Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Missing out on Peatling is not really big deal. We don’t HAVE to get someone just for the sake of it. O’Halloran as well - no big issue. Think some need to find other things about our footy club to be worried about rather than whether or not we get a shiny new toy just for the sake of it.
An immediate upgrade on Vandermeer and McNeil would be nice though. O'Halloran would achieve that.

Missing out on Peatling is not really big deal. We don’t HAVE to get someone just for the sake of it. O’Halloran as well - no big issue. Think some need to find other things about our footy club to be worried about rather than whether or not we get a shiny new toy just for the sake of it.
It’s the “just for the sake of it” trades that end up burning you.

I occasionally invoke our epic 2003 trade haul of Koops, Street, Morgan, Veale and Rawlings as a reminder.

For the princely sum of the Nathan Brown compensation and our second and third round picks in a spoon year.

I occasionally invoke our epic 2003 trade haul of Koops, Street, Morgan, Veale and Rawlings as a reminder.

For the princely sum of the Nathan Brown compensation and our second and third round picks in a spoon year.
This should carry a trigger warning.

Oliver to Geelong absolutely opens up the avenue to being more flexible to trade something to us.

God knows how it's all fitting in the salary cap. Bowes was meant to take up their "cap room" (hence why they got pick 7 for him). Then Holmes they kept as a million dollar player. Smith's just short of another million. And Melbourne wouldn't be moving on Oliver if they were still paying any more than half his salary, which means that Geelong will still be paying 600k or so for him.

I’ve stopped trying to understand the Bowes deal. Absolutely ludicrous that deal was ticked off on, and that would have been true no matter which club he chose, even if that was us. Surely we’ll never see a deal like that again

His contract was re-negotiated when he was traded, so the 1.5-1.6m over two years from the Gold Coast was “smoothed out” to 2.2m over four years at the Cats

Really wish the club would pursue Houston again. Sounds like he doesn’t want to go to norf (who could blame him)

I know he’d cost a fair bit but he’d have such an instant positive impact, plus I imagine we have the cap space quite easily now.

I just wonder if we really are setting up for an all in assault on Butters next off season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver to Geelong absolutely opens up the avenue to being more flexible to trade something to us.

God knows how it's all fitting in the salary cap. Bowes was meant to take up their "cap room" (hence why they got pick 7 for him). Then Holmes they kept as a million dollar player. Smith's just short of another million. And Melbourne wouldn't be moving on Oliver if they were still paying any more than half his salary, which means that Geelong will still be paying 600k or so for him.
Perhaps the exits of Hawkins, Tuohy and Rohan will go some way to magically free up their salary cap so that they can get recruit whoever they wish.

You need to be blocked from using the word Koops

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back