial

But why, that can’t be right, he hadn’t nominated a team which obviously means he wants to come to Geelong. Everyone wants to come to Geelong, didn’t you know.
We are Geelong the greatest team of all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d get a Sam Power tattoo around my chocolate starfish if he pulled that off. Sadly, I think we will get screwed over. Pick 43 is the best we can hope for.
Not sure that is a screw over. To be completely honest it’s probably close to on the money. He’s 30 and still has three years on a contract. Doesn’t fit our list or game style at all.

Great bloke and even better clubman but doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be looking at the best option for our squad, which in this case is get a pick for him and replace with someone that fits the game plan and isn’t on 750k a year.

Hopefully Sam Power is putting a red line through most/all of other club's delistings as some minion hands him post it notes with names on them...

He what? No post it notes?! 😲

He gets Co-pilot to manage a spreadsheet for him?! And doesn't even touch the keyboard, mouse or touch-screen, just updates it with his piercing eyes?!

"Look into my eyes, not around my eyes, into me eyes..."

View attachment 2113037
Is that a phoenix knights quote?

When fit he looked fantastic,

Was taking contested marks up forward and actually slotting the goals after them,

Get a full preseason into him and the opposition fans will be lamenting our F/S luck again
His goal kicking was woeful, just like his top age year. Good everything else considering his build.

Incredible tank for a kid, let alone a tall. I really want him to develop behind the ball as he has gun CBD written all over him. Will end up with a huge TOG week to week as well which helps.

Now.. will Daniel request out?
I don't think he will. I get the feeling he really loves the club, fully understood where our positional priorities were and might back himself to reinvent what he offers.

He's also just seen his direct competition in Macrae move on (19 games in 2024) so might view a spot opening up. It was always one or the other for me, not both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back